Morning spot VS Afternoon Drive

What time slot would you prefer the O&A show to be live?

• Afternoon Drive

Votes: 161 53.1%
  • Mornings are more gooder

Votes: 56 18.5%
  • I really don't give a fuck, just give me the show

Votes: 86 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
I was just curious to see how everyone felt about this topic.. I don't care either way. Loved the show in the afternoon, and I love it in the morning. The callers back in afternoon drive used to seem more lively, this is probably due to the callers being awake. I know, that no radio host would ever want to give up a morning spot, so it will never happen. But, just wanted to see what everyone on here thinks..

tstlkevanilla

Ministress of Masturbation
Aug 8, 2004
Lawrence, Mass
ugh.. we all know what everyone on here thinks.. do a search and you'll find plenty of threads dedicated to it.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
I kinda figured as much, that it has been discussed. But, after them replaying the teen voyeur bus, and other classic NEW clips.. I figured, i would see what everyone thought.. Like i said, I'll take the show anyway I can get it at this point, i'm just happy they are on the air :)

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
SU
I could give a fuck about what time they are on.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
SU, but I like the drunkeness of afternoon drive.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
i fucking hate how morning drive is the prime time of radio.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
i fucking hate how morning drive is the prime time of radio.
I agree. I was talking with another fan of the show, and we thought about how much sleep everyone would get, and everyone would be on normal hours. You have to admit, morning radio has the worst hours..

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Until ONA are live on in the afternoon now, some of you are using an outdated idea of what FM radio was like.

FM radio has become more PC and ONA can no longer fly under the radar.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
SU, but I like the drunkeness of afternoon drive.
Not gonna rehash the old days. Yes I remember NEW I was listening from thier 2nd week in NY.

But I have let it go.

Now I look foward to what they do now, and accept they have certain restrictions, such is life.

I would like to choke the shit out of people every once and a while too but I had to stop that back a few years ago too because
things change.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
Until ONA are live on in the afternoon now, some of you are using an outdated idea of what FM radio was like.

I agree with this point, and I also believe that an afternoon show would be "more gooder" because the boys would have rested all day and would be insanely energetic, don't get me wrong I loved and have enjoyed every single morning drive show O&A have done, but I just think it would be cool to have an afternoon show.

^ This above post is all IMO.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
Not gonna rehash the old days. Yes I remember NEW I was listening from thier 2nd week in NY.

But I have let it go.

Now I look foward to what they do now, and accept they have certain restrictions, such is life.

I would like to choke the shit out of people every once and a while too but I had to stop that back a few years ago too because
things change.
I have to agree w/ that. I mean they're lives have changed as well. They love the way they're career is going, and love they're personal lives as well. Ant is NOT spending all day at the studio to avoid going home lol. Norton's career is going really well. I agree that the show has grown up, and sometimes I even think its more clever nowaday's, because of all these new restrictions. But, at the same time, its amazing to hear how insane they were back in the day. I just can't believe that everything is going backwards... Just glad that I have O&A to listen to, because all the other talk radio out there, SUCKS!

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey

But I have let it go.

things change.
I dont think it would have any effect on the restrictions.
I just liked listening to the show live late in the day like that. And I liked the mood that time of the day had on the boys. And the comics. Thats why you dont see stand-ups doing daytime shows. Late night is more conducive to comedy.
I dont expect it to change. Mornings is the bigtime and thats where they want to be. But it was nice. nicey nice.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
I think from afternoon moved to morning we lost a certain drunken energy, gained a more vicious and honest sense of humor. I like the post layoff version better

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I think from afternoon moved to morning we lost a certain drunken energy, gained a more vicious and honest sense of humor. I like the post layoff version better
They've as much as admitted that they did the afternoon shows drunk, so even if they were to be on in the afternoon, unless they're going to start drinking heavily again, that drunken energy isn't going to be there anyway.

Long as they're on, I don't care if it's morning or afternoon. I listen to the KROCK portion on my way to work and then to the replay in the afternoon because the powers that be at the courthouse where I work will only give internet access to certain grades & I'm not one of them so I can't listen until I'm on my way home

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Don't forget the Stern factor. Other than money, the only reason to do mornings is to kick that old woman's ass. So far they have:

-come back on air after fucking up huge
-spearheaded a satellite radio company
-taken his spot at CBS
-taken his SEAT, while doing his timeslot
-did the letterman/leno thing
-consolidated their status as the only talk radio on krock
-got their names all over the news (and survived it)
-been largely successful through all of it
-as an added bonus, brought us the Travelling Virus

There's not much else for them to prove. They can go back to afternoon drive now.

Vinny631

Meet the Creep
Apr 25, 2007
Commack N.Y.
I miss walking home from school in 9th grade and just getting home in time to grab a coke and tune into 102.7. Now, their show comes on right as Im about to go to sleep. I try to listen to the show, im just not into the whole "ok, lets see whats in the news today". Like they have to break the news stories, just because they are on so early. The show can never compare to the NEW days, and the new morning time slot makes it even worse.

G

Gin Rummy

Afternoon drive will always be better.

pure_waves

© Steven Carr Industries, 2014. Grrrrrrrr
Dec 9, 2004
Upper West Side, NY
They've as much as admitted that they did the afternoon shows drunk, so even if they were to be on in the afternoon, unless they're going to start drinking heavily again, that drunken energy isn't going to be there anyway.
yeah thats a great point. as much as i think the vibe would be somewhat looser in the afternoons, and the callers more awake, i dont think it would be the same show as it was in the WNEW days. too much has happened and the boys and all of us are older too. its just a different reality.

ol' Cabey leg

As in Ol' (Darryl) Cabey leg
Mar 4, 2005
Bethpage
Much better energy in the afternoon. Drunk Anthony Rules.

Sober Ant is pretty swell too though.

You know I can go with that to an extent, but it's becoming the catch all excuse for everything now.

For many people they wonder why O&A could get away with more stuff in the afternoon than now when they can't do much of anything. Some of it is reactionary. Yes. More do to overreacting about Janet Jackson's tit.

But the two words to remember about this are not always "politically correct."

Try Safe Harbor.

Yep, you can get away with more stuff in the afternoons than the morning. And you can get away with murder on overnights.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Feb 17, 2006
Secaucus, NJ
while we are on this debate, does anyone here think that the ratings would be higher? lower? or around the same? I believe higher. Again, I love the morning show, and I wouldn't want them to change anything that they do. For some reason it seems that afternoon drive (with talent) behind the wheel seems to rank higher. Recently, Kidd Chris in philly had a strong ratings book, and someone "suggested" to switch him to mornings. I think if they did make the move, switched him to mornings, his ratings would drop. Mornings are just rough, especially on regular radio. (Just in my opinion)... btw I don't get the kidd chris show, but then again, I don't get most talk radio show's. Except for O&A, ron and fez, and The Hideout.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Not really. The atmosphere was different. Not necessarily better, but just different. Honestly, it would be great if they did an afternoon show once in a while, either scheduled, or just out of the blue.