Muffingate: Mitt Romney's Hatred For Muffin Stumps

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
NY Times OP-ED:

What Muffins Say About Mitt Romney

SOME supporters of Mitt Romney, in an effort to make him seem more human (or at least humanoid), have been disseminating a story, first told by a biographer, about how their candidate has a charmingly eccentric habit: he eats only the tops of muffins. His theory is that during the baking process, the butter sinks to the bottom. This story conveys so many things: our guy is an everyday Joe — he eats muffins, not crumpets. And look, even his breakfast is an opportunity to make disciplined decisions — just think how he’ll do with the budget.

The Romney campaign clearly hasn’t thought about how this anecdote will play to a crucial voting bloc: Asian immigrants.

(Begbie edit - he rambles on about how his Dad came here from Korea and had to eat dirt and garbage, and how his dad became a Republican, oddly...since Republicans hate immigrants. There, I saved you from reading twat's life story)

So why did Mitt Romney have to go ruin it with the muffin tops?

I can only imagine what he would have had to say about a presidential candidate so heedless he eats only the top off a muffin. No matter how loyal a Republican, my father would likely have declared Mr. Romney a very silly, profligate man — not the kind of man to be trusted with his precious tax money. Perhaps his vote would have gone to a Democrat for the first time ever. Politico has declared the Asian-American vote “key for both parties.” Will muffin-top-gate cause other immigrant parents to join their Democratic-leaning children?

On the other hand, there is one part of Mitt Romney’s story that would appeal to my father (besides the fact that both chose their names: Mitt using his middle name instead of Willard, my father deciding William had a nicer ring than Chae-sik). My father always found the American culture of pets — with special food (not to mention a special doctor) just for the dog — preposterous. Our childhood longing for a pet bedeviled him. It’s possible he might have been one with the logic of Mr. Romney’s executive decision to strap the family dog, in a crate, to the roof of the car, thereby keeping the luggage clean and safe inside. In the pet department at least, my father would have thought the man had his priorities straight. Perhaps he would have forgiven him the muffin tops after all.

Marie Myung-Ok Lee teaches writing at Columbia and is working on a novel about the future of medicine.
A guy that eats just muffin tops would be bad for America. :icon_cool

Nice one NY Times! I guess when you can't build up enough fauxrage on the guy's tax returns, might as well find some dopey, lefty teacher who is outraged by how Mitt Romney eats his muffin.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
Well Romney just lost Rebecca De Mornay's vote.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
It also shows that he hates poor people

We need someone like this guy on the cabinet

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Wait, Romney said "Muffin Top"? GOP'S WAR ON THE OBESE!!!

Wait wait, Romney said "Muffin Stumps"? WAR ON THE HANDY CAPABLE!!!

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Wait, Romney said "Muffin Top"? GOP'S WAR ON THE OBESE!!!

Wait wait, Romney said "Muffin Stumps"? WAR ON THE HANDY CAPABLE!!!
I think you're missing the more important thing. Muffin is a sexist term.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Who doesn't love muffin tops better than the stump? If I had Romney money I'd eat them like that all the time and throw the stumps at homeless people.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
it also shows that he hates poor people

we need someone like this guy on the cabinet
It is a great clip. :icon_lol:

[YT]Jxph6zErgYI&NR[/YT]

That's kind of why I thought this was just the NY Times being silly geese. But then I saw that this was also printed...so I actually think they're serious.

Dec 12, 2007
Marie Myung-Ok Lee teaches writing at Columbia and is working on a novel about the future of medicine.
Its good to know my political commentary comes from the same person who covers the latest breakthroughs in prostate exams and dick warts.

NY Times OP-ED:

A guy that eats just muffin tops would be bad for America. :icon_cool

Nice one NY Times! I guess when you can't build up enough fauxrage on the guy's tax returns, might as well find some dopey, lefty teacher who is outraged by how Mitt Romney eats his muffin.
The article is BS and the writer is a cunt.

