Move over Rover and let GD take over.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Well I did it... Now i just need someone to teach me how to play it:)

Ibenez SA Series guitar.275.00 used
Strap 5.00
picks 2.00
Case 40.00
Brand new marshall amp and three moster cables 40.00 ... Some dude cam in trying to sell the amp at Sam Ash... I made a deal outfront with him for 40 bucks, sweet.

Legend of Snuka

Mar 29, 2005
NY
Ibanez are very good guitars.....I would also pick up a tuner....As far as learning, pick up a Mel Bay book and also learn bar chords. If you know bar chords you'll be able to play a ton of songs.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
looking for a teacher now.... first guy i asked wanted 25.00 for half n hour... Is that the going rate?

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
It's about 90, but I really like the Boss tuner pedal. Just stock up on 9v batteries or get a power pack.

Honestly, you could probably pick up a book and learn on your own.
Can't say for the going rate of teachers. When I was still taking lessons I think it was around $15 for a half hour, so that may be reasonable. Check around in the paper or at music stores.
Also, check around youtube for guitar lessons, I'm sure there are some up there.
Might want to talk to CM Mark too, he just started playing a few months ago.

Good luck and remember that it takes a lot of practicing to get decent, but once you can actually play stuff you like, it is a lot of fun.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
The tuner pedal, me and my odd sentence structure.
It's what I use and it can take a beating

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
the guy at Sam Ash, said i couldnt make that practice amp any crunchier... i was saddened... should i get a pedal?

MonkeyTits

Jun 20, 2005
http://www.americanmusical.com/item...0KOR TM40&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=feed&

Shop around a bit - I bet you can find one for $25. Keep your strings solid. I don't know how hard you want to play, but good strings are worth the trouble - get one of those tools for rotating the bolts for tightening the strings. When I was playing a couple of times a week, I'd change them out at least once a month - I hope others that play more than that can help out with more advice.

You might try craigslist and look for someone trying to learn too. I learned from a friend who played a lot on the side (outside of his band) and basically I just started with some rhythm lines and chords, while he played his leads. He found that he learned a lot just having someone else to play with - and maybe you can find someone to learn with (for free) - you know, just having someone else there can force us all to play more.

Gosh, I haven't played for years, I should pick it back up.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
well, me n my best friend decided to do this together kind of a 40 year old mid life crisis of doing something we always wanted to do...so.. thats kinna cool.

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY
Best bet is learn some basic scales and chords first....It's gonna be reall frustrating at first but if u have some to play along the same skill level it wont be so bad....

When u get going learn what guitalr tab is and check this

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
I've basically been teaching myself. around here, the music stores going rate is $125 for four half hour lessons a month. I have the basic chords down, A, C, D, E, G, Am, Em, Dm, D7. I can't yet do barre chords, but I am getting there. I can do a few solos, but I am taking my time. I have an acoustic guitar, but am searching around for an electric. My cousin has told me to get the Dean Vendetta 1. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Vendetta-1-Electric-Guitar?sku=512914 I'll probably be picking that up soon.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
I think im too unskilled to teach myself... Im going to start out getting the basics from a teacher and see how i progress.

I was just fucking around with it and guess what? I realy am a no skill boob... this is going to take some work.

Hey Mark... I see "THE CUNTS" as the greatest rock band in the world 2010.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
I think im too unskilled to teach myself... Im going to start out getting the basics from a teacher and see how i progress.

I was just fucking around with it and guess what? I realy am a no skill boob... this is going to take some work.

Hey Mark... I see "THE CUNTS" as the greatest rock band in the world 2010.
How about "The Cuntastic Presidents"? Mix of Metal and grunge.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Best bet is learn some basic scales and chords first....It's gonna be reall frustrating at first but if u have some to play along the same skill level it wont be so bad....

When u get going learn what guitalr tab is and check this

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/
This is the best site i have found. The tabs are all pretty good. Im going to start taking lessons myself. $60 a month for 4 half hour sessions is what the rate is around here. Learn your power chords and you can entertain yourself for days.