I think I am able to stay consistent because I don't think that human life or life in general is worth that much. I don't consider myself immoral as much as ammoral. The only one that I would have a problem with is the 40 yr old with the 16 yr old and if the situation was my daughter. Somebody would be dead.
The ones I voted that I have zero moral objection to:
1) The death penalty - My only problem with it is that it's not used enough.
2) Divorce - Not the ideal solution, but sometimes the only option.
3) Selling marijuana - I have no problem with it. Worse things are legal.
4) 40 year old man having sex with a 16 year old (where it's legal) - Or vice-versa. Who cares?
5) Having a baby outside of marriage - Again - who cares?
6) Doctor-assisted suicide - Should be an option for those who really want it.
7) Polygamy - Plenty of it in the Bible. I don't see why it suddenly became a problem in "modern" times.
Because assistance with dying in a more humane way rather than by the ravages of a terminal disease like AIDS or cancer is a lot different than some EMO kid that feels like he doesn't have any friends and wants people to feel guilty for not paying attention to him.
I don't care all that much because if a if someone wants to punch out early then it's one less person using resources. I'm sure I'd feel fucked up about someone I love killing themselves but hopefully I won't run into that sort of thing.
I've been depressed but I didn't kill myself over something stupid because I'm selfish and I don't ever want to die.
i think suicide, doctor assisted or otherwise, is alright because its your choice. just like the death penalty is ok beause you didn't have to murder or **** people you made that choice. didn't check abortion so obviously had to check bastard kids..so on and so forth
edit: you can see how self conscious all the baggers are...no one agrees with affairs but we'll kill pretty much anything and sell drugs
The reason I'm against the death penalty is that juries get it wrong. the reason I'm against cloning human beings is that the people who will be able to afford it are generally assholes. Why don't we clone murderers and execute the one who committed the crime?