More Diaz BS

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Meltzer:
According to Dana White tonight, they had sent a film crew to Stockton for two weeks to shoot the Countdown for UFC 158, and Nick Diaz thus far has no-showed three interviews.
White said that it's going to be hard to promote the fight to the level it should be promoted if one of the participants isn't doing their part.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I wouldn't normally support this tactic, but Dana shouldn't fire him. He should keep him under contract but not let him fight, and sue the fuck out of him if he fights elsewhere.

Also, if I was him, I'd amend the contracts for fights to include severe purse penalties for skipping press or promotional events. Let him feel his douche baggery in his pocket.

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
He's paid to fight, not be another of Dana's performing media monkeys. As long as he shows up for the fight i have no issues with the rest of the bullshit.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
He's paid to fight, not be another of Dana's performing media monkeys. As long as he shows up for the fight i have no issues with the rest of the bullshit.
He's paid to do whatever his contract says he's paid to do. You think Tom Cruise gets $20 million to show up for 3 weeks of principle photography? You think he enjoys doing 8,000 press junkets? It's part of the job, and so is this. Promoting the fight so that the company that pays you can recoup its expenses is also your job.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
The reason he can get paid is because of the "hype" that he refuses to do
That is what draws people to PAY
Diaz bitches about pay but refuses to hype the fights
There is a reason UFC is miles ahead of others & that is due to your described "bullshit"

Use your head

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
He's paid to do whatever his contract says he's paid to do. You think Tom Cruise gets $20 million to show up for 3 weeks of principle photography? You think he enjoys doing 8,000 press junkets? It's part of the job, and so is this. Promoting the fight so that the company that pays you can recoup its expenses is also your job.
The above is common sense

Southtown

Aug 10, 2004
I know the MMA community seems to love these guys, but I fucking HATE the Diaz brothers. Nothing but a couple of wiggers

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I know the MMA community seems to love these guys, but I fucking HATE the Diaz brothers. Nothing but a couple of wiggers
An equal amt hates them

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
my only problem with the Diaz brothers: If you don't have actual muscles, don't flex.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Dana White, said Nick Diaz had some balls tweeting about being mad he was flying in coach to Montreal for press activities. White said that both Nick & Nate Diaz had no-showed so many tapings, costing the company $50,000, that Nick was lucky they didn't send him to Montreal by Greyhound.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...-pierre?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Dana White: Nick Diaz 'close' to losing UFC 158 fight with Georges St-Pierre

by John Morgan and Matt Erickson on Feb 24, 2013 at 3:45 am ET
ANAHEIM, Calif. – UFC President Dana White doesn't want to scrap the UFC 158 headliner of Georges St-Pierre (23-2 MMA, 17-2 UFC) vs. Nick Diaz (26-8 MMA, 7-5 UFC), but on Saturday night he said if the challenger doesn't change his ways, that may be exactly what happens.

"I hope we don't come to that," White said following Saturday's post-UFC 157 press conference. "I'm really close. I don't want to be. I don't want to do this. It sucks."

Diaz is currently scheduled to face welterweight champ St-Pierre at next month's UFC 158 event in Montreal. The reason for the potential change is eerily similar to the series of events that saw an October 2011 bout scrapped. That planned UFC 137 fight was tossed aside when Diaz failed to show for a pair of pre-event press conferences.

This time around, the former Strikeforce champ missed three separate interview sessions, leaving a video crew hoping to produce a "UFC Primetime" series without a subject to tape, White said.

"He did not (show up) – neither did his brother Nate," White said. "And we spent over $50,000 in production costs and guys cruising around Stockton, Calif., and not interviewing people.

"It's not funny. We're very cool and very lenient in a lot of ways. Look at this company. Look how we are. We let a lot of things fly. But that's just absolute bulls---."

Diaz's attorney, Jonathan Tweedale, claims his client did not, in fact, miss any scheduled appointments. However, White said he since has spoken to Tweedale, and the two are now on the same page. He also said Diaz since has complied with video requests and that his brother and fellow UFC fighter is also expected to do the same.

Should that all go according to the current plan, then the much-anticipated March 16 contest will not be in jeopardy. But for now, White seems a little tense, especially on the heels of the commendable media efforts of UFC 157 headliners Ronda Rousey and Liz Carmouche.

"We've treated Nate and Nick with respect," White said. "Anytime they come in and want to negotiate their contracts, we do the things, we're good to everybody. At least give us the respect to show up and not blow $50 grand on not showing up for interviews you're supposed to do.

"All the fans are like, 'Shut up, Dana. Let Nick fight.' You shut up, idiots. This is how it works. This is the job. This is what we do. Go to your f---ing job and tell your boss, 'I don't want to this or that.' That's not how it works. It's part of the job. I've shown the Diaz brothers a ton of respect. They can show some respect back. I hope I don't even have to think about that. It's the last thing on earth I want to do."

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
Diaz wants nothing to do with GSP. He is trying to get it out of it by making dana take it away.

The MMA version of suicide by cop.

Dana needs to make sure the fight happens so GSP can fucking trainwreck him and then Dana can cut him. 2 losses and a suspension: hit the bricks sister.

phillyfranko

Jun 1, 2010
south of philly
Diaz wants nothing to do with GSP. He is trying to get it out of it by making dana take it away.

The MMA version of suicide by cop.

Dana needs to make sure the fight happens so GSP can fucking trainwreck him and then Dana can cut him. 2 losses and a suspension: hit the bricks sister.
GSP would destroy him...my money is on GSP.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Diaz goes nuts at presser

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/03/when-ufc-158s-nick-diaz-talks-even-gsp-has-to-stop-and-listen

Diaz somehow managed to criticize GSP for being "pampered" in one breath while praising his financial success in the next. He blasted St-Pierre for having a team of managers and handlers "living his life for him" then admitted that his own life is "a mess." He complained that he was not known or respected enough, and yet was too recognizable to be left alone. He seemed to take personal offense to the notion that his opponent in next Saturday night's prize fight might want to physically hurt him, then told the champ he was "out of line" before describing himself as a "superhero" crusading for the "anti-bulls---" of MMA.
He hates doing press, but then has verbal diarrhea when he does

KaraBoo

Small but very deadly south american tree frog.
Mar 6, 2013
That is a Stockton California attitude. But if you can get passed it both brothers are very good fighters.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
That is a Stockton California attitude. But if you can get passed it both brothers are very good fighters.
Of course
They have a lot of skill & heart IN the ring

KaraBoo

Mar 6, 2013

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Yeah they just need an attitude check OUTSIDE of MMA.
In MMA as well
They have a chip on their shouldfers in/out of MMA
I like Nate a lot more

KaraBoo

Mar 6, 2013
In MMA as well
They have a chip on their shouldfers in/out of MMA
I like Nate a lot more
The younger one? I like him more to.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
The younger one? I like him more to.
Yes, I expected him to bitch after his last loss, but he manned up
Nick seems to think everyone is against him

KaraBoo

Mar 6, 2013
I have not been able to watch any tv for a year! Hope I did not miss much.

KaraBoo

Mar 6, 2013
Haha no. "Books are much cheaper than cable".