MoviePass is now $9.99/Month: See 3 standard movies a month

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
I was able to see via the app before registering. I know pretty much every Regal accepts it. ANC does too, until they won't since they don't seem happy about this new development.
I got the app after registering and it's being annoying with the permissions. Stupid screen overlay detected.

But yes. With the half hour window things will get all flibbity very quickly for something like Thor, let alone when Last Jedi comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of theaters get overbooked or funds not loaded in time.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
I got the app after registering and it's being annoying with the permissions. Stupid screen overlay detected.

But yes. With the half hour window things will get all flibbity very quickly for something like Thor, let alone when Last Jedi comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of theaters get overbooked or funds not loaded in time.
Half hour to purchase and print the ticket. Not to purchase and see the movie. So you could conceivably go in in the morning, buy the ticket, and then come back in the evening. If it's a movie you know will be sold out, that might make sense.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
It doesn't have to work long term. That's not the goal.

It has to see a huge uptick in subscribers and a recordable uptick in ticket sales that go through their program.

Mission accomplished on part one. Now go look at the release schedule for the next 4 months compared to last year. It's fucking stacked. Some highlights:

Thor v Doc Strange
Justice League v Arrival
Last Jedi v Rogue One

The 4th quarter is going to grow vs last year regardless of this. But now they get to take credit for it. And they will get that credit based on all the stories about how the industry is in crisis.

Now they do two things:

1 - go to studios and say "you wanna know who sees your movie and when? Pay us."

2 - go to the theaters and say "want us to keep this rate and keep asses in the seats? Give us a discounted rate."

And they'll get both. Easily. They'll lose their shirts for 4-6 months but will be turning a profit before next summer.
Not to mention the inevitable price increase to $15 because they were "overly optimistic." Nope, wasn't planned from the start.

And you'll jump in because it's so cheap. When they raise the price, if you like it, would you really dump it for $5 more?

How about the next $5?

The next?

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Not to mention the inevitable price increase to $15 because they were "overly optimistic." Nope, wasn't planned from the start.

And you'll jump in because it's so cheap. When they raise the price, if you like it, would you really dump it for $5 more?

How about the next $5?

The next?
$20 is acceptable. Anything more than that I'd be canceling/re-uping depending on what came out

Floyd1977

I like the idea, but useless for me. I almost always go IMAX and/or 3D if it's an option.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Finally got my card in the mail. Now what should I see?

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff

Literally, Right Before Aaron
Woodshock
The Tiger Hunter
Blade Runner 2049
Una
All I See Is You
Geostorm
Justice League
Let It Snow
Darkest Hour
He's Out There
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
The Six Billion Dollar Man

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Got my card yesterday after signing up the night of 8/23.
Checked in for a 9:20 showing of a movie tonight (you have to be within 100 yards of the theater) and after a few seconds, it came up with a red screen with a giant check mark telling me I had 30 min to buy the tickets. Having to swipe the card twice was the only problem.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Got my card yesterday after signing up the night of 8/23.
Checked in for a 9:20 showing of a movie tonight (you have to be within 100 yards of the theater) and after a few seconds, it came up with a red screen with a giant check mark telling me I had 30 min to buy the tickets. Having to swipe the card twice was the only problem.
Yeah, it's a bit convoluted. But once it kicked on, it worked.

And I was able to use my Regal Card for the full point value, so yeah, those points will be rolling in now, and I'm sure that will be stopped sooner or later.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Yeah, it's a bit convoluted. But once it kicked on, it worked.

And I was able to use my Regal Card for the full point value, so yeah, those points will be rolling in now, and I'm sure that will be stopped sooner or later.
Ooh, didn't think to try that out.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Got my card two weeks ago, and I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Any day now...

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Motherfucking app crashes every goddamn time I try and check in. Can't use the fucking thing. Of course.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
How long did it take? I just ordered mine last night. Hoping it shows up sometime next week so I can see some movies while I’m on vacation. I’m way backed up right now.

Also, why don’t they let you go see Star Wars with it?

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
How long did it take? I just ordered mine last night. Hoping it shows up sometime next week so I can see some movies while I’m on vacation. I’m way backed up right now.

Also, why don’t they let you go see Star Wars with it?
It took like two weeks, but that was because of the insanity of it all when they reduced the price. It should take 5-7 Days for delivery.

And I could have seen Star Wars, but you can’t advance purchase tickets. You can only buy tixs day of. So if I wanted to see Star Wars, I would’ve had to go to the theater on Thursday morning, pick which showing I wanted to go to on my phone, activate my Movie Pass card, then purchase and print out my tickets right then. I didn’t want to chance going to the theater that evening and purchasing then because the showing had a good chance of selling out.

That shouldn’t be a problem now though.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
It took like two weeks, but that was because of the insanity of it all when they reduced the price. It should take 5-7 Days for delivery.

And I could have seen Star Wars, but you can’t advance purchase tickets. You can only buy tixs day of. So if I wanted to see Star Wars, I would’ve had to go to the theater on Thursday morning, pick which showing I wanted to go to on my phone, activate my Movie Pass card, then purchase and print out my tickets right then. I didn’t want to chance going to the theater that evening and purchasing then because the showing had a good chance of selling out.

That shouldn’t be a problem now though.
Are you sure? I was fiddling with the app last night and all the Star Wars showtimes were grey. When I clicked on them it said “not a supported screening.” Still doing it for all of today’s shows too:

Jumanji is the same way. WTF?

Oh I get it now. Those must be the 3D showings.