Mission Accomplished !

A

Almighty Snafu

I hope this number works for Canadian subscribers. Guess I'll find out soon.
Going through XM Canada, the deal offered on the XM site through the 1-800 number doesn't work. (Probably because I used the Canadian XM number) At least, that's what the rep I spoke to told me. They are using the excuse that XM US and XM Canada are 2 separate companies, so the waived activation fee doesn't apply to Canadians. I managed to get half of the fee waived, but the guy wouldn't budge on getting rid of the whole thing. So unless you have better negotiation skills than me (I hope you do), the fee will still nail you.

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
May 23, 2007
Washington DC
sorry i mean yes I live in a country that actually does something for the world (USA) not Canada and the rep i tryied to talked to sounded not that convinsing. I am going to call back right now and try and find out what the deal is CANADA
SORRY FOR THE BASHING CANADA

kman440

New Wackbag
Apr 5, 2005
In a nice house
Waiting till July?

What happened to all the talk of not re-upping till July so all the cancellations show up on XM's quaterly reports.....just wondering if thats why we have till 6/30/07 to save on the $15 fee? Seeing as all the news reports are stating that there were only 5,000 units canceled, I would sure like to see the real numbers.......would'nt you?

PartyRock24

May 23, 2007
Washington DC
The War Will Never End Untill The Day O&a Will Have There Own Broadcasting Company Lol

DoucheMeister

I'm a douche!
Jun 2, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
Going through XM Canada, the deal offered on the XM site through the 1-800 number doesn't work. (Probably because I used the Canadian XM number) At least, that's what the rep I spoke to told me. They are using the excuse that XM US and XM Canada are 2 separate companies, so the waived activation fee doesn't apply to Canadians. I managed to get half of the fee waived, but the guy wouldn't budge on getting rid of the whole thing. So unless you have better negotiation skills than me (I hope you do), the fee will still nail you.
Thanks for heads up. I'll use the "you offered me a free month, and now that I want to come back, you are going to charge me an activation fee?"

See how that goes. I will not resub if I have to pay that fee.

Fuck them.

clownfish

May 16, 2007
Meanwhile, "The Economics of the Satellite Radio Merger," a new study from economist Thomas Hazlett, was released to the FCC. The study was prepared for XM and Sirius, and Hazlett says in it that "it is my opinion that the merger of XM and Sirius will predictably enhance consumer welfare. The National Association of Broadcasters' (NAB) staunch opposition to the merger illustrates their similar expectation. The improved economic vitality of a combined satellite radio company would drive industry innovation, promote competition and enhance programming and pricing options for customers."

PEST ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arythmetics

Jan 29, 2006
How you just tell them that maybe you'll subscribe to XM US instead? With the currency the way it is, it's actually cheaper and you get more channels.

DoucheMeister

I'm a douche!
Jun 2, 2006
Ottawa, Canada
Well, I decided to check my status online before calling, and it came up as active. So I plugged in my radio, and it still works.

I know it was cancelled, because I got my credit on my Visa, and have not been charged again.

So, FU to XM, and thanks for the free radio.

Arythmetics

Jan 29, 2006
Meanwhile, "The Economics of the Satellite Radio Merger," a new study from economist Thomas Hazlett, was released to the FCC. The study was prepared for XM and Sirius, and Hazlett says in it that "it is my opinion that the merger of XM and Sirius will predictably enhance consumer welfare. The National Association of Broadcasters' (NAB) staunch opposition to the merger illustrates their similar expectation. The improved economic vitality of a combined satellite radio company would drive industry innovation, promote competition and enhance programming and pricing options for customers."

PEST ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why attack? Are you really surprised? The guy was paid by XM-Sirius to do the "study", are you surprised the "conclusion" is anything other than that.

Don't waste your time.

PartyRock24

May 23, 2007
Washington DC
Xm Is The Worst If I Get Charged With Those Actvation Fees Then I Am Going To Unleash Hell On Xm And Their Indian Costermers Service Agents

vcdburn

Jimmy's shaved sack
Jun 11, 2005
What happened to all the talk of not re-upping till July so all the cancellations show up on XM's quaterly reports.....just wondering if thats why we have till 6/30/07 to save on the $15 fee? Seeing as all the news reports are stating that there were only 5,000 units canceled, I would sure like to see the real numbers.......would'nt you?
Just like GEORGE, just because the Mission is Accomplished doesn't mean we need to pull our troops right now. We need to stay the course.

PartyRock24

May 23, 2007
Washington DC
"Stay the Course" keep putting presure on the XM Nation to let them no that we arent done yet

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
If you haven't voiced your displeasure at the idea of the merger to the FCC, do so now. They are now accepting comments officially. Check my sig.

And also check my sig if you don't want to resub but want to hear the show.

Blu Swade

Vajayjay lover!
Jan 25, 2006
It's still a good idea if you can to stay the course till July brfore re-subbing. If you need a link to DL the shows PM me and I'll gladly point you in the right direction.