Mom, Allegedly Left Son In Sweltering Car While She Shopped

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

Mary Amber Moore
A mom is accused of leaving her 5-year-old son in torrid heat while she shopped at a Covington, Ga., Kmart on Saturday.

Mary Amber Moore, 32, allegedly told her son to stay in her car under a towel on the floor so people wouldn't see him, according to the Covington News.

When police arrived, after receiving complaints from concerned passersby, the temperature was 89 degrees and the car was in full-sunlight, the paper reports.

Witnesses told police the boy was "sitting inside a car, with all the windows rolled up, crying" according to the Covington News.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that officers went into Kmart and arrested Moore, who is also accused of illegally obtaining prescription pills that were allegedly found in her car.

Mommyish blogger Eve Vawter writes that these types of situations call for concerned citizens to take matters into their own hands:
I think we should all form a vigilante group and wander discount store parking lots and rescue kids and pets left in hot cars. I will buy us all frappes if you design the logo for our Mommy Hot Car Rescue league!​
Link
Leaning towards pill popper....

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Oh Hi Atlanta! How are you?

Even though in this particular case, it does tend to happen all over, as people generally suck a dick as a whole.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
When I was a kid, we were left in the Wagon Queen Family Truckster for as long as it took for ma to get her shopping done. We sweated. It was hot. This was before people had a water bottle surgically implanted in their hand, and we all lived. If the area was sketchy, ma told us to keep the windows up. If it was a nice part of town, we could roll them down. Sometimes another Family Truckster parked next to us and we could talk to those sweating kids.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Mommyish blogger Eve Vawter writes that these types of situations call for concerned citizens to take matters into their own hands:
I think we should all form a vigilante group and wander discount store parking lots and rescue kids and pets left in hot cars. I will buy us all frappes if you design the logo for our Mommy Hot Car Rescue league!​
Can't wait for a li'l white Hispanic to shoot a tiny negro boy with a Super Soaker. Justice for Flintstones Chewable Vitamins!​

Jambi

Infidel
Nov 29, 2006
FL
She, is retarded.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
Send that bitch to hell. If you have kids and can't figure out that leaving them in the car during the summer is bad. You should be given a lethal injection for the good of your kid and the good of the country.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Kill this bitch! Into the oven with ya you fucking pig!

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
If it was Atlanta, she would've been black. Suburban assholes tend to be white.
There are plenty of white assholes in Atlanta. Midtown is a nice (white) area and that has some of the worst, most selfish drivers in the city. Luckily, they're concentrated near Piedmont Park and only come out at rush hour.

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
There are plenty of white assholes in Atlanta. Midtown is a nice (white) area and that has some of the worst, most selfish drivers in the city. Luckily, they're concentrated near Piedmont Park and only come out at rush hour.
Was in Buckhead my last time around. Seemed ok. Lennox Mall, etc? Had dinner at the Commodore and had the best Fried Chicken I've ever run across. That area an oasis from the denizens of the dark? Or do they now possess the abilities of the Ninja and can blend in/disappear at will.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Was in Buckhead my last time around. Seemed ok. Lennox Mall, etc?
It's a nice place (not that I spend any time there), but I fucking hate the architecture of the skyscrapers there. Reminds me of Dubai. It's ugly as fuck.
That area an oasis from the denizens of the dark? Or do they now possess the abilities of the Ninja and can blend in/disappear at will.
Buckhead is an upscale nightlife district, but I think it's more even in terms of racial demographics. This is all guess work on my part, though. I know that there are plenty of upscale, rich, young black people in this city, but I just don't know if Buckhead is a favorite hangout of their's.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Some information for you from Wikipedia, Yesterdays Hero.
Demographics

Since at least the 1950s, Buckhead has been known as a district of extreme wealth, with the western and northern neighborhoods being virtually unrivaled in the Southeast. In 2011, The Gadberry Group compiled the list of the 50 wealthiest zip codes in the United States, ranking Buckhead's western zip code (30327) as the second wealthiest zip code in the South (behind Palm Beach's 33480) and the second wealthiest zip code east of California and south of Virginia.[15] The same group reported the average household income at $280,631, with an average household net worth of $1,353,189 [16] These 2011 figures are up from a similar 2005 study that pegged Buckhead as the wealthiest community in the South and the only settlement south of the Washington D.C. suburb of Great Falls, and east of the Phoenix suburb of Paradise Valley to be among the 50 wealthiest communities in the country.[17] However, according toForbes Magazine, (30327) is the ninth-wealthiest zip code in the nation, with a household income in excess of $341,000.[18] The Robb Report magazine has consistently ranked Buckhead one of the nation's "10 Top Affluent Communities" due to "the most beautifulmansions, best shopping, and finest restaurants in the Southeastern United States".[19][20][21][22][23] Due to its wealth, Buckhead is sometimes promoted as the "Beverly Hills of the East" or "Beverly Hills of the South" in reference to Beverly Hills, California, an area to which it is often compared.[24][25][26]

Yesterdays Hero

Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Some information for you from Wikipedia, Yesterdays Hero.
I believe it. Was a good area. I agree on the buildings looking like a retard designed them. Was clean. Would go back to that part of that Blackhole (punny! cause of the coons! get it?). Buckhead Diner was fucking amazing food. Horrible for you, but worth the gym-time to eat it.