Movies edited for TV.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I'm watching A Bronx Tale right now on cable. It's on the Sleuth channel. So far, here are the words that were dubbed over:

fucking (3x)
shit

However, the N-word was allowed at least 3x so far, and the word "balls" has been used also.

It amazes me how they do this shit.

Rattlehead

Hey Asshole Face!
Jan 19, 2008
Yeah i think i've heard dick and asshole on tnt before. or tbs

there are far more problems in this world than naughty language.

what a bunch of limp wristed faggots we are becoming.

Rattlehead

Hey Asshole Face!
Jan 19, 2008
I'm watching A Bronx Tale right now on cable. It's on the Sleuth channel. So far, here are the words that were dubbed over:

fucking (3x)
shit

However, the N-word was allowed at least 3x so far, and the word "balls" has been used also.

Ha did they show the part yet where the black kid sticks his E.T. looking middle finger at the kids?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Thanks for reminding me, they cut that part out. Showed him on the bus, but cut away before the finger part.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I saw Goodfellas on Sleuth, I think, the other night. Everything was bleeped, but suddenly, two BONNNNGGGGGG stole his truck. I was surprised.

boardsofcanada

You're a Charcoal Briquette..ditsoon..a moolinyan
Jun 8, 2006
unwatchable

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
I'm constantly amazed that they'll edit out curses in another language. Fucking Air Force One was on TNT a couple of weeks ago, and Gary Oldman is suddenly just yelling "NO!" when he's told the President got away.

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA

fucking (3x)
shit

One of my favorite movies, I saw it when it first came out on HBO. I don't even bother watching movies on TV anymore. Between the editing of language and cutting scenes involving sex, it's unwatchable.

I've noticed quite a few of the actors who were in A Bronx Tale also appeared on The Sopranos.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I always love BBC America they say shit, and all but when they get to fuck..you see the mouth move and say it but background noise blocks it out..at least the few times I have seen it on Dr Who and Torchwood

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Best edit ever was in the movie "Predator". In the TV edited version when Arnold takes off the Predator's mask, Arnold says "You one ugly mutha.." and it cuts right to the Predator screaming. They did it well enough that it worked better than the original version.

Dec 3, 2005
I was always annoyed how USA would show something like Martin with "ass" in it a few times then dub it in Billy Madison. Guess they just get edited versions.

Debbie1125

Mar 4, 2007
Philly, PA
I think one of the funniest edits was in Do the Right Thing. They replaced every incident of the word mother effer with mickey fickey.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Althogh I'm not a fan of censorship at all, I can understand when it is supposed to be done a little bit, but with some movies, I feel they should just be left alone. I remember a while back when the boys were joking about that exact same thing. It was very funny, and not very far at all from reality. I'm always to this day amazed when I see that Goodfellas is gonna be aired on network tv.

U

Uncle Jesse

by n-word, do you mean nigger? It amazes me that any movie would be censored.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
by n-word, do you mean ******? It amazes me that any movie would be censored.
When the movies are being aired on Fox in the middle of a Sunday afternoon, yeah than I can see the need for edits. However my solution for that problem, is that I don't watch the movie. Now matter how much I loved Goodfellas, I refuse to watch it on broadcast or basic cable channels.

U

Uncle Jesse

When the movies are being aired on Fox in the middle of a Sunday afternoon, yeah than I can see the need for edits. However my solution for that problem, is that I don't watch the movie. Now matter how much I loved Goodfellas, I refuse to watch it on broadcast or basic cable channels.
Me neither, I can't watch edited movies on TV especially ones like Goodfellas. It's there channel, they can do what they want but I don't think they should HAVE TO censor content whether it be pressure from the FCC or advertisers.

Sep 9, 2005
Queens
Is it me or do they allow the FUCK in the end of Spaceballs when they show it on TV?

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
Was watching Fargo last night on for just this very reason and Beucemi called his partner a Flipping Pancake Eater, it was great.