According to an earlier NY Times article, Romney eats the same thing everyday (his campaign submitted the info) "Mitt Romney is so vigilant about nutrition that he eats the same thing every day: his wife’s granola for breakfast, a chicken or turkey sandwich for lunch, and pasta, fish or chicken for dinner." He eats shitty food at campaign stops for the same reason Obama and the rest of them do...to be like the rest of us.

Obama is known not to eat sweets or touch shitty food, but then he goes to the Iowa State Fair and eats caramel corn, pork and a corn dog for the cameras.

People have said stupid shit about candidate's eating habits before. In 2004, when Kerry ordered a Philly Cheese Steak with Swiss they portrayed him as a pussy who couldn't fight terrorism. When Gerald Ford was campaigning in Texas and bit a tamale with the corn husk still on they talked about what an idiot he was.
Michelle Obama mentioned her favorite meal was arugula and steak and Glenn Beck said her answer was elitist.

Its campaign season horseshit.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Dec 12, 2007
I prefer a dude who has his shit together and keeps a balanced diet versus the new jersey fatman who sleeps standing up at Springsteen concerts.

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Sep 27, 2007
Mawl-din, MA
Doomed. Motherfucking DOOMED.

This is the dreck that gets published in the NY Times, op-ed or not.
Our country is circling the drain.

-edit-
Would Walter FUCKING Kronkite report on this? Would he? NO!
Every "news" outlet that pushes this garbage out needs to be burned to the fucking ground.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I prefer a dude who has his shit together and keeps a balanced diet versus the new jersey fatman who sleeps standing up at Springsteen concerts.
I don't trust skinny folk, give me the fat man.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I could use a good muffin now.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
I think the problem here is that they're making these muffins too damn big these days. Alot of people eat the top first...then are full by the time they get to the stump. I mean, we're not all MagicBob here, I mean, come on.

What we need are some government regulations and restrictions on the size of muffins. The diameter and weight can not exceed say, 4 inches and 1 pound. Height restricted at oh, 5 inches. We could hire thousands of gov't muffin inspectors (that's right...JOBS) to go out to stores and make sure they're meeting guidelines. Stores found selling oversized muffins, first instance will be a warning...second will be a $10,000 fine...third, you lose your government issued muffin production license and can no longer sell muffins.

This should be part of the platform at the DNC...think about it...based on this NY Times Op-Ed, they'd lock up the Asian-American vote. :upp:

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I think the problem here is that they're making these muffins too damn big these days. Alot of people eat the top first...then are full by the time they get to the stump. I mean, we're not all MagicBob here, I mean, come on.

What we need are some government regulations and restrictions on the size of muffins. The diameter and weight can not exceed say, 4 inches and 1 pound. Height restricted at oh, 5 inches. We could hire thousands of gov't muffin inspectors (that's right...JOBS) to go out to stores and make sure they're meeting guidelines. Stores found selling oversized muffins, first instance will be a warning...second will be a $10,000 fine...third, you lose your government issued muffin production license and can no longer sell muffins.

This should be part of the platform at the DNC...think about it...based on this NY Times Op-Ed, they'd lock up the Asian-American vote. :upp:
The muffins are TOO DAMN BIG!!!!!

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Mittens hates muffins. Figures.

(I want a blueberry muffin so bad right now.)

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Who doesn't love muffin tops better than the stump? If I had Romney money I'd eat them like that all the time and throw the stumps at homeless people.
That's the difference between you and Romney. Mitt respects all human beings, no matter their social status, race, religion or sexual orientation. Even losers who only have one wife at a time.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
I only eat the muffin tops. I am the 1%.

Actually I really do only eat the tops of those muffins they sell at gas stations because they are unhealthy as hell, but I loves me some banana walnut muffin.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Fuck I'm starvin...we got any muffin tops back there?

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
The real question is which candidate has gone down on his wife more?