Mozilla Being A Cunt

Beeman99

I just bought a new HD today, installed Vista on it, and I'm working on putting all my shit back on it

I'm having a problem with Thunderbird and Firefox. I install both on the computer, but when I go to put the backup I made of both their app data folders in the new app data folders, nothing comes up. What am I forgetting. I have the shit backed up on disc, as well I have the old hd that the info is stored on in a external enclosure hooked up to the computer. Neither copy from either the disc or old hd is working. I'd be pissed if I can't get it working, all my emails are in there. I know they are there, but why can't I get them into the new program

6DollarDrunk

Put baby in container with snake
I'm not sure about firefox but with thunderbird you need a pref.js. I have made a few backup copies of it in case thunderbird gets messed up. Its A Lot easier to rename to pref.js than to rewrite or recreate it.

It should be located here in XP

"C:\Documents and Settings\BEEMAN\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\BEEMAN.default"

In vista its in a slightly different spot. I think its here.

C:\users\BEEMAN\AppData\Roaming

This link might help a little.
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#appdata

Change "BEEMAN" to what ever your computer account name is and then whatever random characters thunderbird used for a profile account.

Aero 1

things would be easier if you articulated yourself better and constructed a sentence in English stupid.

are you saying that you cant see the backup folder on the cd in vista? make sure you enable show hidden files. or are you saying that once you copy it over, the programs are not recognizing it?

if its not recognizing it, make sure you look at the folder properties and give it full control (read and write).

p.s. i hope your computer fails.

Why vista? Does TF2 even work on that?

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Vista rocks. And why use thunderbird when you can use windows live mail? It's better.

Beeman99

I feel silly, I was overtired last night, it's all good now

Aero 1

I feel silly, I was overtired last night, it's all good now
nobody cares stupid. use gmail like everyone else and stop drinking egg nog fatso.

Beeman99

nobody cares stupid. use gmail like everyone else and stop drinking egg nog fatso.
I hope you die cunt, I hope it's due to you asking your gf to stick the dildo in your ass again and she pulls out a gun. See, I am meaner.

Aero 1

I hope you die cunt, I hope it's due to you asking your gf to stick the dildo in your ass again and she pulls out a gun. See, I am meaner.
i hope you get sickle cell from all the ******* your gf bangs and she bottoms out on you. merry xmas.

Beeman99

i hope you get sickle cell from all the ******* your gf bangs and she bottoms out on you. merry xmas.
you know, I hope the sars virus you brought back from that panda goes off on xmas day when you are with your family. Happy New Year

Aero 1

you know, I hope the sars virus you brought back from that panda goes off on xmas day when you are with your family. Happy New Year
i hope jews and blacks move next to you and have kwanza parties and jew events all the time so your blood pressure goes up. happy chanukka

Beeman99

i hope jews and blacks move next to you and have kwanza parties and jew events all the time so your blood pressure goes up. happy chanukka
go hail allah cunt

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
I just bought a new HD today, installed Vista on it,
I found your problem right there.

What you meant was

I just bought a new HD today, installed a Linux distro on it... and must say how much i like Linux. I started this thread just to say that I had no problem migrating any apps, thats all.
;)

----

jk.

did you get it to work with all the files re-allocated to the new HDD?

hope so and actually, how is Vista?

I havent even tried it yet, cause for my work all my admin programs have to run on XP (which sux, cause it locks up apps and or crashes at least once a week)

so my laptop and office tower both have XP....

p.s - at home i got unbuntu and mac osx

----

and I agree with Aero1, use gmail and their notifier. no worries about migration or storage, etc...

hell for what thats worth, use googles apps, for everything... photos, video, spreadsheets, presentations, word docs, etc...

----

6DollarDrunk

you have to be nice to beeman. Because with out beemen then there will be no bees. And with out any bees then Einstein says a black whole will open up and hurl the earth across the universe faster than the speed of light. And into a wall.

I dont know ... but thats what Einstein said.

Beeman99

you have to be nice to beeman. Because with out beemen then there will be no bees. And with out any bees then Einstein says a black whole will open up and hurl the earth across the universe faster than the speed of light. And into a wall.

that's corrrrect sir

Aero 1

beeman is a cunt. the chinese produce better bees and honey than stupid canadians, he will tell you that himself.

p.s. beeman is a cunt, merry xmas.

6DollarDrunk

beeman is a cunt. the chinese produce better bees and honey than stupid canadians, he will tell you that himself.

thats fine ... i just dont want a black hole to open up.

Beeman99

liar whore. The chinks have inferior bees, and their honey is full of lead and chemicals. Real fucking safe. Die

Happy New Year

Aero 1

liar whore. The chinks have inferior bees, and their honey is full of lead and chemicals. Real fucking safe. Die

Happy New Year
is that why you told me you have a bunch of stock still unsold because everyone is buying chinese?

Beeman99

is that why you told me you have a bunch of stock still unsold because everyone is buying chinese?
that's because the general public in both Canada and the USA have no idea as to what they are buying. Just about all the food products you buy now imported, the containers they are in are worth more than the product itself. Stick with IT faggot, leave the real world to us with brains

Top Bottom