Mother gives her daughter the AIDS.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Didja happen to hear about this awhile back?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Maggiore

So... there's this dizzy broad named Christine Maggiore who goes and gets herself the HIVvy. She tests positive during a routine medical exam. So what does she do? Well... she decides to do some research on the interwebs where she stumbles across the websites of "AIDS Deniers"... a pack of dickplugs that are basically the 9/11 Truthers of AIDS. They believe that HIV doesn't causes AIDS, and they also spout a bunch of other anti-AMA, anti-government, anti-pharmaceutical industry conspiracy theories.

Anyway, dizzy bitch buys into their bullshit so far that she decides to start her own AIDS denialism foundation- Alive & Well AIDS Alternatives, and she writes articles like- My Bout of So-Called AIDS, and even writes a book or two.

She doesn't bother to get herself tested for AIDS, because HIV doesn't cause AIDS, right? So she goes on with her merry life... gets married, has unprotected sex with her husband, has two kids... doesn't have them tested for HIV, breast feeds them, etc... why wouldn't she? HIV doesn't cause AIDS, so why not?

So... one day her 3-year-old daughter gets sick and she takes her to the doctor. She doesn't bother telling the doctors about her HIV history... why would she? HIV couldn't possibly cause AIDS after all.

And a few days later the kid drops dead.

Surprise, surprise...

An autopsy was performed. The Los Angeles County coroner found that Eliza Jane was markedly underweight and underheight, consistent with a chronic illness, and that she had had pronounced atrophy of her thymus and other lymphatic organs. Examination of her lungs showed infection with Pneumocystis jiroveci, a common opportunistic pathogen in people with AIDS and the leading cause of pediatric AIDS deaths.[14] The post-mortem examination of Eliza Jane's brain showed changes consistent with HIV encephalitis; protein components of HIV itself were identified in Eliza Jane's brain tissue via immunohistochemistry.[13]

Based on the clinical information, the immunohistochemical documentation of HIV in Eliza Jane's brain, the evidence of pronounced immunosuppression, and the isolation of the opportunistic pathogen Pneumocystis jiroveci from Eliza Jane's lungs, the coroner concluded that Eliza Jane had died of Pneumocystis pneumonia in the setting of advanced AIDS.[13] This conclusion was described by the coroner as "unequivocal".[2]
Nope, not possible... says Christine Maggiore. Can't be AIDS... HIV doesn't cause AIDS... musta been that Amoxicillin (an improved form of Penicillin, and one of the most widely used and most extensively tested antibiotics on the planet).

The most sickening part of the story... no charges were ever brought against this dope. Nothing... not even a single day picking up trash on the side of the road.

You need a license to catch a fish, but any asshole can be a parent.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Meantime, she's going to file a wrongful death suit against the hospital and the doctor who prescribed the antibiotic. She's also going to sue the pharmaceutical company.

Sadly, she'll win

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Umm.... ok, wouldnt the doctors run blood tests and find out that she has the HIV while she is pregnant? "whaa" I hope this bitch slips and dies in a bucket of AIDS... oh wait..

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
She probably had no prenatal care.

This is the first paragraph on her website
There is no proof that HIV causes AIDS. In fact, all the epidemiological and microbiological evidence taken together conclusively demonstrates that HIV cannot cause AIDS or any other illness. The concept that AIDS is caused by a virus is not a fact, but a belief that was introduced at a 1984 press conference by Dr. Robert Gallo, a researcher employed by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). (14)

BusyChild04

I gotta return some video tapes.
What an idiot. Perhaps registering for a Microbiology class at a local college or university would do her good.

Creasy Bear

Donator
Umm.... ok, wouldnt the doctors run blood tests and find out that she has the HIV while she is pregnant? "whaa" I hope this bitch slips and dies in a bucket of AIDS... oh wait..
Not without the parent's permission. Knowing her HIV positive status, and her AIDS denialist history, the doctors who treated Eliza Jane during for her illness could've contacted the authorities and tried to force her to have the kid tested... but you know damn well what that would have led to...

Christine Maggiore would have loved it... she would have shown up with all of her whacko AIDS-denialist friends outside of the hospital and started picketing the "Government Nazi's who were forcing their crooked system down our throats, maaaaaaan!"

