Movie MIssion Impossible 6

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Mission: Impossible 6 to Include Notable Character Returns and a Different Look at Ethan Hunt

Filming to begin in April.
By Alex Osborn

Mission: Impossible 6
will feature a few familiar faces and a different look at Tom Cruise's Ethan Hunt, according to the film's writer and director, Christopher McQuarrie.

"It's a very different Ethan Hunt, I can promise you that," McQuarrie told Empire, also noting that filming will begin in Paris on April 10. The director went on to tease that a few returning characters from prior films in the franchise will return, "including people you would not expect to be back." We already know Rebecca Ferguson will return for Mission: Impossible 6, reprising her role as Ilsa from the fifth film, Rogue Nation.

McQuarrie also discussed the film's opening moments, saying, "it starts in a very unconventional way." In fact, he went so far as to confirm it won't be a big action scene, noting that this "was the hardest pitch of this movie."

Mission: Impossible 6 will dive deeper into the character of Ethan Hunt, something McQuarrie said wasn't really explored in the first five films. Acknowledging Mission: Impossible III, McQuarrie noted, "One movie sort of dealt with his personal life; the other movies are about people speculating what’s really going on in Ethan's head. I want to know who Ethan is in this movie, I want an emotional journey for this character, and Tom really embraced it."

In order to make it a more character-driven movie, McQuarrie said he's doesn't "want to string together a bunch of action scenes," but instead "actually deal with character" of Hunt. As such, he's "put Ethan in a bunch of complicated moral quandaries," and in attempting to connect it all together realized, "ironically, the way to connect them was through giant action scenes."

Mission: Impossible 6 ran into a pre-production snag last year, but the dispute between Cruise and Paramount Pictures over the actor's salary for the film has since been resolved.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02...er-returns-and-a-different-look-at-ethan-hunt

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
6??? I don't think I've watched any after the first.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Ghost Protocol is the best in the series.
I can't tell if you are joking or not anymore.

3>5>4>1>2

If PSH isn't there (Joker effect)

5>4>3>1>2

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I can't tell if you are joking or not anymore.

3>5>4>1>2
Christ, BIV.

Only you would pick the only one without an actual plot as #1.

4>1>5>3>2

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Christ, BIV.

Only you would pick the only one without an actual plot as #1.

4>1>5>3>2
Were you drunk when you watched it? The plot was pretty easy to follow.

Maybe I need to see 1 again. I don't have fond memories of it.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Were you drunk when you watched it? The plot was pretty easy to follow.

Maybe I need to see 1 again. I don't have fond memories of it.
Oh yeah? What was it?

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Oh yeah? What was it?
Ethan foils evil plot. Bad guy kidnaps chick. "Complete my evil plot or I kill your chick". Profit. Chick is rescued.

Don't really see the issue here. Never said it was a GOOD plot. None of them have good plots.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Ethan foils evil plot. Bad guy kidnaps chick. "Complete my evil plot or I kill your chick". Profit. Chick is rescued.

Don't really see the issue here. Never said it was a GOOD plot. None of them have good plots.
What was the evil plot?

(Surrender now.)

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
What was the evil plot?

(Surrender now.)
PSH was trying to get his hands on a viral weapon so he could sell it. I think it was a virus.

EDIT: I know Ethan stole it from Japan. Doesn't matter, insert random McGuffin. Point is he had X amount of time to get it.

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
So I saw this last night.

It was pretty good. But man, did I feel like it was a partial ripoff of The Dark Knight. From

-Police Motorcade through the city transporting the villian. They even had a Police Van end up in the adjoining river.
-Music was just Hans Zimmer Light with the Mission: Impossible theme layered over it.
-Dealing with two separate bombs.
-Mustache Boy getting his face scarred on one side.
-The Motorcycle Chase
-Living with the choices you made (Harvey/Rachel vs Luther/Plutonium)

And other things. I'd have to rewatch. The whole thing felt like it was heavily influenced by that film. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Also, I chuckled at the idea that Rebecca Ferguson and Michelle Monaghan look so similar, they just went ahead and gave an excuse for Michelle to wear a white jacket the whole time so we as the audience could tell them apart.

Last edited:

Bill Lehecka

The Fat Horse v. 2.0
Donator
Dec 8, 2004
Cohoes, NY
Other things I giggled at/thought about:

Cruise and Superman are on the plane:

Cruise: Are we clear?
Cavill: Crystal.

Ferguson has to complete a mission for MI6... Which so happens to be the title for this film.

How the fuck is Cruise 56 and still doing these films? Jon Voight was 57 when the first M:I came out, and he looked old as shit.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Other things I giggled at/thought about:

Cruise and Superman are on the plane:

Cruise: Are we clear?
Cavill: Crystal.

Ferguson has to complete a mission for MI6... Which so happens to be the title for this film.

How the fuck is Cruise 56 and still doing these films? Jon Voight was 57 when the first M:I came out, and he looked old as shit.
My friend pointed out to me the other day that Cruise is 5 years older now than Wilford Brimley was when he made Cocoon.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Just saw it and enjoyed it. Always liked the film series except for the John Woo one...fuckers got a thing for pigeons and slow motion and motorcycles.

It was what it was.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
My friend pointed out to me the other day that Cruise is 5 years older now than Wilford Brimley was when he made Cocoon.

I had heard that last week. I also learned that the average age of action stars these days is 50.