Motorcyclist Dies On Ride Protesting Helmet Law In New York

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Darwin strikes again, in a most ironic fashion.

ONONDAGA, N.Y. -- Police say a motorcyclist participating in a protest ride against helmet laws in upstate New York died after he flipped over the bike's handlebars and hit his head on the pavement.

The accident happened Saturday afternoon in the town of Onondaga, in central New York near Syracuse.

State troopers tell The Post-Standard of Syracuse that 55-year-old Philip A. Contos of Parish, N.Y., was driving a 1983 Harley Davidson with a group of bikers who were protesting helmet laws by not wearing helmets.

Troopers say Contos hit his brakes and the motorcycle fishtailed. The bike spun out of control, and Contos toppled over the handlebars. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Troopers say Contos would have likely survived if he had been wearing a helmet.
Link

afternoonquil

Apology Ostrich
Apr 2, 2011
Honestly, my cousin's neighbor's best friends co-worker knows this guy....what a bunch of uncouth, rabid bastards you all are.

Have some respect for the dead, faggitts

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Honestly, my cousin's neighbor's best friends co-worker knows this guy....what a bunch of uncouth, rabid bastards you all are.

I already did that bit in another thread.
You really are the worst message board character ever.

As for the idiot, I always laff at that shit. Lawmakers go nuts over seatbelt
laws but let you ride a motorcycle with out a helmet. Last time I looked, I
never saw an accident caused by not wearing a seatbelt, yet they'll risk someone
dumping a bike in traffic because he got hit in the head by debris kicked up off
the highway. Shows you the power of lobbying.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Well, I'm sure the wind was flowing freely through his hair right before he hit the pavement. Then it flowed freely through his cranium.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
Damn why cant this happen to my neighbor. Dumb shit. I hate stuff that might actually save my life

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
I've never actually driven or ridden on a motorcycle, but I can't imagine not wearing a helmet if I ever decided to. Although, I've never once worn a helmet riding any of my bicycles. And I was quite a rowdy rider.

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
sounds fishy to me, he's been riding a long time and was with a pack of others so he probably wasn't speeding. my guess is, the local police did something to cause the accident.

i think i've ridden my motorcycle twice without a helmet, the first time i had a bug splatter in my face, the second time i caught a stone between the eyes and cracked my glasses. I've been Happy Harry Helmet guy ever since.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
sounds fishy to me, he's been riding a long time and was with a pack of others so he probably wasn't speeding. my guess is, the local police did something to cause the accident.
Slow down, you are moving into Kirk territory.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
good catch, something seemed wrong bout this article but couldn't pinpoint.

mkrochmaln

Donator
Jun 14, 2006
sylvania,ohio

Or was he " your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate"

George Costanza

All Hail the Dragonslayer.
Aug 10, 2007
Lake Orion Michigan
What a dummy, helmets are a no brainer. Any time you are riding on concrete or blacktop with no give on a motorized bike you should wear a helmet. My buddies dad bought it about 10 years ago after wiping out on his way home from the bar. At any speed above 15mph you can really injure yourself. I can't imagine the road rash at speed. Given how retarded most drivers are these days only dummies ride a bike or motorcycle in traffic.

I have always thought wearing a helmet when leisurely riding a mountain bike is pretty gay. Unless you are biking at a high level. I actually prefer dirt trails or hard packed to concrete or blacktop when biking. If you've ever wiped out on a hard surface it is way worse. Even minor road rash burns like hell.