More of the same hypocracy

SmallFry

Mar 20, 2007
NE Tennessee
I just happened to have SNL on tonight and nearing the end of Tina Fey and hilarious Steve Martins monologue and bit, he had her saying "she can do it" in all kind of stupid accents, including chinese. Where the fuck will this Asian group be tomorrow or monday? Fuck them in their fuckholes, with all of the other special interest groups that have screwed up my radio.

[sorry if this is in the wrong forum]

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Aug 25, 2002
NYC
As always, it's XM. They are scared of how groups will respond and are overcautious.

SurlyTruckDrivr

You've got a friend in WDTv2.0
Apr 28, 2005
Westport, Mass
TV, movies, theater it's never it's never a problem. Radio, shhhhhhhhhh, they're listening.

boomer

A Fancy Man
Oct 9, 2004
I want to know why there was no outcry when Hanoi Jane let the C-Bomb fly on regular TV "when the kids were watching".

One might argue that it wasn't a racist comment, but I bet a few cunts were offended by her remarks.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I want to know why there was no outcry when Hanoi Jane let the C-Bomb fly on regular TV "when the kids were watching".

One might argue that it wasn't a racist comment, but I bet a few cunts were offended by her remarks.
It quickly became a non-issue simply because she wasn't calling anyone a cunt. She let the bomb fly but since she used it in the "proper" context i.e. the title of a show she had been offered a part in. Had she called Meredith a cunt that would have been an entirely different story.

boomer

A Fancy Man
Oct 9, 2004
So I could tell Al Roker to Fuck Off on TV but not call him a fat fuck?

Is that right?

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
They also did that stupid "What'd that BITCH say" bit.

Bitch... on national TV. My ears.
The poor children, I'm sure all the kids are glued to their radios at 8 or 9 in the morning. Just listening in the middle of math class. No, no kids watch SNL on Saturdays.

Hypocrisy stinks

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Wait. Did you actually say that something Tina Fey and Steve Martin did was hilarious?

First off, Steve Martin hasn't been funny since he did The Jerk. Second, Tina Fey has NEVER been funny.

BOUGHTONII

Aug 10, 2001
long island
Asian's don't complain about t v because they don't watch it. the light hurts their eyes.

Mags

Edgelord
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute

Short answer: she's an ultra-Liberal, and above corrrrrection.

McGuirk

doesn't overanalyze comedy radio
Jul 13, 2006
Just drop the bomb on the XM side, see what happens, then use all these examples and ask where the outcry was for those previous examples.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
It's not all of radio. It's not even all of CBS. It's only certain shows like O&A. When I was out in LA last month, I wound up listening to Adam Carolla. Next time O&A get dumped out for saying "douchebag", they should bring up the line "your penis is so ugly, your balls are embarrassed".

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
It's not all of radio. It's not even all of CBS. It's only certain shows like O&A. When I was out in LA last month, I wound up listening to Adam Carolla. Next time O&A get dumped out for saying "douchebag", they should bring up the line "your penis is so ugly, your balls are embarrassed".
You can get away with a lot on a show that no one listens to. People "monitor" O&A to find stuff to complain about. Carolla doesn't have a reputation as a "shock jock".

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
They also did that stupid "What'd that BITCH say" bit.

Bitch... on national TV. My ears.
The poor children, I'm sure all the kids are glued to their radios at 8 or 9 in the morning. Just listening in the middle of math class. No, no kids watch SNL on Saturdays.

Hypocrisy stinks
That is the one thing I do not understand. O&A are on in the morning when most children are in school, at least during the months of September through June. And what if a kid did hear a curse word or sexual reference or two? I'm sure their parents say words like fuck, asshole, bitch, etc. frequently.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
That is the one thing I do not understand. O&A are on in the morning when most children are in school, at least during the months of September through June. And what if a kid did hear a curse word or sexual reference or two? I'm sure their parents say words like fuck, asshole, bitch, etc. frequently.
I've never sworn in front of my kid, but then again I don't listen to O&A around her either. She likes 20 on 20 better anyway.

W

wouldja?

Adam Carolla says "douchebag" and "masturbate" and a "fags" 10 times a show. It's not radio in general or CBS or any of that. The boys just have a bullseye on them. Just sayin'.

The Keeed

Nov 20, 2006
While I think the whole "hate speech/racism" on radio is retarded, to be fair SNL gets away with a lot of shit for a network TV show because they're on at 11:30. Since O&A are on in the morning, they effectively have the same rules as every other mainstream show at that time. It's like if there was some O&A equivalent TV show that was on at 8 PM, they would have the same regulations as some family show at the same time. In other words, I think the whole system is stupid, but I wouldn't call it hypocracy.