Mr. Plinkett Reviews: The Official Thread

Floyd1977

I never watched the movie and Kate McKinnon disgusted me from these clips. She's doing a really terrible version of a Jane Lynch impression.
And, really, a Queef joke? Not that it grosses me out or anything, but it seems pretty clear that the only reason it's in there is to remind the audience that girls have vaginas. And that they can fart from their vaginas so suck on that patriarchy!

You know, a lot of peope said "it wasn't that bad" "It was better than the trailers made it out to be". I'm just not seeing that being the case.

And, really, a Queef joke? Not that it grosses me out or anything, but it seems pretty clear that the only reason it's in there is to remind the audience that girls have vaginas.
What bothers me about most woman comedy/comedians is that I'm not sure women actually make or like this type of humor.

The comedic style appears to be someone attempting to do an impression of male comedy but from a female standpoint.

What they should have done is make female comedy from a female standpoint. It wouldn't be funny, but at least it would make more sense than this shit.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
So here comes the question: will the RLM enterprise actually boycott Episode IX? I can’t see this happening.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
So here comes the question: will the RLM enterprise actually boycott Episode IX? I can’t see this happening.
I don't see any reason to boycott Episode 9. Depending on your point of view, JJ either has a monumental set of problems to fix, or this was their plan all along. Either way, I'm interested in what they have planned next.

If I was going to boycott anything Disney, it would be GotG v3. But then I have to sit there and say "You know what? Guardians 2 was mostly poo, so maybe it's not a bad thing that they're bringing in someone new to finish things off."

Let me do this, because I'm bored. Here's Piggy's Boycottometer, with all the Boycott-able movies and the reasons they shouldn't be seen.

1) Dark Phoenix - The 4th movie in a trilogy, the second comically bad version of Dark Phoenix, and the last movie in a now defunct Cinematic Universe? Anyone who sees this is an asshole.
2) The Joker Solo Movie - DC can't even establish one universe competently. There's no reason whatsoever for them to try to establish a multiverse. The public has clearly stated that they prefer their action/fantasy movies to have serialized storytelling, even when it's not necessarily appropriate (Jurassic Park/World) There is no medium more suited for serialized storytelling than comic books. What many people have also stated is that they strongly dislike shoehorned references, and they would also prefer politics to be kept out of these films:

3) Venom - After a bad couple of years, Sony cut a deal with Marvel to bring Spider-Man into the MCU, but while the deal was good for Marvel and Spider-Man, it didn't make a ton of sense financially for Sony. They get one movie every 2 years, while Marvel gets 3 movies per year. So they decided to make a bunch of movies set in the Spider-Man Cinematic Universe that Spider-Man doesn't actually exist in.

4) Any announced DC movie that actually comes out. It seems like WB announces a new DC movie every month or so, and each one sounds like a more terrible idea than the last, with the exception of the Joker movie, which is a collection of terrible ideas all on it's own.

5) Alita Battle Angel

6) Guardians of the Galaxy v. 3 and all of Marvel's Phase 4 - Disney got made to look like dummies by some nobodies who dug up some jokes by James Gunn. But is that what really happened? Prior to Disney's acquisition of Fox, there were plans underway - Gunn was said to be in charge of setting up the MCU's cosmic universe, which was also what would comprise Phase 4 and beyond. Wouldn't that make him the new Feige? Where was Feige heading? Nobody knows, but I've long suspected the plan was for him to replace Kathleen Kennedy at Lucasfilm, where he would be tasked with both rebooting Indiana Jones and creating a Star Wars Cinematic Universe after Kennedy and her regime had done nothing more than tread water with the Original Trilogy timeline and characters. Or maybe the merger was part of the plan, with Gunn handling the Cosmic slate while Feige focused on rebooting the X-Men and building towards AvX. Who knows? Either way the merger and Gunn's firing keep Feige firmly in place, which depending on your point of view is either a good thing or a great thing. I think it's a good thing, but I'd have rather seen him take over Lucasfilm.

7) Star Wars Episode 9 - The main reason I suggest boycotting Venom and Joker above everything else is to send a message to these studios to stop doing stupid things like releasing two Joker movies within a year or making Spider-Man movies without Spider-Man. And I strongly believe that if the Joker and Venom fail, they will stop doing these stupid things, at least temporarily. My biggest issue with Lucasfilm has been the similarly pointless movies like Rogue One and Solo. Hopefully, the reports of Lucasfilm tabling certain films means that the boycott of Solo sent the message loud and clear that Lucasfilm should stop being so lazy in their over-reliance on the Original Trilogy and characters. With Luke, Han, and Carrie Fisher dead, Episode 9 will be mostly a new movie with new ideas built around new characters. That's what I'd like to see more of in Star Wars.

Last edited:

Pigdango

Donator
It better not be "The Last Plinkett Review".
It must be really hard for them because Star Wars is what made them famous, gave them a career, and promises to keep making them money for many years to come, but I think they are genuinely sick of it as fans and wish they could just be done with it.

I was surprised that he found some new ground to cover after this movie has been gutted for 8 months.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
It must be really hard for them because Star Wars is what made them famous, gave them a career, and promises to keep making them money for many years to come, but I think they are genuinely sick of it as fans and wish they could just be done with it.

I was surprised that he found some new ground to cover after this movie has been gutted for 8 months.
Speaking of which, that dude dead?

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
I don't see any reason to boycott Episode 9. Depending on your point of view, JJ either has a monumental set of problems to fix, or this was their plan all along. Either way, I'm interested in what they have planned next.

