More Danny Ross Drama

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
A quote about how much animation is...

"the average price of any animation that would be considered professional was about $1,000 per second minimum."
I don't buy that. That might refer to within the actual animation industry, but there's plenty of people who have nowhere near that kind of money that do fairly high-level animation (much higher than The Chip Chipperson Show, at least) in their off time as a hobby or passion project. A fan could make a better visual product effectively for nothing.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
I don't buy that. That might refer to within the actual animation industry, but there's plenty of people who have nowhere near that kind of money that do fairly high-level animation (much higher than The Chip Chipperson Show, at least) in their off time as a hobby or passion project. A fan could make a better visual product effectively for nothing.
I don't disagree. But if he paid someone, which he may have, it could have been a hefty sum. Even the people on places like fiverr charge $500 a minute.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I don't disagree. But if he paid someone, which he may have, it could have been a hefty sum. Even the people on places like fiverr charge $500 a minute.
Then he probably went to PointFiverr.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
If he did pay for it, he got ripped off. It's the Circle of Fraud.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
If he did pay for it, he got ripped off. It's the Circle of Fraud.
Maybe. I've never made animation. Even for lower quality stuff like Chip, I imagine it's a pretty tedious process. If it took the animator a certain amount of hours and he wanted payment, I'm not gonna say he doesn't deserve it.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Maybe. I've never made animation. Even for lower quality stuff like Chip, I imagine it's a pretty tedious process. If it took the animator a certain amount of hours and he wanted payment, I'm not gonna say he doesn't deserve it.
I'll say that they don't deserve that rate. Just as a point of quality comparison, this is an animation that one fan, Charles Steidle, did on his own for the Animation Festival. It was done just for the possibility of maybe winning some money, not a commissioned work done directly in exchange for a fair sum of money.

Is it Pixar level? No. Is it better that The Chip Chipperson Show? By several orders of magnitude, yes.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
No one is saying the animator doesn't deserve to be paid. But the Kickstarter was for future animations, not to fund something already completed.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
My formula is to not make wild speculations. You don't seem to be agreeing.
I can’t think of any other way to agree with you or concede the point.

May 30, 2013
No one is saying the animator doesn't deserve to be paid. But the Kickstarter was for future animations, not to fund something already completed.
I'll go ahead and say the guy who animated that doesn't deserve to be paid.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Right, we weren't arguing that. He said he was ripped off. I said I didn't know. Given how much animators charge, he may have received a great deal.
Ok clearly this isn’t going to just die like I hoped it would thanks to stupid Mags and his autistic repetition of things for fucking months or years on end.

So let’s let Jimmy settle this:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chip-chipperson-animation#/

The goal was $200k, 60% of which was going to fund 5 additional episodes of the series. That’s $120k, or $24k per episode.

Jimmy says he funded the first episode himself, so again, the indiegogo was just for the future episodes. Of that $60k, the only money he spent is whatever he paid cokelogic and that other guy for the recent animations they’ve done.

Do I believe he spent $24k producing that first episode? No, I don’t. Common sense says that Amy probably did the pilot for free and the animators probably cut him a break and the $24k per episode also includes some profit for himself. Can I prove that? No, I can’t. We live in a @Mags world where common sense is labeled as wild speculation. So $24k it is.

So forget Mags and the next 8-10 months of him repeating himself, can you and I agree he spent $24k on the pilot, and is now spending at least some of the $60k to pay cokelogic and others, and be done with this ridiculous conversation?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Ok clearly this isn’t going to just die like I hoped it would thanks to stupid Mags and his autistic repetition of things for fucking months or years on end.

So let’s let Jimmy settle this:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chip-chipperson-animation#/

The goal was $200k, 60% of which was going to fund 5 additional episodes of the series. That’s $120k, or $24k per episode.

Jimmy says he funded the first episode himself, so again, the indiegogo was just for the future episodes. Of that $60k, the only money he spent is whatever he paid cokelogic and that other guy for the recent animations they’ve done.

Do I believe he spent $24k producing that first episode? No, I don’t. Common sense says that Amy probably did the pilot for free and the animators probably cut him a break and the $24k per episode also includes some profit for himself. Can I prove that? No, I can’t. We live in a @Mags world where common sense is labeled as wild speculation. So $24k it is.

So forget Mags and the next 8-10 months of him repeating himself, can you and I agree he spent $24k on the pilot, and is now spending at least some of the $60k to pay cokelogic and others, and be done with this ridiculous conversation?
I thought I conceded that yesterday...

I'll leave it at this. If others provided their services for free or discounted, he may not have spent 60k (and the money is going to future animations). I don't think that was that the case but it could have been.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Rumor has it Anthony Cumia invented the bro job. Congrats, pissy faggot.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Rumor has it Anthony Cumia invented the bro job. Congrats, pissy faggot.
Jesus fuck. Nepotism was around for YEARS before Opie and Anthony. A fucking President died over it. But I guess James Garfield means fuck all to a piece of crap like you.

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Dec 18, 2012
Straya cunt
I just think Jim Norton stole a lot of money, which makes him a successful comic.