OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Mitt Romney: Humans contribute to global warming

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

This is really enraging the cons. Limbaugh said "Bye bye nomination" on his radio show and now Palin's flip-flopping on it is making the rounds as well. Romney seems to think he's the "lock" for the GOP nomination and doesn't care who he pisses off.

2. Falldog

Falldog Wackbag's Best Conservative
    Donator

I find it amusing that people thought he was electable in the first place.

3. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Chris Christie said something similar last week.

4. Party Rooster

So did Sarah Palin, that is before the Tea Party made it a plank in their platform to be against it. God damn Katie Couric and her GOTCHA journalism!

5. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

All animals by exhaling emit carbon into the atmosphere

6. Kirk Strong

Kirk Strong Banned

Maybe Stanhope can be Mitts VP. They can run on abortion and sodomy.

[video=youtube;YkgDhDa4HHo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkgDhDa4HHo[/video]

Stanhope, big NWO supporter.

7. Kirk Strong

Kirk Strong Banned

Globalist 101: Carbon is poison, carbon is life, life = poison. The solution? Reduce life (carbon) on earth.

8. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

It's bovine revenge. The cow farts are too blame. They figure even if it means moo-cow genocide, they will change the climate and kill off man. Better to kill yourself along with your adversary, then to end up on his plate.

It's the cooowwwssss, maaaaaannnnnnnn!

9. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

They're two different carbons, stupid.

10. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

SP's second flipflop of the week? I know it's not worthy of its own thread but anyone notice the emails that were released this week? Specifically the one where she thought that anyone making a threat of shooting someone should be stripped of their Second Amendment rights? Bet that one's not gonna sit well with the Con crowd too.

Fixed

11. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

Is that the best they dug up from those 20,000 some odd emails? Wow.

But yes, I did read the highlights of the Palin e-mails...but I had to stop because I was starting to really like her.

12. TheDrip

TheDrip I'm bi-winning.

He's a Moron. That alone equals doomed in the presidential race, considering that it's one of the sillier religions out there.

13. Hate & Discontent

Hate & Discontent Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?

Except CO2 is then captured by vegetation and stripped back out of the atmosphere.

14. TreeFortRichard

Yeah, but that carbon is in the form of CO2 which is reabsorbed by plants. Plants grew, died and turned into oil. Plants take Carbon Dioxide (one carbon and 2 oxygens) water (2 hydrogens and 1 oxygen) and convert it to via sunlight into food....locking up the C and releasing the 02 as oxygen. That oxygen is breathed in by animals, exhaled as carbon dioxide...repeat...

Humans are the only animals* that take all that locked up carbon (oil) combine it with oxygen (just like when we breathe) and release Carbon Dioxide...if there were enough plants on the planet they would strip that CO2 out and balance out the Oxygen...But that's not possible now because humans are stripping the earth of the huge forests that do that for us...

It's not that anyone can deny that we have increased CO2...nor can they deny that this has some impact globally...and would be a nice thing to halt...it's the level to which this is affecting the world...

Romney is merely stating the WISEST thing anyone can...Don't deny it and don't label it as the ONLY cause...just say it is a % w/ out committing to a number...It's a cool move for a GOP guy

*except for those damn beavers cutting down all our forests!

15. MayrMeninoCrash

She probably would've made a fine moderate candidate if she hadn't taken the right turn to Derpstown.

16. MayrMeninoCrash

What about every single animal that eats plants and converts them into methane?

17. Party Rooster

Did you purposely leave out the other M? Otherwise your Freudian Slip is showing...

18. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

While it's true that the hypothesis that CO2 levels in the atmosphere lead to somewhat higher temperature has enough evidence behind it to be accepted, and that human industry has increased CO2 levels, neither of those two findings affects human societies in any significant way.

They're not political issues unless we allow people like Romney to become involved. Any time a politician cites that science, his intentions become clear to anyone with half a brain. Please, please, conservatives, don't vote for Romney. If he wins. he's just going to keep this madness going (along with socialized medicine) and cause more harm to American industry and the overall economy.

Libertarian minded opinion makers have no problem with allowing scientists the freedom to continue their research. The problem started when environmentalists who are against industry on principle hijacked this basic, and not very significant scientific finding and, sponsored by power hungry politicians, built an obviously false AGW theory that make some unscientific claims (which, recent evidence has proven, aren't just honest mistakes but amount to deliberate fraud):

1. To know for a fact the exact amount of warming since the 19th century.
    2. To know for a fact or with high probability the future effects of projected CO2 and methane emissions (based on imperfect and contradictory computer models in which deliberately fraudulent data was introduced to begin with).
    3. To know for a fact the effects of warming on weather.
    4. The arbitrary claim, whenever a natural disaster occurs, that it's caused by global warming.

19. fulldevilsoccer

fulldevilsoccer Registered User

Didn't John Mccain say the same thing in 2008?

20. JoeFromS.Jersey

JoeFromS.Jersey Registered User

Guess he's really trying to lock up the "Independent" vote
    yuck

21. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

He's a fucking Mormon. He'll say anything to appeal to people that "don't understand his greater truth" for their own good.

22. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I saw of historic temperature trends (I guess they look at rock or some shit) when you consider millions of years our planet is actually roughly 20 degrees cooler than the average (over those millions of years) right now. The reason the planet is slowly warming is we've been slowly coming out of an ice age over the last 10,000 years.

I use to have a bunch of material on this, but don't have time to look for it now because I have to drive to Oregon. Just made sense to me.

23. Plunkies

Plunkies Registered User

Global warming may be a sinking ship but dammit, Mitt Romney is still going to ride it to victory! Or sink. Definitely one or the other.

24. MagicBob

MagicBob Registered User

yep.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/19/us/politics/19climate.html

I know, I know.. it from the NYT... which means its not true :wavy guy:

25. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Is anyone really surprised?