MLB 2K8 Or MLB 08 "The Show"?

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
So MLB 2K8 and MLB 2008 The Show come out this Tuesday, March 4th.
Which one are you getting?
I still wish EA would have ponied up the money to continue to make MVP, which I thought was much better than both of these, but alas EA didn't.

I'm going to pick up one of these on Tuesday, I'm leaning toward 08 The Show, but no reasoning behind it.
I've played both last year and both were ok. I'm going to need a baseball game this year though. This way I can at least pretend that the Cardinals are winning.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
So MLB 2K8 and MLB 2008 The Show come out this Tuesday, March 4th.
Which one are you getting?
I still wish EA would have ponied up the money to continue to make MVP, which I thought was much better than both of these, but alas EA didn't.

That's cause EA blew their wad on getting exclusive rights to the NFL and ESPN(Can't wait for the contract to expire...two or three years to go!). Plus add in the fact that MLB didn't want one company to have exclusive rights so they sold their rights to Take-Two as a third party maker. So Take Two could share the licence with Sony or anyone else wishing to make a MLB game. Everyone except EA(Retaliation for buying up the NFL brand and for keeping everyone else from making a NFL game)
Got worried when I heard that EA might buy out Take-Two but there is word another company may be beating them to it. A company that knows about making video games and has seen some good success the last few years....Activision(COD4).

As for which one I'm getting, I'm holding out judgement. I'm getting The Show for PSP like I always do but leaning toward 2K for the PS3. I'm hoping they put the music option in the PS3 version like they have for the 360 version. I thought since The Show is doing it for PS3 that maybe 2K will do the same.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I'm not even much of a baseball fan, but I'm thinking of getting The Show '08 after playing the PS3 demo. For the first time in a videogame, I could really feel the tension of the batter/pitcher duel while playing.

And once my pitcher allowed the opposing team to get runners in scoring position, my dualshock 3 controller started thumping to the beat of the pitcher's heartbeat. I thought that was really cool (and nerve wracking).

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/856/856121p1.html

Here is a review for The Show by IGN. They gave it a great review with 8.7. I have gotten The Show for the past few years, and it's not going to change this year. Especially, since most people are saying MLB 08:The Show is the best one yet in their franchise.

Steam

May 18, 2003
I'll be picking up The Show as soon as the new PS3 bundle comes out in June. I fucking hate waiting that long but I want dual shock dammit.

buya97

Official Virus Spreader of Little Falls, NJ
Nov 25, 2004
Jersey
I was so in for 2k8 but over the weekend i got a new tv, and had to get bluray,SO that means getting a PS3, so I think I will give The Show a try first, damn really wanted Jose reyes to be on my cover, now i have a phillie, yuck!

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
The Show all the way here, picking it up this week!

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
I got both last year because I didn't get my PS3 until after I had bought 2k7.. The Show is the better game so that is the one I will be getting...

askewcore

Why am I Mr. Sparkle?
Dec 5, 2004
I'm a 2k8 man myself.

buya97

Official Virus Spreader of Little Falls, NJ
Nov 25, 2004
Jersey
I got both last year because I didn't get my PS3 until after I had bought 2k7.. The Show is the better game so that is the one I will be getting...

Hit me up on the PS3, I'm getting this game in a couple days

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
Show...And lets get a league going on here
will the show have a league feature..I didn't see any last year.. If its no a in-game feature running one on here is just insane and too much work...

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
The show is good but its only for ps3 so us 360 whores don't get a good baseball game...Mvp 05 is the best baseball ever...and now we have to deal with shitty 2k series or not...everytime a new 2k game comes out I try it and want to puke..R.I.P Baseball Sims.

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
The show is good but its only for ps3 so us 360 whores don't get a good baseball game...Mvp 05 is the best baseball ever...and now we have to deal with shitty 2k series or not...everytime a new 2k game comes out I try it and want to puke..R.I.P Baseball Sims.
2k wasn't that bad last year.. The show was just better.. The main problem I had with 2k7 was that it was really easy to hit home runs and even easier to steal them...I have never seen so many stolen home runs...

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY

From Ebgames expanded game info

Online League Play – MLB 08 THE SHOW provides today's sports fanatics with the ability to set up leagues with anywhere from 6-30 teams with full stat tracking, point benefits and rewards. Gamers can customize the league including choosing players, teams, length of schedule and much more. (Note: There are no cross platform leagues available.

So looks like we can get something going....Calling the mets now :icon_mrgr

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
From Ebgames expanded game info

Online League Play – MLB 08 THE SHOW provides today's sports fanatics with the ability to set up leagues with anywhere from 6-30 teams with full stat tracking, point benefits and rewards. Gamers can customize the league including choosing players, teams, length of schedule and much more. (Note: There are no cross platform leagues available.

So looks like we can get something going....Calling the mets now :icon_mrgr
<---------Yankees...

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
Just got done with my exhibition game in my franchise mode...gotta say I really like it...

I need to get the basrunning down but so far it's worth the buy....

I'm really looking foward to a league with you assholes once you guys pick this up

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
Id never recommend a 2k game. They generally put out very glitchy games with plenty of bug exploits. Patches/updates are almost non-existent.