Muslims Win Fight over Offensive Jabba the Hutt Lego Playset

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Please tell me this is an April Fool's thing because this might be the most absurd thing I've read from these savages.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/world...ight-over-legos-anti-islamic-logo_839053.html

London: Austria's Turkish community has claimed a victory in its fight against Danish toy giant Lego.

The move comes after the firm agreed to withdraw a Star Wars toy set featuring a mosque-like building inhabited by an obese, hookah-smoking alien, following complaints that it was anti-Muslim.

Lego added the 'Jabba's Palace' play set to its Star Wars collection in 2012.

In January this year the set started to provoke outrage in Austria's Islamic community after a Muslim father found that his sister had given one to his son as a present.

According to the Independent, the game, which is aimed at children aged from nine to 14, features Jabba the Hutt in his intergalactic lair.

Jabba, the slug-like villain who first appeared in the 1983 film Return of the Jedi, lives in a domed, oriental-looking building equipped with rockets and machine guns.

He also smokes a water pipe and keeps Princess Leia in chains for use as his personal slave.

According to the report, furious Muslim critics complained that the Lego set's Asian and oriental figures were 'deceitful and criminal' characters such as gun-runners, slave masters and terrorists.

Lego initially dug in its heels and refused the request. The company insisted the product was merely a faithful reproduction.

But then it emerged it had backed down and agreed to end its production from 2014 onwards.
GOD DAMN IT, ASIA IS NOT LOCATED ON TATOOINE.

These assholes have Europe by the balls.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Lego already denied that they are discontinuing it. Too lazy to post a link because screw your shooter. Stay on top of things.

:action-sm

KaraBoo

Small but very deadly south american tree frog.
Mar 6, 2013
I work at toys R us this might be a good excuse to put them in the back. We have a whole shelf of this one it never moves.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I work at toys R us this might be a good excuse to put them in the back. We have a whole shelf of this one it never moves.
I'm not a happy enough person to work at Toys R Us. I'd start throwing punches within three days. Or finally get a date.

KaraBoo

Small but very deadly south american tree frog.
Mar 6, 2013
I'm not a happy enough person to work at Toys R Us. I'd start throwing punches within three days. Or finally get a date.
They only hire people who can handle the job.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Those people aren't happy unless they have something to be unhappy about.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
What a collective bunch of silly people. Its science FICTION you unclipped savages.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
We no longer have to hide our cowardice as long as we are constantly apologetic to the people who are butthurt or offended over things that aren't that big of a deal.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
We no longer have to hide our cowardice as long as we are constantly apologetic to the people who are butthurt or offended over things that aren't that big of a deal.
This was in Austria. Like I said, Europe is fucked. But we are, indeed, next.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
That's Tatooine, you western devil.
It's Naboo, fool. Look at the architecture. Also, Tatooine has no vegetation. At this rate, you're going to fail the big Star Wars geography exam. :action-sm

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
It's Naboo, fool. Look at the architecture. Also, Tatooine has no vegetation. At this rate, you're going to fail the big Star Wars geography exam. :action-sm
Hey, I was born here you know.