Mitt Romney hasn't answered a press question in over a month

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
But when somebody posts legitimate news articles they always get questioned, unless it's mother Jones or kos.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Okay, I'll just take this anonymous persons tweet as fact.
Feel free to prove me wrong. I don't want to believe Romney has been ducking the press this badly myself, but until someone pulls back the curtain, the Wizard of Oz is real dammit!

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
https://twitter.com/kasie/status/263414826330632193

The last question Romney took from his press pool was on September 28. The last sit-down press interview he did was over 3 weeks ago. Avoiding the press in the waning days of your campaign doesn't seem very Presidential. What is Mitt hiding?
Is Candy Crowley, Bob Schieffer, and Jim Lehrer not pressy enough for you?

And you'll have to forgive the man...perhaps he just can't answer what newspapers and magazines he likes to read and doesn't want to face those gotcha questions.

Okay, I'll just take this anonymous persons tweet as fact.
She isn't anonymous. Kasie Hunt is an AP reporter travelling on the Romney campaign plane.
Is Candy Crowley, Bob Schieffer, and Jim Lehrer not pressy enough for you?

And you'll have to forgive the man...perhaps he just can't answer what newspapers and magazines he likes to read and doesn't want to face those gotcha questions.
I guess you don't know much about American Presidential campaigns.
You see, traditionally, the press is allocated a certain amount of seats on the campaign plane to travel with the candidate and report on the campaign. As part of that reporting, since the American people have no other direct line to the candidates, they usually conduct regular interviews or news conferences where they have a chance to ask questions.
Bush and McCain were known for regularly coming back and chatting. Hell, Bush let Nancy Pelosi's daughter to a documentary on the campaign and he came and talked to her voluntarily. Hell he even gave her diet advice, access to what he snacked on, and teased her about the relationship she had with one of the camera guys in the press pool. More improtantly, he regularly answered questions. This is the type of transparency we want from our candidates. Its not the same as answering debate questions because those are pre-assigned topics. The press pool will ask about issues on the day, and current events.
Its just curious that Romney is so close to the biggest night of his life, and he's decided to go silent. Back in March, in primary season, he was known for coming back and chatting up reporters.
Since he's gone silent, he makes other people speak for him. Marco Rubio actually came to the back of the plane and spoke to reporters a few days ago. So has Ann Romney.

As for Palin, the question about what she reads was not a "gotcha" question. It was as Chris Rock would say "the easiest GED question in the world." Even Bill O'Reilly said it was such an easy question to answer. If she said "I read a lot of papers online, USA Today, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal and our both local papers, and read the Economist and even some hunting magazines when I get some down time" it would not have become a youtube/SNL moment.
The fact that she claimed to read every newspaper and magazine in the United States is what made her look like the dumb fuck she is, not the softball question.

LineBackerU

There is a good chance I am blocking you.
Donator
Oct 14, 2002
If only Romney had sit down with hard hitting news organizations like MTV and Nickelodeon.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
The agitation appears to be increasing among the media as President Obama continues to avoid taking questions from White House reporters. On Friday, Obama's deputy press secretary parried a series of volleys from the White House press corps, all of whom wanted to know when the president would break his over-two-month streak of not formally answering their questions.
Obama has been doing this for 3 months now. The president doesn't have time for FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS or CNN. He only has time for exemplars of journalistic excellence such as Entertainment Tonight, late night talk shows and Comedy Central programs.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
From school bullying to this.

The nervousness of the left is really showing itself.

If Romney is going up in the polls without being interviewed by news outlets that are cheering and supporting his opponent, good for him. I hope he wins by a huge margin and only sits down with Fox after the election.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
President Obama has press lackeys come out and say things like
"Well, President Obama answered a lot of questions on Nickelodeon."

The press is in the bag for Obama and he's been personally absent from the press corps since June.
He went June 20th to October 27th without answering a question from the press corps.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
President Obama has press lackeys come out and say things like
"Well, President Obama answered a lot of questions on Nickelodeon."

The press is in the bag for Obama and he's been personally absent from the press corps since June.
He went June 20th to October 27th without answering a question from the press corps.
I think you mean the press corpse. :cool:

FellowTraveler

Frank Reynolds is my hero
Jul 24, 2005
Obama has been doing this for 3 months now. The president doesn't have time for FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS or CNN. He only has time for exemplars of journalistic excellence such as Entertainment Tonight, late night talk shows and Comedy Central programs.
Don't forget the "Pimp With A Limp" radio pogram. That was hard hitting journalism at its best.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
It is always this chickenshit affiliate stuff, too. He'll take some questions from East Slapnuts, NBC affiliate and then act like he did something.
That isn't a real interview. People Magazine isn't the equivalent to a press corps grilling.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
Would've been funnier if you embedded a picture of Obama playing slots or sitting at a craps table.
He was at the White House with Panetta and Jarrett when the pleas for assistance were ignored.