Actually... the doctor, Dr. Fleiss(Heidi's Dad) who failed to insist on testing Maggiore's two children during her pregnancies was slammed for it...

In September 2006, the Medical Board of California filed charges of gross negligence against one of these physicians, Dr. Paul Fleiss, a convicted felon[26] who was Eliza Jane's pediatrician, alleging a failure to test Eliza Jane for HIV (or to document her parents' refusal of testing), a failure to counsel Maggiore to avoid breast-feeding at any time during the three years Maggiore breast-fed her daughter, given the risk of transmitting HIV, and similar violations of standard medical practice in Fleiss' care of a second HIV-positive child.[25]

Creasy Bear

Donator
Meantime, she's going to file a wrongful death suit against the hospital and the doctor who prescribed the antibiotic. She's also going to sue the pharmaceutical company.

Sadly, she'll win
Fortunately... probably not gonna happen.

If she were to sue the doctor or hospital for misdiagnosing her daughter's condition, she would necessarily have to admit what the true diagnosis really was... AIDS. And that ain't happenin'...

"I have been brought to my emotional knees, but not in regard to the science of this topic," said Maggiore, author of a book about AIDS that has sold 50,000 copies. "I am a devastated, broken, grieving mother, but I am not second-guessing or questioning my understanding of the issue."
Or she would have to prove that it was actually amoxicillin that caused her daughter's death, and the whole ludicrous amoxicillin notion was put into her head by Mohammad Al-Bayati, a veterinary pathologist, and a fellow AIDS-denier. An animal doctor she hired to review the case... how well do you think his testimony would stand up in court compared to the LA County Coroner's Office testimony for the defense?

Yah... good luck with that lawsuit.

well...one of the doctors could have thought they were exposed to fluids and demanded a test for their own concerns...in that situation you can usually compell a test.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
I heard about this idiot years ago before she had kids.

She is a total and complete idiot. She has literally no fundamental understanding of biological sciences outside of "proving" her argument. Scientists have deduced the source of AIDS to be HIV because of studying the effect of specific exposure the virus had on cells. It's like astronomy. No one's ever been to Mars to actually see what the place looks like but we have the raw data on enough remote observation that applying basic physics, meteorology, and a whole slew of natural science we can make some pretty damn good theories about certain happenings on the planet. Because HIV is nanoscopic we can't relistically see it invading a cell, destroying it, and then moving on. But to say we're "guessing" is slanderous it's so off.

If she sues anyone she'll more than likely lose. Remember kids, malpractice occurs not when something bad happens but when a doctor fails to act in accordance with set practices and peer reviewed guidelines. And the history and denial of AIDS will cause her to lose. You'd have to be an awful malpractice atorney to lose that specific suit.

Now she could argue that the doctor failed to diagnose and treat the child's AIDS infection but considering her "activism" she's just as likely to be brought up on child abuse charges for hindering treatment.

Creasy Bear

Donator
The happy family... three years before Dr. Darwin made a house call:

Stupid hippies.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
What a dumb bitch. She should slip and fall in a puddle of....

Oh wait...

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Thats what happens when you immunize!(right chief?)

Creasy Bear

Donator
Dr. Darwin makes another visit...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hLV5-uH0jNm_LWiyeDcj7yEHS4iAD95DAKP00

AIDS skeptic Christine Maggiore dies in LA at 52

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Christine Maggiore, an activist who vehemently denied that HIV causes AIDS, declined to take anti-AIDS drugs and sued Los Angeles County for stating that her 3-year-old daughter succumbed to AIDS-related pneumonia, has died. She was 52.

Maggiore died at her Van Nuys home on Saturday. She had been treated for pneumonia in the past six months, but her official cause of death was pending, county coroner Assistant Chief Ed Winter said Tuesday.
"Pneumonia" wink wink

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Now maybe she can be reunited with her daughter, who will kick mom's ass for eternity.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
What a dumb bitch. She should slip and fall in a puddle of....

Oh wait...
Long over do... :clap:

Oh wait, never mind, i said the same fucking thing... no wonder i thought it was funny...

Unfortunately there's another kid, so the bloodline continues.

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
What a dumb bitch. All she had to do was fuck a virgin and it cures the AIDS right up.