MSG Settles another Discrimination Case with Ex-Cheerleader

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
NEW YORK (AP) -- Madison Square Garden settled Wednesday with a former New York Rangers cheerleader who sued for sexual discrimination, avoiding the potential of another embarrassing trial.

Courtney Prince was fired in January 2004. She later claimed MSG failed to properly protect the dozen skating cheerleaders from being touched inappropriately when they went into the crowd at games and required them to be glamorous and to wear padded bras, fake eyelashes and hairpieces.

A statement released on her behalf said: "We resolved this matter with no admission of wrongdoing on the part of any party, and I will have no further comment.''

Terms of the settlement were not disclosed.

Madison Square Garden refused to settle with former Knicks team executive Anucha Browne Sanders when she accused coach Isiah Thomas and MSG of sexual harassment. Instead, she was awarded $11.6 million in October after a trial that embarrassed the organization and the NBA.

MSG eventually settled for $11.5 million shortly before both sides were to return to court for the punitive phase.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
They might as well pay off every cheerleader they've ever fired because they
are all gonna file a suit now that they know they can get money from it.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
I've been hearing about this story for years now... and the entire time I've thought to myself...

Self, when the fuck have the Rangers ever had cheerleaders?

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Okay Cablevision subscribers, get ready for another hike in your rates.

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
Meanwhile, the Garden amassed statements from numerous skaters and other employees who trashed Prince, accusing her of being obsessed with sex and making racist comments.

"We resolved this with no admission of wrongdoing on the part of either party and will have no further comment," Prince said in a statement.

...but she will get paid big time.

It's good to be in America. :rolleyes: