Moon buggies unveiled

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA

The next astronauts to work on the moon will likely live in larger habitats and drive sporty new rovers capable of two-week treks, NASA officials said Thursday.

Rather than assembling a lunar outpost over time from a multitude of small, separately launched modules, NASA is now hoping to land up to three large habitats on fewer flights to build a beachhead on the moon, the space agency said.

Doug Cooke, NASA's deputy associate administrator for exploration systems, said that the space agency's revised lunar plan calls for the launching of larger habitats to the moon on unmanned cargo flights.
More..

Astronauts May Cruise the Moon Without Space Suits
NASA Revamps Moonbase Strategy
International Space Updates, September 2007
NASA's Moon Base Plans: New Buggies, Bigger Buildings
NASA returns to Moon based on six reasons
Latest Lunar RV Comes With Spacesuits Attached
NASA Revises and Updates Its Lunar Architecture

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
This is the cover-up version of the space program. They, our government, are only going along with this because people are sick of the shuttle. But in reality there is a secret space program.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
This is the cover-up version of the space program. They, our government, are only going along with this because people are sick of the shuttle. But in reality there is a secret space program.
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Sorry, I had no choice.:D

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
If it's so secret how do you know about it?

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY

The next astronauts to work on the moon will likely live in larger habitats and drive sporty new rovers capable of two-week treks, NASA officials said Thursday.

Rather than assembling a lunar outpost over time from a multitude of small, separately launched modules, NASA is now hoping to land up to three large habitats on fewer flights to build a beachhead on the moon, the space agency said.

Doug Cooke, NASA's deputy associate administrator for exploration systems, said that the space agency's revised lunar plan calls for the launching of larger habitats to the moon on unmanned cargo flights.

More..

Astronauts May Cruise the Moon Without Space Suits
NASA Revamps Moonbase Strategy
International Space Updates, September 2007
NASA's Moon Base Plans: New Buggies, Bigger Buildings
NASA returns to Moon based on six reasons
Latest Lunar RV Comes With Spacesuits Attached
NASA Revises and Updates Its Lunar Architecture
So I'm guessing that the suits have some kind of attached umbilical cord that allows the astronauts can move around in proximity of the rover.

By the way, I like space news too!