Most unlikely place you heard an O&A reference

mascan42

So I'm in the supermarket yesterday, and the guy on the PA (who seems to be real joker judging from some of the other stuff I've heard) pipes in with the announcement that the Yankees have signed Ted Williams' head as the new manager. (Linger longerrrr)

Now this is a major chain supermarket (Pathmark) and I never would have expected a line like that to make it over the PA without somebody getting suspended or fired. But it had to be an O&A reference . . . I can't remember anybody else, even back when it was in the news, making Ted Williams head jokes.

So, where have you heard someone make a show reference that completely took you by surprise?

ragecage

Actually, around that time, everybody was making Ted Williams' head jokes. I don't think that was exclusive to O&A.

maz

TRueWDTer
haven't heard any yet
it's usually just me
fucking with people
i find it amusing though

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
Someone I don't know was talking about Howard Stern and said "Hoo Hoo".

My g/f promoting OnA to her family at a family gathering. She does not listen to the show, mind you.

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
this....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0eatUjcEgtE

I guess it's not too surprising (tv producer O and A fans and CBS), but it is all the more cooler that it doesn't have to say O and A - a wink to the die hards.

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
haven't heard any yet
it's usually just me
fucking with people
i find it amusing though
Same, i try and drop as many O&A lines during the day. Not many people get them listen to the Opie and Anthony Show.

Earth2murf

HATES EVERYONE!!!
the priest at church wished that all Jews would drown in a Bucket of AIDS

Philly loser

Wackbag Elder Statesman
Earth stole mine. I was going to mention church.

The priest talked about Jesus rising from the dead. Sure he didn't specifically talk about wizzzarrrrddrrryyy, but he was definitely ripping them off, hoo hoo.

Tryaluckystrike

Family Guy having Stewie using the Opie "A-HUH-HUH-HUH-HUH" exaggerated laugh while reading a "BC" comic strip.

NortonsGravyLeg

Heres a really random one. It doesn't reference OnA by name but the bit ref is obvious. In a book called Gone For Good by Harlen Cobin the character is driving over the George Washington Bridge listening to two "Howard Stern rip offs" convince a young man to tell his mom he's been put in jail.

ddberry

On NPR's "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me", they were joking about how O&A felt like they were being held to NPR's standards.

user name

Al Sharpton is a Sparkling Nagle
I didn't expect it, but I should have.
Our local radio station has a couple hacks who often quote OnA and rarely give credit for the source of the quote.

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
...every time I listened to the Jersey Guys on NJ101.5 :)

lol

That being said, one time when I worked @ Best Buy, I was joking with a friend about how one of the customer service girls was easy, and got pregnant at 16, and how she sounded like a retard when she called us up for our returns... so I said, in a voice imitating hers "Paging Dr. Maarten to Customer Service, Doc Maarten please bring a shop vac to customer service" and this dude standing about 3 feet away from me chuckled and said to me "O&A fucking rule."

trucker_ben

jc_from_li

I'll see ya when I bust ya...
while i was executing a search warrant of someones house!!

OK TERRIFFIC!

jc

Palaver

But Enough Of This
The host of Big Brother saying Pat Battle.

topher520

learnings for queers
An old guy that passed me by in the mall said "Crinkle Crinkle" and I didnt get it at first, but then he smiled and pointed at my Jim Norton Tshirt. This guy must have been in his 60's.

maz

TRueWDTer
An old guy that passed me by in the mall said "Crinkle Crinkle" and I didnt get it at first, but then he smiled and pointed at my Jim Norton Tshirt. This guy must have been in his 60's.
that's fuckin' funny

Jerseygirl

I've been infected with The Virus!!!
I bought the Jimmy book at Barnes and Noble. Everyone cringed when I spoke of the book until i go to the register to check out and he was a fan!

I enjoyed discussing the show and PNC virus tour with him!

ProfessorAnt

understanding joshua
i just saw this on a link I clicked today.

http://www.scribemedia.org/2007/10/17/100-grand-commercial-update/

The ONA sketches are way off. I was not expecting to see them on this site, but the hq is manhattan so maybe there are a few pests there.

"ScribeMedia.Org travels the country to capture and deliver speeches, lectures, roundtables and interviews of thoughtleaders across a broad range of subject areas that includes current events, technology, media, business, healthcare and the arts.

The goal is a neutral forum for intelligent dialog and debate, uncluttered by soundbytes, instant punditry and shoutfests that have become our national dialog.

Top Bottom