Movie and Television try to insert themselves into Sandy Hook sadness.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
UGH!!!!!!! BUT BRAVO QUENTIN!!!!

Hollywood responds to deadly school shooting

Hollywood has responded to the rampage at a Connecticut elementary school by pulling back on its offerings, and one star says the entertainment industry should take some responsibility for such violence.
Jamie Foxx, one of the industry's biggest stars, said Saturday as he promoted Quentin Tarantino's upcoming ultra-violent spaghetti Western-style film about slavery, "Django Unchained," that actors can't ignore the fact that movie violence can influence people.

"We cannot turn our back and say that violence in films or anything that we do doesn't have a sort of influence."
- Jamie Foxx

"We cannot turn our back and say that violence in films or anything that we do doesn't have a sort of influence," Foxx said in an interview on Saturday. "It does."
In true Tarantino form, buckets of blood explode from characters as they are shot or shredded to pieces by rabid dogs in "Django Unchained."
Despite Friday's mass shooting, the press junket for the movie, which opens in theaters Christmas Day, continued in New York as scheduled on Saturday.
Tarantino, whose credits include "Pulp Fiction" and the "Kill Bill" volumes, said he was tired of defending his films each time the U.S. is shocked by gun violence. He said "tragedies happen" and blame should fall on those guilty of the crimes.
Foxx's co-star Kerry Washington said she believes the film's explicit brutality serves an important purpose in educating audiences about the atrocities of slavery.
"I do think that it's important when we have the opportunity to talk about violence and not just kind of have it as entertainment, but connect it to the wrongs, the injustices, the social ills," she said.
In the Newtown, Connecticut, massacre on Friday, a gunman killed his mother and then went to an elementary school, where he killed six adults and 20 children before committing suicide.
In response, premieres for Tom Cruise's new action movie, "Jack Reacher," in Pittsburgh and the family comedy "Parental Guidance" in Los Angeles were postponed.
Also, Fox pulled new episodes of "Family Guy" and "American Dad" that were to air Sunday to avoid potentially sensitive content. The originally scheduled episode of "Family Guy" had Peter telling his own version of the nativity story. The "American Dad" episode told the story of a demon that punished naughty children at Christmas. Both series plan to substitute reruns.
Fox also confirmed that a scheduled repeat of "The Cleveland Show" for Sunday was swapped for another rerun of that series out of the same concern.

Read more:http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/12/16/hollywood-responds-to-deadly-school-shooting/#ixzz2FFvfog2g

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
Jamie Foxx sure loves to run his yap. At least it's distracted him from yammering about being black for a short while.

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
Oops. Tried to post something but it wouldn't embed. Ah well.

f kane

Known Traffic Menace
Feb 10, 2010
You just know the second it happened Michael Moore was on the phone to a studio exec for Bowling for Columbine 2 or something.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
You just know the second it happened Michael Moore was on the phone to a studio exec for Bowling for Columbine 2 or something.
Bumper Bowling for Columbine

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey
time for the 'stars' to lecture us dummies on life. and ofcourse bloomberg has to get his name out there bashing the nra. we get it mike
again, always pushing the agenda no matter what happens

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
time for the 'stars' to lecture us dummies on life. and ofcourse bloomberg has to get his name out there bashing the nra. we get it mike
again, always pushing the agenda no matter what happens
I'm honestly surprised that Bloomy has not tried to blame this on sodas larger than 16 ounces.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Most of the victims were white. Jamie Foxx should be happy for that. He was just trying to kill all the white people.

Dec 12, 2007
After finding American Dad cancelled for tonight, I find myself the truest victim of this tragedy.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I think it's funny that everyone always thinks that "now" (their current point in time) is the most violent time in history. Trends of violence have steadily declined for decades, even as every kid in America owns a copy of Call of Duty and GTA. Violent crime has been cut IN HALF since the early '90s, when violent video games were invented.
One would have a better argument by insisting that violent video games and movies have caused crime to decrease. One would probably be wrong to make that causal connection, but it makes much more sense, at least anecdotally, than denying the facts and insisting that violent content increases crime.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/24/us/24crime.html?_r=0