Monty Python to Reunite for New Film

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/31/10273222-monty-python-to-reunite-for-new-movie

If you're a lumberjack and you're OK, recognize a dead parrot when you see one, and know your way to the Ministry of Silly Walks, you're going to want to read this. And then email and Tweet and Facebook it to all your friends who also know every word to "The Ballad of Brave Sir Robin," and think of themselves as card-carrying members of the Knights Who Say 'Ni!"

The surviving members of Monty Python are reuniting for a new movie this spring, Variety reports.

Don't expect "Holy Grail Part II," however.

"It's not a Monty Python picture, but it certainly has that sensibility," Python Terry Jones, who helped develop the script and also will direct, told the magazine.

The Pythons will play mischievious aliens who grant an earthling the power to do anything he wants just to see what kind of mess ensues. Robin Williams provides the voice of a talking dog. (No, really.) According to Variety's report, Terry Gilliam, John Cleese and Michael Palin have signed on, and producers hope to sign Eric Idle. Graham Chapman died of cancer in 1989.

Producer Mike Medavoy of "Black Swan" calls the film a "classic farce" and compares it to the "Pink Panther" movies. But he also adds that "like all projects originated by any of the Monty Python guys, 'Absolutely Anything' delightfully defies (description)."

After all, nooooo one expects a Monty Python reunion.

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
I heard they're hiring an unknown actor for the part of the earthling. I think his name is Biggus Dickus. Some guy from Wome.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The Pythons will play mischievious aliens who grant an earthling the power to do anything he wants just to see what kind of mess ensues.
That sounds cool.

Robin Williams provides the voice of a talking dog. (No, really.)
That doesn't. I'd much rather see a Trey Parker and/or Matt Stone cameo or Terry Gilliam-esque animation. They're huge Python nerds so you know they'd do it.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I hear Eric Idle is still holding out for some reason. Just stop it. What are you doing that's more important than this?

That doesn't. I'd much rather see a Trey Parker and/or Matt Stone cameo or Terry Gilliam-esque animation. They're huge Python nerds so you know they'd do it.
Robin Williams was great in the Adventures of Baron Munchausen - another Terry Gilliam film. His over the top style really worked.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Yeah, Williams voicing the dog doesn't seem that big
a problem to me. Some of voice work has been outstanding.

I'm looking forward to this happening.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Idle seems like the dick of the group. He has his very important song-writing career to keep up with, after all.

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Idle seems like the dick of the group. He has his very important song-writing career to keep up with, after all.
Idle is a prick. He's been in a fight with the others over royalties from his stage versions of their movies, and he totally screwed Neil Innes over The Rutles.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I hear Eric Idle is still holding out for some reason. Just stop it. What are you doing that's more important than this?
I wonder if any of them resent Gilliam having arguably the most critically acclaimed career and him being an American.

Robin Williams was great in the Adventures of Baron Munchausen - another Terry Gilliam film. His over the top style really worked.
Not to mention he also directed him in Fisher King.

With or without Idle I'd very interested in seeing this.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
I have no problems with featuring Robin Williams, after all having Sean Connery in Time Bandits, and Robert DeNiro in Brazil seemed like unusual castings and look at how those two Gilliam Classics turned out. It's going to be odd to have the cast back together minus Graham Chapman.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
The Pythons will play mischievious aliens who grant an earthling the power to do anything he wants just to see what kind of mess ensues

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
and i heard that him and John Cleese hate each other.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Hopefully, Gilliam will be directing also.

Totally fine without Idle being in it, he's been really lame and hacky for a while.
Plus if the Cleese and him thing is true, I'd rather Cleese be in it.

Steve McQueen

heartless fuck
May 23, 2006
New York
I think Idle holding out is a good move. He could totally land bigger projects due to the huge wave of interest in him that resulted from his musical number in the closing ceremonies of the Olympics.