MP3 playback with the monitor off

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
I like to listen to mp3s as I sleep and I could just let winamp play under WinXP with my monitor off.

With Win7, I'm just using WMP, but after a while windows will stop the mp3 playback. I can move my mouse to resume playback, but I just want this shit to run all night long.

I've disabled screensavers and my monitor is set to not shut off on its own.

it isn't you monitor it's power saving options.

Click on the Start (windows icon button) and type power in the search box. One of the results that comes up is "Change power-saving settings" click on that.

Click on Change Plan Settings.

Change put the computer to sleep to Never.

That should fix it.

If it doesn't, go back into the power settings and choose "Change advanced power settings"

Click on Hard Disk and set it to never off
Click on Sleep and set them all to never

Save Changes.

Bobobie

He also could be using a TV with an HDMI connection for a display. The audio will cut out when the display video is turned off. It does sound more likely that it is going into a standby or sleep mode.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Click on Hard Disk and set it to never off
Click on Sleep and set them all to never

Save Changes.
I had everything set to Never, but when I switched plans back and forth (issues with my last monitor), somehow my hard disk setting was changed. That was it, I think. Thanks.

Actually... it looks like I was using the Balanced power plan and not my custom one. But I never changed those settings once I hooked up my new monitor. Odd.

In any case, I think this will resolve it. Thanks for the help!