Mulder and Scully in 'X-Files 2'?

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
The X-Files star David Duchovny has appeased impatient fans of the show by promising they won't have long to wait until a second big-screen spin-off.

Earlier this year Duchovny--who played Agent Fox Mulder in both the cult TV series and 1998 movie--confirmed he and Gillian Anderson will team up for another movie version of the program under the direction of Chris Carter.

The project previously faced delays because of a now-settled lawsuit filed by Carter in 2005 against 20th Century Fox Television alleging breach of contract, contractual interference and other claims over payments allegedly owed to him from the series.

However, Duchovny is happy to announce the film is now back on track and almost ready to start shooting.

He says, "I'm supposed to see a script next week."

Is this really long awaited? I never saw the first flick, but I watched the show when it was on.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I don't really need this, nor do I particularly want it but...

I am so there.

Davel23

Feb 26, 2005
I enjoyed X-Files for a while, until it fell into the "sorry, no answers, here, have some more questions" formula. I saw the movie when it was in the theater, but god help me if I can remember anything about it. I remember the building blowing up in the beginning, and something about Mulder and Scully being chased by bees through a cornfield, but that's literally it. It made almost no impression on me. I could care less about a sequel.

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
I think we're all missing the most crucial point here: scully is no longer even remotely hot.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
Scully was never hot, I started the entire series marathon a few weeks ago and she has midget legs and a bird face. I feel the overwhelming need to whistle and throw bread crumbs at the screen while I'm watching.

As for the movie, I'm psyched.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Scully was never hot, I started the entire series marathon a few weeks ago and she has midget legs and a bird face. I feel the overwhelming need to whistle and throw bread crumbs at the screen while I'm watching.

As for the movie, I'm psyched.

i jack to the chicken fucker video why wouldnt you not want to fuck the living shit out of her

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
Cool. Hopefully, they leave Robert Patrick and the other girl out of the movie. The episodes that featured those 2 were nowhere near as good as the earlier seasons.

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
As cool as this is.. this is a bit late. I honestly don't remember the X-files as much as i used to watch it...anything that forces me to watch something that came out years before in order to appreciate the new movie, I'm just too lazy.. fuck it.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
The first few seasons were good but then it jumped the shark and didn't really get the First movie ....on my care-o-meter: -5
On a side note the long blonde haired glassed geek from the lone gunmen is a millionaire from inventing a cooling pad for laptops.
and Fave Episode from the show was the Jack Black one where he shoots lightning

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
for three or four years, the Xfiles was the best show on TV. the movie wasn't good because it was just an extension of the show's storyline so you had to have seen everything leading up to it to really enjoy it. i read that this will be a stand-alone story, which is great.

i hope it's not terrible. i wonder how scully looks these days.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
I loved the X-Files so i will be watching the movie.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Cool. Hopefully, they leave Robert Patrick and the other girl out of the movie. The episodes that featured those 2 were nowhere near as good as the earlier seasons.
I really enjoyed the episodes with Robert Patrick and what's her name. I thought they did really well. I stopped watching though because I got way too confused.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
... this is a bit late...
I agree, any buzz this movie might of had has worn off by now. Except for the hard-core fans I can't see this as being a success financialy. I would probably give it a shot on Netflix though.

Darth Mode

You went over my helmet?!
Nov 16, 2006
Hoboken, NJ
First pics of David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson as Special Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully from The X-Files 2. The X-Files 2 is set to hit theatres on July 25th, 2008.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Can someone post a reminder how the series ended? I kind of lost interest once Mulder disappeared. I know he came back for the finale, but I totally forget what happened. Is this movie going to take place before the series finale or is it going to be in 2008?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I'm not going to lie. I'm really geeking about this and I haven't seen the show in years.