Misfits - BBC/Hulu - Sort of a UK version of Heroes with absolutely no heroics.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Anyone check this out yet? It's a BBC show that airs in the US exclusively on Hulu, not the worst thing I've ever seen but suffers from the same BBC problems that just about every other show they produce has, namely the complete lack of production value.

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
I've seen a few episodes but the kid with the curly hair irritates me too much to continue watching.

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
I just got about halfway through #4, where the black kid manages to change his timeline. Based on how that turns out, I will either keep going or bail.

Dec 29, 2011
England
It's considered a cool thing to like over here. But yeah I saw one episode and found it really dull.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I watched all the episodes in a single evening, not difficult because UK shows only have a handful of episodes per season. The white chick is fugly and the black chick never gets naked. The smart-ass kid who doesn't die and sees dead people isn't coming back for the third season.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
You guys need to keep watching. There's some good black humor mixed in. The Christmas episode had me fucking HOWLING. I've tried to upload a clip I made, but youtube nixed it for copyright.

Saikotic

Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
The "lead" actor (curly haired Irish git) splits after 2 seasons (in a good webisode), and was replaced by someone almost as amusing.

Saikotic

Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
You guys need to keep watching. There's some good black humor mixed in. The Christmas episode had me fucking HOWLING. I've tried to upload a clip I made, but youtube nixed it for copyright.
Found it:
[video=youtube;LIJF2d70y6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIJF2d70y6M[/video]

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
Still watching this, sort of, but I can't say I'm terribly impressed. I tend to drift in and out of scenes when I watch; it seems like one of these kids powers is to make the viewer just not care what's going on on-screen. Question: That chick who was spying on them to prove they killed the probation officer, did she die when she got her head clunked against the wall?

Saikotic

Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
Still watching this, sort of, but I can't say I'm terribly impressed. I tend to drift in and out of scenes when I watch; it seems like one of these kids powers is to make the viewer just not care what's going on on-screen. Question: That chick who was spying on them to prove they killed the probation officer, did she die when she got her head clunked against the wall?
Yes.

To each their own, I can certainly understand not liking it due to the powers. Season 3 didn't get much better in that regard. 1 person has the ability to change genders. But sometimes the writers know what to do with a power, like in the Christmas special.

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
That's the funny thing; I don't think I'm saying I don't like it. I think it's just that the concept should be more exciting, but it just doesn't seem to go anywhere. They just seem to get together every day and do their community service, and occasionally go to parties where nothing especially exciting happens. The one dudes step dad turning into a dog is pretty funny though.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Haven't read any of the thread to avoid spoilers, just scrolled down to post. Finished the first season and I'm really liking it so far. Nathan rules. Hate Barry.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
The chicks need to take their bras off. This is a UK show so there should boobles to see.

JoeyDVDZ

Aug 20, 2004
The black chick is smokin hot. That I will say without reservation.

GrammatonCleric

Nov 19, 2008
Fuck all y'all I LOVE this show. I didn't want to make a thread because my friends tell me the show is shit and I realised that was the general concensus. It doesn't matter though, I think it's brutally funny.

Nathan was fucking hilarious and is missed but Rudy ain't bad and definitely had me rolling numerous times.

Oh and Kelly is hot, I don't give a fuck what anyone says.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
God damn it I thought this was about the band. I say this because of the left side of the message board new posts thing.

GrammatonCleric

Nov 19, 2008
Haven't read any of the thread to avoid spoilers, just scrolled down to post. Finished the first season and I'm really liking it so far. Nathan rules. Hate Barry.
LOL, "save me Barry!"

GrammatonCleric

Nov 19, 2008
Found it:
[video=youtube;LIJF2d70y6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIJF2d70y6M[/video]
I swear to god the Nathan quotes videos are some of the funniest things ever. The one where he talks about blowing himself is hilarious.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Started watching it on HULU.. got me hooked and Young Ruth's tits were fabulous..

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
I saw the whole series over the past week and a half.

The first season was good, the second was decent but slid downhill near the end and the third season was dull and not very good.

Nathan was good in that his total cluelessness and childishness was so over the top it was funny. ( ie. "Save me, Barry!", "Did you say you wanted to piss on her tits? It's best you keep that between you and your internet service provider", and *throws can at simon* "You're invisible!") He really was an asshole, especially with his over the top suntan lotion scene. Simon stepped up in season 2 and became a more interesting character. Kelly is just there. Alecia was interesting but they grounded her with a useless power. Curtis was useful and had a great power initially but he never really was a strong character.

Them selling their powers and getting new ones was a dumb move from the writers.

I think the show has a great premise and really could work well but the writing and budget just kept it too grounded. I

I hate to say this but an American reboot might be better than the original if only because American production companies will hold the actors and have a long enough season for a solid story arc. Especially since American producers are settling on a solid 13 episode season for high value shows.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
The "lead" actor (curly haired Irish git) splits after 2 seasons (in a good webisode), and was replaced by someone almost as amusing.
I know a kid just like the character..I want to punch him 90% of the time.