OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

More white people being racist.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Archive' started by Warren, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Warren

Warren Fucking Fan

just saw on Headline news that ALLLL is up in arms about a white woman saying "lynch him in the alley" about tiger woods.
    http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hPcvOgcPR4FDFSMjUdftObISx0RA

the statment from Tigers website. said
    but ALLL is still calling for the lady to get fired.

hey e-mail Alll

show@SharptonTalk.net

2. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Tiger likes the white womenses.

3. krisko

krisko Mrs. Fuckin Funny

who doesnt'?
    [​IMG]

4. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

God damn you Krisko, now I have to clean spit off my laptop screen. :clap:

5. blotto98

blotto98 YEAH! Wait. What?

Official story......

HONOLULU — Golf Channel suspended anchor Kelly Tilghman for two weeks on Wednesday for saying last week that young players who wanted to challenge Tiger Woods should "lynch him in a back alley."

Tilghman was laughing during the exchange Friday with analyst Nick Faldo at the Mercedes-Benz Championship, and Woods' agent at IMG said he didn't think there was any ill intent.

But the comments became prevalent on news shows Wednesday, and the Rev. Al Sharpton joined the fray by demanding she be fired immediately. Golf Channel didn't know who would replace Tilghman in the booth this week at the Sony Open or next week at the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic.

"There is simply no place on our network for offensive language like this," Golf Channel said in a statement.

Tilghman became golf's first female anchor last year when the PGA Tour signed a 15-year deal in which Golf Channel broadcasts the first three events of the year, weekday coverage of all tour events, and full coverage of the Fall Series and opposite-field events.

The suspension ends in time for the Buick Invitational on Jan. 24, when Woods will make his 2008 debut.

Faldo and Tilghman were discussing young players who could challenge the world's No. 1 player toward the end of Friday's broadcast at Kapalua when Faldo suggested that "to take Tiger on, maybe they should just gang up for a while."

"Lynch him in a back alley," Tilghman replied.

"While we believe that Kelly's choice of words was inadvertent and that she did not intend them in an offensive manner, the words were hurtful and grossly inappropriate," Golf Channel said in its statement. "Consequently, we have decided to suspend Kelly for two weeks, effective immediately."

Woods and Tilghman have known each other 12 years. She was picked to host a club demonstration with Woods in south Florida when he talked about new products from Nike Golf.

Tilghman was helped when Mark Steinberg, Woods' agent at IMG, said it was a non-issue and considered the matter "case closed."

"Tiger and Kelly are friends, and Tiger has a great deal of respect for Kelly," Steinberg said Tuesday night in a statement released by Golf Channel. "Regardless of the choice of words used, we know unequivocally that there was no ill-intent in her comments."

Tilghman had said in a previous statement she apologized directly to Woods, and the immediate support from Woods' camp was critical.

After Woods won the 1997 Masters at age 21 to become its youngest champion, Fuzzy Zoeller referred to him as "that little boy," and suggested that Woods not serve fried chicken or collard greens, "or whatever the hell they serve," at the Champions Dinner.

Woods, who had a different management team in his first full season, did not respond for three days to Zoeller's apology, and it took Zoeller years to recover from the fallout.

Tilghman's comment made the rounds Wednesday on TV shows such as CNN's Headline News, and it was prominently discussed on blogs and message boards on the Internet. It also was a topic on the practice range at the Sony Open.

"I'm sure Kelly wishes she never said that," Jim Furyk said. "I haven't spoken with Tiger, but I've been told that they've had their talk and they've discussed it. Anything I say is kind of just like pouring salt in the wound at this point. Obviously, she would love to not have said that and for it not to be news. I'm glad that her and Tiger spoke."

Fred Funk only heard about the comment Wednesday morning.

"There was no ill intent at all," he said. "I think it was just a slip, and they said that Tiger has already forgiven her. I think when you're in the TV tower for that many hours, you're going to wish you didn't say some things probably, and that was one thing that slipped out. I think you've got to give them a little grace.

"Her integrity, how Kelly is respected out here, is pretty good. I think Tiger really likes Kelly, so that helped squash it. Because Tiger could have run off with that if he took it the wrong way. But he didn't, so that was good."

6. PatFromMoonachie

PatFromMoonachie On Earth 2...I'm a "Winner"

Me too!

....except, that ain't "spit"! ;)

7. Kurto2021

Kurto2021 Certified Pest

I do have to agree on this one....that was kind of over the line. I think she actually should be in trouble not because of the fact that she made a racial comment but she is telling younger golfers to hang Tiger Woods if they want to win.

I don't consider this a race issue though, it is more about the environment that she is in.

8. Glenn Dandy

Glenn Dandy THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.

get over it. there words....

9. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan Uncontrollable Urge

But Words are like Bullets
    [​IMG]

10. Glenn Dandy

Glenn Dandy THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.

I just watched Chris Rock say the same fucking thing Jimmy the Greek got fired for in his new special as the audience jeered the fact they were breed.

11. Kris_LTRMa

Kris_LTRMa LoseTheRadio.net's Ma

Dear Mr. Sharpton:

Please read the highlighted portions and proceed accordingly. By accordingly I mean shut your trap and focus on real issues in the black community, such as motivating your people to not be a plague on society.

Sincerely,

white people

12. Hoffman

Hoffman Guess who's back? Hoffman's back

Nicely done but Sharpton doesn't give two shits about how the people he represents feel about an issue. This just gives him a chance to put his fat ass into the public eye.

13. Stig

Stig Wackbag's New Favorite Heel

Stupid *******.

14. Dirty330

Dirty330 PRICS #1116

I agree with the OP, More white people should be racist.

15. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

I can't believe how DUMB this chick from the Golf Channel is. You don't lynch Golfers in a back alley, you lynch 'em on a tree.

16. Sam_Adams

Sam_Adams Banned

Sharpton is fucking wrong. Lynching isn't a racial term. It's an informal hanging execution. And as a white Southerner I don't think he knows what in the fuck he is talking about. Those nappy-headed fucks in his bunch want to own the term "Lynch."

People were hung all through the South and West for all kinds of shit when individuals took matters into their own hands. Cattle rustlers, murderers, rapists, molesters and even guys that fucked someone's wife were hanged from trees.

It's just that a fair number of nignogs were also put to trees as well. It doesn't mean it's a racial thing for that reason though.

17. blotto98

blotto98 YEAH! Wait. What?

Remember Jason Whitlock??/

And how he stuck up for Imus and all us white folk thought he was rational and reasonable..............forget that.

10 Truths: Dumb words and proper responses
    by Jason Whitlock

Today's Truths will be a potpourri, touching on my favorite topic, the NFL, and my favorite passion, HBO's "The Wire." But before we get to any of that, I have to share my thoughts on the "lynch Tiger Woods in a back alley" controversy engulfing the Golf Channel's Kelly Tilghman.

10. Despite Tiger's insistence — speaking through his agent — that Tilghman's inappropriate comments were a non-issue, the Golf Channel did the right thing suspending her for two weeks.

Al Sharpton compared Tilghman's on-air remarks to Don Imus's "nappy-headed ho" controversy. Sharpton, as is normally the case, is wrong.

What Tilghman did, despite her 12-year friendship with Woods, was much worse than what Imus did. Imus, a radio shock jock known for crude attempts at humor, cracked a bad joke on a morning radio show. Tilghman is an anchor on the Golf Channel. No one expects her to be racy, controversial or stupid.

Also, Tilghman can't argue that she picked up the notion of "lynching Tiger in a back alley" from black popular culture. She came up with that nonsense all on her own.

Do I think Tilghman is some bigot extremist? No. I think she's incredibly stupid and perhaps unqualified for her job. She's in good mixed company in that category.

Should she be fired? No. She made a mistake, apologized to Woods privately and publicly and should be granted the opportunity to rebound. We all make mistakes. A decade ago, I screwed up in a New England press box, cracked a joke about Drew Bledsoe that made me appear homophobic. I apologized, sat out a two-week suspension and moved on.

It is possible for people to learn from their mistakes. There is nothing positive to be gained from throwing a gigantic pity party for Tilghman or trying to bury her.

What should we make of Tiger Woods' decision to avoid dealing with this controversy publicly and personally? We, the media, make it too costly for public figures to express their honest feelings. We can't handle the truth. Tiger is best served saying as little as possible.

18. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

If I were Tiger, and I had more money than God, I would boycott anything the Golf Channel put it's name on.

Seriously. He doesn't need them, he had Nike in his back pocket before there was a Golf Channel. I'd put them in their fucking place and tell them what Tiger say goes you little sissies, not that Don King wanna be hack. He doesn't speak for blacks.

What good is the Basketball Channel if Michael Jordan tells the public it's run by non athletic panty wastes who aren't worth a damn, and are an embarrassment to the sport he loves?

Watch Young Guns... They were in jail wondering when the Lynch mob was gonna come for 'em. ALl white and one Injun, no "help".

19. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

Considering the fact that Tiger said its a non issue and she apologized, I'm with Voss' Tumor, and he should boycott anything associated with the Golf Channel. I agree with Jason Whitlock on many issues, but he is wrong about this about her being suspended. Also have to put some blame on ESPN for once again trying to make a non-issue into story. I don't think CNN wouldn't have picked up on it, if they didn't try to make this non issue into a story.

As for the history of lynching, both white and black were lynched. The reason why I think its a sore subject with blacks, is that its been recorded more into history through photographs. A couple I have seen on this very website.

20. mendozathejew

mendozathejew Registered User

its a stupid fucking comment. I dont associate this with Imus' remarks in any way. there was no humor or satire in this broads comments. just something stupid that would normally earn a kick to the teeth. and yea white and blacks were lynched, but the blacks were in a slightly different position in society at that time than whites were.

21. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

The ability to make people laugh doesn't make free speech more or less a right.

Are you saying if she'd been funnier it would have been ok?

22. mendozathejew

Im just saying shes an asshole for saying it and I cant be mad at people who took offense to it. my only other point was that the comment was a callback to a horrid time in history for blacks and doesnt equate to Imus's comment, they shouldnt even be mentioned together.

23. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

I believe somewhere in the story it said that it was a call back to something that had happened in the conversation already. I truly think that she made the comment having no intention or even thinking about whether or not Tiger's black, hence, making it not racially motivated.

You can't call her stupid and smart enough to come up with her own genius defense all in the same sentence. She's either stupid for intentionally being a racist in public, or smart for doing it to make a point and get her shit together to circle her wagons and only get suspended. Either way you're delving into conspiracy theory bullshit.

I think she didn't even consider the possibility that it might offend someone, and that is, by definition, speech that is supposed to be defended at it's most basic form.

24. SatansCheerledr

SatansCheerledr Ideologically Unsound

Black people don't scare me. But speaking around them does.

25. mendozathejew

what conspiracy theory. I didnt even mention motives. I dont care about her motive, and I dont care much about her job. sharptons involvement is about the only thing that makes me hope she keeps her job, otherwise I dont care. its negligence more than anything else. we all know full well you cant say certain things at your workplace without risking your job. hanging blacks from trees isnt exactly in the gray zone