If I was going to boycott anything Disney, it would be GotG v3. But then I have to sit there and say "You know what? Guardians 2 was mostly poo, so maybe it's not a bad thing that they're bringing in someone new to finish things off."

Let me do this, because I'm bored. Here's Piggy's Boycottometer, with all the Boycott-able movies and the reasons they shouldn't be seen.

1) Dark Phoenix - The 4th movie in a trilogy, the second comically bad version of Dark Phoenix, and the last movie in a now defunct Cinematic Universe? Anyone who sees this is an asshole.
2) The Joker Solo Movie - DC can't even establish one universe competently. There's no reason whatsoever for them to try to establish a multiverse. The public has clearly stated that they prefer their action/fantasy movies to have serialized storytelling, even when it's not necessarily appropriate (Jurassic Park/World) There is no medium more suited for serialized storytelling than comic books. What many people have also stated is that they strongly dislike shoehorned references, and they would also prefer politics to be kept out of these films:

3) Venom - After a bad couple of years, Sony cut a deal with Marvel to bring Spider-Man into the MCU, but while the deal was good for Marvel and Spider-Man, it didn't make a ton of sense financially for Sony. They get one movie every 2 years, while Marvel gets 3 movies per year. So they decided to make a bunch of movies set in the Spider-Man Cinematic Universe that Spider-Man doesn't actually exist in.

4) Any announced DC movie that actually comes out. It seems like WB announces a new DC movie every month or so, and each one sounds like a more terrible idea than the last, with the exception of the Joker movie, which is a collection of terrible ideas all on it's own.

5) Alita Battle Angel

6) Guardians of the Galaxy v. 3 and all of Marvel's Phase 4 - Disney got made to look like dummies by some nobodies who dug up some jokes by James Gunn. But is that what really happened? Prior to Disney's acquisition of Fox, there were plans underway - Gunn was said to be in charge of setting up the MCU's cosmic universe, which was also what would comprise Phase 4 and beyond. Wouldn't that make him the new Feige? Where was Feige heading? Nobody knows, but I've long suspected the plan was for him to replace Kathleen Kennedy at Lucasfilm, where he would be tasked with both rebooting Indiana Jones and creating a Star Wars Cinematic Universe after Kennedy and her regime had done nothing more than tread water with the Original Trilogy timeline and characters. Or maybe the merger was part of the plan, with Gunn handling the Cosmic slate while Feige focused on rebooting the X-Men and building towards AvX. Who knows? Either way the merger and Gunn's firing keep Feige firmly in place, which depending on your point of view is either a good thing or a great thing. I think it's a good thing, but I'd have rather seen him take over Lucasfilm.

7) Star Wars Episode 9 - The main reason I suggest boycotting Venom and Joker above everything else is to send a message to these studios to stop doing stupid things like releasing two Joker movies within a year or making Spider-Man movies without Spider-Man. And I strongly believe that if the Joker and Venom fail, they will stop doing these stupid things, at least temporarily. My biggest issue with Lucasfilm has been the similarly pointless movies like Rogue One and Solo. Hopefully, the reports of Lucasfilm tabling certain films means that the boycott of Solo sent the message loud and clear that Lucasfilm should stop being so lazy in their over-reliance on the Original Trilogy and characters. With Luke, Han, and Carrie Fisher dead, Episode 9 will be mostly a new movie with new ideas built around new characters. That's what I'd like to see more of in Star Wars.
I'm not planning on actively boycotting nothing. Every movie is kind of up in the air for me. I haven't seen things I wanted to see - Blackkkklansman, 8th Grade - and might see things I don't care for - Puppet Movie.

I have zero interest in Venom and Altia. Yet if I had to choose between them, I think I'd go Altia. In practice, who knows?

And I think there's something about the Gunn firing we don't know. It doesn't make sense without some other factor. But I don't want Fiege to go to LucasFilm. I think that's a lost cause. They're still pushing for Indy 5.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
I'm not planning on actively boycotting nothing. Every movie is kind of up in the air for me. I haven't seen things I wanted to see - Blackkkklansman, 8th Grade - and might see things I don't care for - Puppet Movie.

I have zero interest in Venom and Altia. Yet if I had to choose between them, I think I'd go Altia. In practice, who knows?

And I think there's something about the Gunn firing we don't know. It doesn't make sense without some other factor. But I don't want Fiege to go to LucasFilm. I think that's a lost cause. They're still pushing for Indy 5.
Didn't you hear? Gunn is a Satan Worshiping, baby eating pedophile along with Dwight Schrute. Q said so. I connected the dots. It's all going to be blown out of the water soon. Just you wait. Any day now....

Fred West

I'd be fine with Plinkett roasting old movies. The Matrix sequels, Adam Sandler movies and the like. These Star Wars movies aren't as hilariously flawed (though, still unlikable) as the prequels.

One of my favourite Plinkett reviews was Titanic, because, like he says, it's a brilliant and terrible movie. There's plenty of movies that can be smacked around, while still covering new Star Wars movies on HitB.

Pigdango

Donator
I...Don't know how to handle this rediculous statement.
It’s a simple two step process:

1) Remember that in many or most of the times you disagree with me, you end up realizing I was right.
2) rewatch the movie.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
It’s a simple two step process:

1) Remember that in many or most of the times you disagree with me, you end up realizing I was right.
2) rewatch the movie.
1) Aside from R1, that's not even remotely true. And R1 wasn't horrible, just not great.
2) It was better the second time I saw it