Most feared Hitter ever

umo

Barry Bonds is by far the most feared hitter in the history of Baseball. Not even the most astute Baseball guru or Bonds hater can form a persuasive argument to dispute that fact. Bonds has been intentionally walked more than any player ever. He has more than 350 career intentional walks than the guy in 2nd place. Considering that even the best hitters fail about 70% of the time, intentionally awarding a batter first base 650 times is the ultimate expression of fear & loathing by opposing managers.Combine the all time HR record/ single season HR record/ 8 Gold Gloves/ 7 MVP Awards / 13-Time All- Star nominations in one human being and you have the greatest baseball player alive, dead or yet to be born. I was lucky enough to witness the career of the Barry Bonds.

Most of it done with good ol' fashioned steroids, what a guy. In fact lets have a parade for him, we can use his 400 lb head as a float.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Most of it done with good ol' fashioned steroids, what a guy. In fact lets have a parade for him, we can use his 400 lb head as a float.
Lol...

I'm going to have that image stuck in my head now.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Ty Cobb

Bonds may not have even been the best player to go through the Pirates organization. He probably would have been if he didn't get so obsessed with home runs. Barry Bonds was good at everything at one time but not everything at once. He had decent power early in his career. Add that with his speed and high average. His ability to steal bases and play the field and I think he would be considered the best at that time. But it would have been debatable. It's been a long time since he's had the speed and the dfensive skills.

The thing is, when you look at his career numbers it seems impossible to say anything other then him being the best. But if you look at his career, it becomes alot more questionable. He wouldn't have near the number of home runs he has if he had remained in the kind of shape that made him dangerous on the base paths and so good in the field. And over the last several years he has been worthless as anything more then home run hitter. He gets walked so much because he's no longer feared as a base runner. And these last couple seasons have become a complete joke IMO. He has no desire to win a championship or even win games. He rests up for short bursts of playing and when he's at the plate all he does is swing for the fences. They might as well count his batting practices home runs and just give him the title. It would have as much validity as what he's doing now in my eyes.

Ty Cobb,most feared hitter? Don't know about that.Most feared player ? Prolly,he'd kick your ass.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff
Ty Cobb,most feared hitter? Don't know about that.Most feared player ? Prolly,he'd kick your ass.
It was more of a suggestion then a claim that he was the most feared hitter ever. However, from everything I've ever read, no pitcher ever enjoyed pitching to him. And what would you fear more? Giving up a home run or having a bat thrown at your throat?

Ty Cobb=baseballs version of Dick Butkus. There,thread completely sidetracked.

weakside

Babe Ruth.

That fat fuck hit more home runs than entire teams combined. That is a feared hitter.

Adolf. Wait, nevermind, you said hitter.
haha

anyway, i definitely think Bonds is the most feared hitter. Fear to me means, I don't want to pitch to the guy, hence a shit load of intentional walks, and when they do pitch to the guy, he fucking knocks it out of the park.

let's just look at some of the numbers:
he once had a year when he had a .600 on base percentage, a .800 slugging percentage, dude had a 1.400 OPS, oh and he played 147 game that year too. i mean c'mon, the fear is clearly there. is he the best hitter ever? NO, Ted Williams or Stan Musial is. But Bonds is the most feared hitter ever. Also very consistent, he is going to break the home run record but he only hit more than 50 homeruns ONE YEAR, Hank Aaron never hit 50 home runs in a year, but that is pretty damn impressive too.

I hate Bonds, but shit, he is one of the best.

Bob

Go Drunk.
Tony Gwynn?

And if your playing the Mets.. Pat Burrell.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
My mom.

Oh, you mean in baseball...

frago

I am Jacks raging bile duct
Bob Horner.

Just dig that name.

counterpunch

must not sleep / must warn others
The only reason Barry gets intentionally walked so much is because there is no one that hits behind him that is an actual threat to go deep. Who's hitting behind him? Benji Molina? I'll pitch to him over Bonds any day.

Hoagie

Wackbag Staff

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Me!

I batted .383 in JV baseball. :rolleyes:

weakside

The only reason Barry gets intentionally walked so much is because there is no one that hits behind him that is an actual threat to go deep. Who's hitting behind him? Benji Molina? I'll pitch to him over Bonds any day.
Good fucking point.

Yeah, Bonds is a good hitter that would get the intentional every now and then for just that reason alone. But your right, because there is no one that you are that worried about in the line up you of course are going to walk Bonds all the time.

This guy is such as ass anyway. I have never rooted against a player as much as I do this guy.