More bullshit from the ATF.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
These idiots just don't stop. From the people who brought you Waco, and Operation Fast and Furious, here's this:
ATF Tells Gun Dealers They Can't Sell to Medical Marijuana Patients
Published September 30, 2011

While some citizens may have won the right to use medical marijuana, winning one right may come at the expense of another.
In a letter to firearms dealers across the country, federal authorities are being clear that firearms should not be sold to medical marijuana users.
The Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms agency (ATF) is sending a letter to gun dealers warning them it is illegal to sell the weapons to people who admit smoking medical marijuana and have a medical marijuana card
-- something the card holders are unimpressed about.
"I'm a medical marijuana patient and I own a gun," says Arizona resident Sunny Singh, who fears his right to carry a firearm will be affected.
"A lot of these people who really need medical marijuana as a medicine shouldn't be targeted or have their rights taken away."
Even though voters made medical marijuana legal in Arizona at the end of last year, the federal government says the drug is still illegal.
Federal laws say dealers cannot sell guns to people who use illegal drugs or are addicted to drugs.
But the law doesn't specify whether or not gun dealers are required to ask customers if they have a medical marijuana card. There is confusion about the consequences if a card holder buys a gun and simply does not tell the dealer.
"Clarification would be nice, let people know what the rules are so they can understand if they're doing the right or wrong thing," Singh says.
Newscore contributed to this report.
Apparently that whole "right to bear arms" thing is lost on these fucks. Un-fucking-believable.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/3...juana-patients/?test=latestnews#ixzz1ZQJJQsAj

Sep 28, 2010
Rawrdon is actually a pretty metal name if you think about it.

I'd go around telling chicks my name is josh RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRDON

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Rawrdon is actually a pretty metal name if you think about it.

I'd go around telling chicks my name is josh RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRDON
Lol. I pictured myself on a quiet date and screaming my last name in some broad's face. I used to get "Rawdog" a lot.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
its right on the form "are you a habitual user of marijuana, alcohol or other mind altering drugs"
or sum such shit, all they have to do is register the medical cards with the nics and they will bounce your gun on the instant check.

Sep 28, 2010
Lol. I pictured myself on a quiet date and screaming my last name in some broad's face. I used to get "Rawdog" a lot.
You should do that and film it.

Unless she is a keeper. (slayer fan)

Sep 28, 2010
I don't think my wife would be amused. Too bad Opie's last name is Hughes. He would totally do it and it would go viral.
Oh you got the old ball and chain too? how is that going?

I lucked out, my wife loves #shredding in all aspects of life just like me.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Oh you got the old ball and chain too? how is that going?

I lucked out, my wife loves #shredding in all aspects of life just like me.
Haha. It's going alright. I wouldn't say she's quite on the level of #shredding, but she's a pretty good egg.

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
Is it almost time to declare open season on law enforcement? I think we're getting closer than some might think.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I pawned a gun a couple weeks ago just for some quick cash while I waited on a payment on a contract, got the payment last week and went in to pick it up Monday.

They do the phone call for the instant check (which they never told me I would need -- considering it's my property and all), and told me I had a "Delayed", and they had to either wait on a call or I could pick it up today (Friday) if they didn't call back.

Long story short, they didn't call back, and not only did they charge me the daily interest for the entire week, they wouldn't accept a debit card payment so I had to cash a check to my wife's account from my business account and go back with cash.

Irony time? This shop was the FFL who did the original xfer to me on this exact gun. I need to find one of those cool old men who upholds an FFL just to cut the bullshit when he wants to buy something a little dicey in the ATF's eyes. I'd rather throw someone like that a buck every now and then than these ass holes.

The whole system is rigged to:

A. Prevent you from buying -- for no reason
B. Allow people to prosper by being the only people allowed to submit paperwork -- for no reason.
C. Allow people to possibly steal from you -- with no recourse and for no reason.

Gun laws are so fucked they're unfixable. The slate just needs to be wiped clean. I can't imagine how bad it's going to get in Texas if these bullshit border state agendas gain any steam. I'd have more trouble being in Dallas (~500 miles from the border) than people much closer, but not in a state with a border. Again, for no reason.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Federal laws say dealers cannot sell guns to people who use illegal drugs or are addicted to drugs.
Why is this hard to grasp? Until the Feds distinguish between tweakers and tokers, they're both drug addicts. And I don't think anyone here is advocating allowing meth heads legally buy guns when high.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Why is this hard to grasp? Until the Feds distinguish between tweakers and tokers, they're both drug addicts. And I don't think anyone here is advocating allowing meth heads legally buy guns when high.
You're innocent until proven guilty, which means until some conviction preventing you from purchasing a firearm is on the books, your otherwise unknown "crimes" shouldn't be considered. Essentially on the form you're asked to give up your right against self-incrimination to exercise your right to bear arms.

Also the law says they can't sell to medical marijuana users, but doesn't explain how they verify whether or not they are or what the penalty is.

Basically, fuck the ATF.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I am. Seems to me that a right is a right. Until you do something that violates the rights of others, there is no authority to revoke those rights. You liberals love the First Amendment (as do I). Would you advocate the revocation of the right to free speech for any drug user? After all, we all know that speech can be damaging (inciting a riot, defamation, disturbing the peace). How about the right to a trial by jury? Oh, that's right, some people view that one right (#2) as being inferior and contingent on all sorts of factors.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
The BATFEces is desperately clinging on. They know their days are numbered and have never grasp the meaning of shall not be infringed.

They should be flushed down the shitter with the rest of the unconstitutional alphabet agency's.

JoeFromS.Jersey

Apr 25, 2005
South Jersey
Somehow I think the intersection of gun owners and "medical" mary-jane users is a very small one.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
I've known far too many licensed pistol owners who were raging alcoholics. Didn't seem to stop them from owning firearms.