OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Missing Memory

Discussion in 'Wackbag Tech Support' started by ianbobo, Sep 16, 2013.

1. ianbobo

ianbobo Well-Known Member
    It's My Birthday!

My laptops mother board died. I took it to a local guy to confirm it and he did. He priced new ones and I would have been better off buying a new laptop. I found a used one cheap on e-bay and paid the guy $50.00 to install it. When I bought the laptop I put 8 GB Crucial ram into it. I decided to check to make sure he put it all back in and he didn't. I called him this am and he started to ask if it just wasn't showing up and I told him I physically checked and it's not there. He said he'd look around and it's been an hour and a half. Do you think this guy took the extra stick? Would he risk losing a potential future customer over a $20.00 part? He didn't give me the old mother board either. I should have just changed it myself. How far should I push this?

2. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

It probably cost him more money to deal with you than it costs you in wasted time, so fuck him, make his life hell. It's entertaining at least.

3. gorram

gorram ;)

Seems like a simple mistake, I can relate as I run a shop that does similar repairs. However it is up to us to inventory what all is there, and should be responsible for returning it as it came in. I would make good on it if this would have happened with us. I have certainly found the number of times I would eat something like this far out way the negatives of trying to deny it.

4. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

Tell your laptop to stop drinking till it blacks out

5. ianbobo

It's My Birthday!

Well, I called him again after 4 hours. He said "Oh yeah, I found your memory". He didn't call me, he didn't apologize. Fuck him, he lost any hope of more of my business.

6. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

I hear ginko biloba is good for that.

7. JoeyDVDZ

JoeyDVDZ That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!

He was banking on you being one of those idiots who doesn't know what's in their machine. That part may only cost $20 to you, but to some know-nothing computer illiterate, that probably represented a $100 upgrade to him, not including part.

Beat the lies outta him.

8. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

He only charged $50 for tearing apart your laptop and putting it back together and you want him to kiss your ass?

9. ianbobo

It's My Birthday!

No I want him to give it back fixed. If I leave someones house and I leave a one valve pegged or a leak on an oil pump I go back fix it and apologize for the inconvenience. He never gave me the courtesy of a call back or an apology. I had to reinstall the memory and I don't know if he broke the clips or the board came like that but I had to nigrig it to get it to work. An apology mould have sufficed. And the total was $80.00 because he charged me $30.00 to diagnose what I already knew.

10. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

Take some aricept or sumptin.

11. Bobobie

Bobobie Registered User

All I'm saying is that $50 isn't worth the labor it takes to tear apart a laptop and put it back together again. Does it work now? If you ended up with a working laptop you still got off cheap paying $80.