Motorstorm RC

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
Is totally the best PSN racer right now. It's basically RC Pro AM meets Need for Speed. Cross play between the PS3 and the Vita (it's free on the Vita right now, so if you have a Vita you have no excuse). Barely Legal, Blue Heeler and I all have it. I'm the only PS3er right now, but our times and "ghost replays" transfer back and forth between the two versions. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes racing games.

Also, so we can all try to top each other, post your PSN name in here too.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
This. Game. Fucking. Rules!

Love that you can directly compete against your friends posted times. Controls take a little bit to get used to, but easy to master.

If someone else picks this up, please send me a PSN invite and I'll add you.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Damn, I'm proud of my "On Thin Ice" time (race #1 on Arctic Edge). Of course, I can't even get close to matching that one perfect lap anymore, lol.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
All I can think of is a Hulked-up cybernetic version of Motorhead's avatar.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The Pitwall noticeboard at the front of the game is kinda neat. At first I thought it was just showed notifications of a Friend's best time on one of their tracks. But if you highlight that friend's name, then hit triangle, it brings up the friend's user profile with a number of track times that you can select to choose to race. Very handy if the only reason you want to load the game is to beat one of Blue Healer's or New Day Mark's (or etc, etc ) best track times.

There's so many events to unlock in this game, and they just released a PRO-AM DLC pack for $2.99 with 4 new courses and 16 new events on tuesday.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
The best car in the game by far is the Gnome on a go kart. I can't remember how I unlocked it, but do yourselves a favor and do all the unlocks in the playground. 10 and 20 goals, 10 and 20 hoops, and 1 and 2 hours straight play. The unlock cars are fantastic, albeit slightly moronic in a couple of cases.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The best car in the game by far is the Gnome on a go kart. I can't remember how I unlocked it, but do yourselves a favor and do all the unlocks in the playground. 10 and 20 goals, 10 and 20 hoops, and 1 and 2 hours straight play. The unlock cars are fantastic, albeit slightly moronic in a couple of cases.
Ah, I was wondering what the point was when it came to scoring soccer goals and driving through basketball hoops. Although, I think I found a loophole in the soccer field where you park your car at the perfect angle where the balls respawn and the soccer balls will continually roll into the nets over and over...

The game keeps track of your goals with the number on the wall at center field:

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
And the Gnome car, the Nord Gnitro, is the car you get for scoring 20 goals. Looks sweet!

Note: no bonus for scoring 524 goals, lol

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
On a side note, fuck the buggy and rally car races. I can't do shit on them. I did, however finally unlock the Supercar races even though I did buck under and buy the unlock everything DLCs.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
My race times should never be a goal, just something to laugh at.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
My race times should never be a goal, just something to laugh at.
Since it looks like beating Pitwall challenges 10 and 20 times unlocks a couple more super cars, I'll just use your times over and over (and BillLehecka!) to complete it, ;)

And redo your old races whenever you unlock a new car. They're usually faster, or can take corners better, or something. There's usually a good reason to ditch the stock default cars, asap ,imo.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I found out that the DLC for this game works for both versions. So if you are a PS+ member with a Vita, make sure you get your add-on DLC through the PS3 store and purchase the cheaper PS3 DLC that way (car packs, RC Pro-Am). The Elite Car pack #1 DLC is free on the PS3 store and everything else is 50%, so be sure to get that before it goes away.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Anyone remember Revolt? It actually looked a lot better on my old Pentium 2 machine than this video. The driving physics were actually pretty good for an older game.

[video=youtube;uUQM6Eir7PI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUQM6Eir7PI[/video]

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Finally unlocked the Supercar events. Holy shit that car and those events are fucking nuts.

Homoqueersicle

May 9, 2010
This. Game. Fucking. Rules!

Love that you can directly compete against your friends posted times. Controls take a little bit to get used to, but easy to master.

If someone else picks this up, please send me a PSN invite and I'll add you.
The Pitwall noticeboard at the front of the game is kinda neat. At first I thought it was just showed notifications of a Friend's best time on one of their tracks. But if you highlight that friend's name, then hit triangle, it brings up the friend's user profile with a number of track times that you can select to choose to race. Very handy if the only reason you want to load the game is to beat one of Blue Healer's or New Day Mark's (or etc, etc ) best track times.

There's so many events to unlock in this game, and they just released a PRO-AM DLC pack for $2.99 with 4 new courses and 16 new events on tuesday.
A lot of that head to head stuff, ghost laps, etc with friends are in the last few need for speed games. I think they call it race log or something.

I'll check this out next time I sign on.

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
Jul 7, 2005
Morris Plains, NJ
ok, i may have to download this to my vita. loved the original motorstorm on the PS3

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
I had the first Motorstorm when I got my PS3 a couple years ago but eventually traded it back for store credit. The game was impossible....basically if you crashed once and fell behind it was almost impossible to catch back up to the computer cars and place in the top 3 to unlock the next track

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
Jul 7, 2005
Morris Plains, NJ
I had the first Motorstorm when I got my PS3 a couple years ago but eventually traded it back for store credit. The game was impossible....basically if you crashed once and fell behind it was almost impossible to catch back up to the computer cars and place in the top 3 to unlock the next track
did you ever play it online? that's the only way to play it. assuming you didn't i can semi-understand why you traded it in.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
did you ever play it online? that's the only way to play it. assuming you didn't i can semi-understand why you traded it in.
No I didn't. I don't remember but I think I might have had trouble getting online with that one if I even tried in the first place.

For the last three weeks I've been playing Twisted Metal online. Very fun and addictive.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
RC Carnival DLC courses coming on Tuesday for $3.99 (6 tracks, 24 events, 8 vehicles, & 4 trophies). The tracks look pretty sweet:

[YT]jOW4_bVYJ9U[/YT]