Montel Williams says Heath Ledgers death not that important.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
And I applaud him for it. Our troops dying in Iraq and Afghanistan are much more important to me than some faggoty hollywood actor. I don't know about you, but I really wish the news would focus more on the young men and women overseas dying for our freedom than the writers strike, briteny or any of the other scum from hollywood. I could give two fucking shits about what award some actor won. Go pat yourself on the back on someone else's time.

http://www.devilducky.com/media/90302/

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
And I applaud him for it. Our troops dying in Iraq and Afghanistan are much more important to me than some faggoty hollywood actor. I don't know about you, but I really wish the news would focus more on the young men and women overseas dying for our freedom than the writers strike, briteny or any of the other scum from hollywood. I could give two fucking shits about what award some actor won. Go pat yourself on the back on someone else's time.

Montel would be correct. NICE!

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!

Great POST:clap: I couldn't agree more! The media is so fucked up and we all feed into it,,,just look at Britney Spears,,,I think she would of been far less of a screwball if it wasn't for the papparazzi,,,and there are much more inportant things going on in this world,,,shit this country is just about in a recession,,,troops dying left and right,,,,and as far as this being a drug overdos= do you have any fucking clue how many people die in your town of such things? It's not a big deal and this guy shouldn't be treated as a fucking god :mad4: "Oh it's so sad he was so talented." = REALLY????!!!??? Did he fight for the country? Did he cure aids? Did he do anything but make a "shocking" movie about gays assbanging in the mountains= NO!

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
Oct 12, 2002
Limerick, Pa
I'm not even clicking the link.

I know Heath Ledger's death wasn't important to me. To your point, those who die while serving the country are far more important, but I don't see Heath's demise as any more significant than anyone who dies. And, since I didn't know him, I don't really give a shit.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Soldiers more important than Heath Ledger? Wow, he's really taking a tough stand that Montel is.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I was trying to talk news and current events with my girlfriend last night and she told me about Matthew McConnoghey (However the fuck you spell his name, I honestly don't care enough to look it up) and his girlfriend having a baby.

I laughed at her and told her to go watch more "reality" TV

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
Ya gotta give Montel a lot of credit, Mikey.

Linger Lobibbityboooooger.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
good for him, its about time some one spoke up on this bullshit i really could give a shit less about him dieing while every day someone that works for a living is murdered in this country and no one gives a shit

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
He makes a good point. However I do have to disagree with him on where he places a majority of the blame. Don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of problems with the media. But at the same time the one thing you can’t accuse them of is ignoring the ratings.

The only real reason the media spends so much time on entertainment news is simply because a large part of the American public wants to see it.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
And he's Right. Can't think of a single reason that anyone who's not a personal friend of Heath's would disagree.
Montel has also gone on record saying "air is good" and "water is nice."

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
But but....he's a star...aren't we supposed to care about the stars? Doesn't anyone else care that he may or may not have had a heroin problem or that he may or may not have been effing Mary Kate Olsen? Why hasn't this consumed you?? Why aren't you lying awake at night crying and asking why or why did this happen to one so young? He was a STAR maaaan. And think of the children - our youngsters are going to be traumatized forever and you don't care? Oh you cruel heartless people.

Make sure you're reading that with all the sarcasm you can muster. He was an actor, we didn't know him, he died. Move on there's nothing else to see. Montel would make better use of his time talking more about his MS and how stem cell research might bring an answer as to how to cure the incurable disease that's ravaging him, my baby sister and thousands of others. Once they find a cure, then maybe I'll care about Heath Ledger or any other stranger who dies.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
The only real reason the media spends so much time on entertainment news is simply because a large part of the American public wants to see it.
QFT!

We're all guilty of it. Think of all the Britney threads here, all the Anna Nicole related threads last year. Granted we're not coming from a point of view of "wow, the terrible tragedy of it all", we're merely doing it to bash them. However, this type of shit gets so much press because of the fact that the majority of people have thoughts and opinions, good or evil, about these types of shit stories. If the public didn't care either way, this shit wouldn't catch ratings. Hell, I'm guilty of watching a Britney story here and there, but I do it because I'm hoping to see signs that she's close to offing herself. I'm still guilty of feeding the media coverage though.

As for war coverage, I think they take that shit a bit far as it is. I want updates on how things are going. I don't want play-by-play strategy assessment. While it's interesting, it's a little self defeating too. Broadcasting a story showing how troops train and strategize for an offensive can help the enemy almost as much as it informs us good Americans. Just let me know that we're still killing savages, and that the Iraqi government is sitting around still doing nothing, and that's the extent of the reporting that I require on the war. I don't need Anderson Cooper reporting from a front-line bunker discussing upcoming attack plans. Get out of their fucking way and let them do what they have to do. Then report on it after the fact from a remote in Kuwait.