Mother’s Day With Courtney Love on Lithium

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Mother’s Day With Nobody’s Daughter: Courtney Love on Lithium
Tonight
As Kurt Cobain’s wife, mother of his child and the driving force behind the band Hole, Courtney Love is the Mother of '90s Alternative Rock. She’s celebrating Mother’s Day at SIRIUS|XM, taking over Lithium to play her favorite grunge and alt-rock songs from the '90s ...'80s ... 2000s ... we figure she’s going to do whatever she wants. (1 hr)

Rebroadcast: Tomorrow 12:00 pm ET; Tomorrow 6:00 pm ET; Sun 5/9 9:00 am ET; Sun 5/9 3:00 pm ET
Lithium

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN7Sjw-_piI[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czdsT4nxaNI[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxDGljW6ffU[/media]

One of Travis' favorite musicians so I guess he might be listening.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Listening to Courtney's 'show' and it features the same lame repetition any other weekend.

CrewCab

Phillies Fan
Get the shotgun with the toe-trigger attachment ready, folks.

T

teflonsteve

Lithium is fucking terrible even though it consists of my favorite bands. They hammer the SAME songs every day. Who thought it was a good idea to replace Lucy with Lithium?

Lithium is fucking terrible even though it consists of my favorite bands. They hammer the SAME songs every day. Who thought it was a good idea to replace Lucy with Lithium?
This is the single criticism I had back before the merger. Sirius uses a much shallower pool of songs to pick from so you end up repeating a lot.

Their music blows.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
This is the single criticism I had back before the merger. Sirius uses a much shallower pool of songs to pick from so you end up repeating a lot.

Their music blows.
That's it? No douchey DJ complaints? They need to shut the fuck up and play some music.

Also, the comedy station cuts bits off mid-bit (a lot of times mid-word even)

Back on topic.....I like Courtney Love. She's a fun trainwreck, and not to be "that guy", but I liked Hole a lot better than Nirvana.

I don't mind deejays, I rather enjoy someone telling us what we just heard and a little info about the song or artist, just as long as they stick to that and don't go into inane banter.

That's it? No douchey DJ complaints? They need to shut the fuck up and play some music.

Also, the comedy station cuts bits off mid-bit (a lot of times mid-word even)

Back on topic.....I like Courtney Love. She's a fun trainwreck, and not to be "that guy", but I liked Hole a lot better than Nirvana.
Yea, forgot about the douchey DJ's too. They fucking yap for 2-4 minutes during some of their shifts, it's fucking infuriating. I remember hearing Martha Quinn talk for like 5 minutes about useless 80's dogshit once.

It was god awful.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
I'd argue that one of the Deal sisters or Kim Gordon would more be the "mother of 90's alternative" seeing as the bigger Hole album didn't come out until 94

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
That's part of the reason why I left a few weeks after Sirius annihilated XM's music lineup in November 2008. Lithium is absolute garbage. No seriously...I'd hear a fuckin Garbage song every hour. I could only take so much of:

Garbage - Stupid Girl
Cranberries - Linger
(DJ BANTER)
Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight
Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains
(DJ BANTER)
U2 - One
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Cranberries - Zombie
(DJ BANTER)
Garbage - I Think I'm Paranoid

Rinse...repeat...whatever...

Fuckin atrocious. Not to mention the fact that I would usually record songs that I liked onto my Inno...but, after awhile, OH FUCK, the DJ talking over the start or end of the song just got too unbearable for me. I didn't fuckin record a 'Stones song just so I can hear fuckin Carol Miller talk about the Steve Miller Band's show last night in Chattanooga.

Fuck, I hate what Sirius did to XM. :mad4:

folmz

Taking a shit on skype
she never wrote a song. she should have died in studio. that would have been good radio.