mp3 sites (help)

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
my new nav unit can store mp3s ... but i havnt downloaded anything since the days of stealing Napster.

My car has a cassette player so i figure i can dl some music on my nav and play them through the cassette with an adapter... Is this a sound idea?

If so .. I want an easy site to download music....i guess you pay like 15 bucks a month or something?

any info appreciated.

i tryed those torrent sites.. i had alot of trouble with them... to hard for me to figure out so think simple.

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
Torrent is really probably the best bet. You should give it another shot. I was really intimidated by it at first, but I tried again a few months later. Ended up downloading uTorrent. And seriously man it's really easy as shit to use.

You find a file on a torrent site, it automatically asks you to open with uTorrent then saves it to mydocuments/downloads. Almost everything is ready to use.

I just went to www.torrentbox.com and found the entire discography of Mercyful Fate in one torrent. I canceled because I already have all the CDs converted to MP3.

That torrentbox site has all kinds of shit. Medadeth discography. 173, MP3s in one torrent. Just click the link, it asks me if I want to open with uTorrent then it shows me the files that will be saved with it.

Then all you gotta do it burn them to CD.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
I think thats were the torrents gave me problems.. I couldnt turn the torrents into mp3,s.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
I have a torrent searchbar on firefox. Have both utorrent and Bittorrent. Like he said,try it again. PM if you want,I do LOTS of this shit.

Arc Lite

Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
I think thats were the torrents gave me problems.. I couldnt turn the torrents into mp3,s.
These are downloading AS MP3s. At least once the torrent has finished downloading. I already have most of that Megadeth collection, but I only selected the MP3s from So Far So Good So What and once it's finished, I'll just have the MP3s in that directory.

I had that problem before. But I think I was doing something wrong. Everything I've downloaded on my second go around has been nothing but the file itself (AVI movies, MP3s, PDF files for books, etc)

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
im missing something i guess... i dl the torrent but then its just unopenable file on my desktop.

Stedman

Hughes Rhymes With Jews. Coincidence?
Jun 3, 2006
NE Arkansas
what you need is to download utorrent from www.utorrent.com

utorrent is a program that knows how to open those files and it uses them to download music from other people for you

Arc Lite

Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
What Stedman said. Once you have uTorrent installed, the torrent file will open automatically. (Well you'll have to like click okay or something.

Also if you have torrents on your desktop or wherever, you can just open those torrent with the UTORRENT program.

And thanks for that Ozzy / Rhoads King Bisquit deal. That should be cool as shit.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
yeah, im downloading now no problem... my fear is like last time once i have these as downloaded torrents only this torrent player will play the stuff.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
ok, downloaded now seeding? whats seeding.
Seeding just means you're uploading data to other people. Generally you want to upload at least as much as you download as a courtesy.

And uTorrent can't play any media files, it's solely for sharing/creating torrents. You shouldn't have any problems playing what you download.

Stedman

Hughes Rhymes With Jews. Coincidence?
Jun 3, 2006
NE Arkansas
Glad i could help.

The world needs more seeders, if that means adding a few leeches in the process thats something i'm fine with.