MoviePass is now $9.99/Month: See 3 standard movies a month

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Are you sure? I was fiddling with the app last night and all the Star Wars showtimes were grey. When I clicked on them it said “not a supported screening.” Still doing it for all of today’s shows too:

Jumanji is the same way. WTF?

Oh I get it now. Those must be the 3D showings.
Bingo: 3D showings.

I think the best part about this plan is that you can use your movie rewards card when you purchase. I currently have 33,313 Regal points and can use them for free popcorn and soda or get a free movie ticket for your non MoviePass friend. The points really start to add up.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Bingo: 3D showings.

I think the best part about this plan is that you can use your movie rewards card when you purchase. I currently have 33,313 Regal points and can use them for free popcorn and soda or get a free movie ticket for your non MoviePass friend. The points really start to add up.
How does that work? Just give them the regal card like normal?

I’m still trying to figure out why the theater companies hate this.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
How does that work? Just give them the regal card like normal?

I’m still trying to figure out why the theater companies hate this.
Yep. Check in on a film at the theater (you have to be within 100 yards of a theater to check in), it loads the debit card, go to the kiosk or the cashier, scan your Regal card, pay like normal with the MoviePass debit card.

They hate it because it can give a company like MoviePass leverage for cheaper seats down the road, eating into their bottom line. Right now everything’s great! They’re getting the full value on a ticket sale. But once MoviePass has a built-in audience, MoviePass now has negotiating power for a lower rate since their customers are filling the auditoriums. Movie theaters don’t like what it could mean down the line, as most bean counters tend to do.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Welcome to the fold, guys.

Personally, I just use the kiosks because I've heard horror stories about employees trying to refuse MoviePass because they don't understand how it works, and I don't need to become the next viral video for yelling at a minimum wage ticket booth CSR.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Welcome to the fold, guys.

Personally, I just use the kiosks because I've heard horror stories about employees trying to refuse MoviePass because they don't understand how it works, and I don't need to become the next viral video for yelling at a minimum wage ticket booth CSR.
Yeah. Kiosks don’t have feelings. Much easier.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I saw my first MoviePass movie last night! Kind of bummed I didn't get a chance to see Three Billboards before it left theaters. Here's my current queue:

Wonder
The Shape of Water
Jumanji
All the Money in the World
Darkest Hour
Lady Bird
Coco

I'd also like to see Star Wars again, but that's looking unlikely considering I've got 7 movies in the queue and a bunch of other movies come out this weekend:

OOOHHHH Three Billboards is back after it's Golden Globes wins. That's a definite for this weekend.
The Post
The Commuter

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Got the girlfriend a prepaid 6 month membership for Christmas, and she got the card 2 days ago. No more of this paying for her tickets every weekend shit.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
I saw my first MoviePass movie last night! Kind of bummed I didn't get a chance to see Three Billboards before it left theaters. Here's my current queue:

Wonder
The Shape of Water
Jumanji
All the Money in the World
Darkest Hour
Lady Bird
Coco

I'd also like to see Star Wars again, but that's looking unlikely considering I've got 7 movies in the queue and a bunch of other movies come out this weekend:

OOOHHHH Three Billboards is back after it's Golden Globes wins. That's a definite for this weekend.
The Post
The Commuter
So what was your first MoviePass movie, Piggy? What other movies have you seen through MoviePass?

$7.95/mo for a while, if you pay a year up front.

https://www.moviepass.com
I've read stories that MoviePass wants to raise its rates.

Got the girlfriend a prepaid 6 month membership for Christmas, and she got the card 2 days ago. No more of this paying for her tickets every weekend shit.
It is a nice gift.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
What happens when AMC wins their lawsuit?

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
I also saw that they are limiting people to 4 movies per month. Not sure if that’s for all subscribers or just new ones.
AFAIK, just new ones....

But you can only now see a movie once via MoviePass. So you can't see Infinity War multiple times.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
AFAIK, just new ones....

But you can only now see a movie once via MoviePass. So you can't see Infinity War multiple times.
Sure you can. Just pick a different movie. They load the card up with $13.99(I think) when you select a title. They have no way of knowing what you're actually paying for. I used it Friday to see a morning 3d showing of IW.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Sure you can. Just pick a different movie. They load the card up with $13.99(I think) when you select a title. They have no way of knowing what you're actually paying for. I used it Friday to see a morning 3d showing of IW.
I thought they required you to upload a picture of your movie ticket as proof of what you saw?

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Not with the new rule that you have to take a pic of the movie ticket you just bought.

When I was a wee lad...late 80's early 90's when the cineplex/megaplex attached to the mall thing was first starting they opened a TEN screen cinema in Hanover, MA. My cousin and I would get lunch then hit a 1, 3 and 5 and then get picked up around 8pm...We'd do 2x and 3x features....We'd plan it out based on movie length and then one person gets food for both for one movie and then the other for the next...Great way to spend a 90 degree summer day as a 12 year old..

I'm pretty sure we did Predator, BH Cop 2 and Ernest goes to camp...
another was Batman, K-9 and Indiana jones and the last crusade...

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Not with the new rule that you have to take a pic of the movie ticket you just bought.
And it's not like you can hop theaters anymore with them starting with assigned seats.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Didn't know about the new rule. I guess I'll just put off updating the app as long as possible then

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Personally, they may have stemmed the tide a bit if they just made it $20.