Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Actually, I meant "koo" key...:icon_cool

O'Donnell backs Romney

Posted by
CNN's Ashley Killough

(CNN) - Christine O'Donnell, a tea party favorite who ran an unsuccessful U.S. Senate bid in 2010, announced her support Tuesday night for Mitt Romney, a GOP presidential candidate lacking fanfare among the conservative grassroots movement.

"It is my hope that my endorsement of Gov. Mitt Romney will cause others to give him a second look," she said in a statement.

The social conservative, better known for denying she was a witch in a campaign ad after admitting she once "dabbled into witchcraft" as a teenager, said she was throwing her weight behind Romney because she finds him trustworthy and as someone with "conviction to do the right thing regardless of opposition."

In an apparent knock against GOP front-runner Newt Gingrich, O'Donnell praised Romney's experience in the private sector and said the nation needs a president who is not a "Washington insider" or "who hasn't been playing the game for the last three decades."

Romney has struggled to boost his support among the tea party base, whose activists largely view the former Massachusetts governor as too moderate and too aligned with establishment Republicans.

But O'Donnell brushed aside those claims and pointed to his support for her and other candidates who rode the 2010 tea party wave, including Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley.

Romney's campaign responded Tuesday night to the endorsement.

"Christine has been a leader in the conservative movement for many years," Romney said in a statement. "Christine recognizes that excessive government threatens us now and threatens future generations, and I am pleased to have her on my team."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/13/odonnell-backs-romney/#comment-3976299
Totally shocked by this. Wasn't she the one railing against the GOP establishment and now she's endorsing their pick? Sounds like someone got a talking to...

nikoloslvy

I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
Donator
May 5, 2003
Odd indeed. Do you have any idea how much legwork and screaming I did for her against the party bosses? Do you have any idea what kind of uphill battle that was? She's not even in office so how could she have been bought ? Then again coulter is on some weird Christie kick.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Maybe shes a smart broad and knows her support will chase more people away than it will bring in.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Seriously, who cares about this woman

I would think an endorsement from Bobo carries more weight than Christine O'donnell

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Have fun storming the White House.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
:smackhead:

Christine O’Donnell Likes That Mitt Romney Has “Been Consistent Since He Changed His Mind”

Rob Port • December 15, 2011

One of the most bizarre spectacles of this primary season has been former tea party darling Christine O’Donnell endorsing uber-RINO Mitt Romney for president. Called on to explain her endorsement by CNN, O’Donnell says one of the things she likes best about Romney is his consistency.

When challenged on that by pointing out that Romney actually hasn’t been consistent at all on a lot of issues, O’Donnell said she likes that he’s been consistent…since he changed his mind.

Right. And alcoholics are always sober starting from the last time they got drunk.

[video=youtube;ynfiwB85CT4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ynfiwB85CT4[/video]

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
She makes perfect sense. Being consistent since one has changed their mind is exponentially better than someone who flip flops every time they're not consistent. Point O'Donnell.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
She makes perfect sense. Being consistent since one has changed their mind is exponentially better than someone who flip flops every time they're not consistent. Point O'Donnell.
How about you just be consistent from the get go? Nobody really questions Bachmann, Santorum, or Paul on any flip-floppings. I will cut Romney a little slack for being a Republican in a huge lib state like Massachusetts though.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
What has Romney been consistent on since changing his mind? And how come flip-flopping was a horrible sin when John Kerry did it, but now it's the most postive action any politician can undertake?

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Bump! Doesn't get any bigger than this "endorsement!" :icon_cool

May 15, 2012 11:59am
George W. Bush: ‘I’m for Mitt Romney’

Mitt Romney has the support of George W. Bush.

“I’m for Mitt Romney,” Bush told ABC News this morning as the doors of an elevator closed on him, after he gave a speech on human rights a block from his old home — the White House.

Bush’s endorsement isn’t a surprise, given that Romney is virtually the Republican Party’s nominee. But the 43rd president has been absent from the 2012 campaign and hasn’t made any public comments showing his support for Romney.

Romney did get the formal backing of Bush’s parents, President George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush, in March.

People who worked in the Bush administration say they doubt the former president will be campaigning for Romney this year. Even in his post-presidential life, Bush still gets a lot of the blame for the poor economy, according to polls, though he has become more popular since leaving office.

Bush was speaking today at an event to promote the George W. Bush Presidential Center’s campaign for human rights activists around the world.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/george-w-bush-im-for-mitt-romney/

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Bush was speaking today at an event to promote the George W. Bush Presidential Center’s campaign for human rights activists around the world.
Isn't that sweet, after all that war.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Totally shocked by this. Wasn't she the one railing against the GOP establishment and now she's endorsing their pick? Sounds like someone got a talking to...
Another phony exposed, or maybe she thinks her endorsement will be bad for Romney?