Muzzie Chick Asked to Remove Veil in NJ Mall

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/mall_muslim_snub_whENdrLXa1AzMXMn6kESaJ

A Muslim woman has accused a New Jersey shopping mall security guard of trying to force her to remove her head-covering garment.

“He came into my face and made a hand gesture like he was going to lift my veil off,’ ” Wakeelah Salaam, 30, told The Post of her ordeal at the Bridgewater Commons Mall last Saturday.

“I felt like he was going to do something. I didn’t feel safe in the mall.”

The US-born Salaam said the confrontation happened about 10 minutes after she entered the mall with her two young sons.

She was wearing a Muslim veil known as a niqab, which covered her entire head and face except for her eyes.

“I was passing the Apple store when he got in my face. He said, ‘This is a private place. You can’t wear that in here,’ ” Salaam said.

Salaam said that after she was approached by the guard, she called her sister who told her to seek out a supervisor.

But another guard told her no supervisor was available and she was “overreacting” and “out of line.”

Then, the first guard accosted her again, she said. “He told me, ‘I don’t know who you are, and I need you to take that off.’ ”

Salaam said she felt like a “victim” and was embarrassed in front of her boys, ages 5 and 12.

She dialed 911 and left after meeting with police.

“They humiliated me, the way they made me feel. I went home and cried for over an hour,” she said.

Salaam said she was particularly shocked because she has been wearing her niqab in public for years without a problem, including court appointments.

And, she’s even worn it to Bridgewater Commons before.

“I would never go back to that mall. I know [the guard] doesn’t live under a rock, so [he] knows what a Muslim woman wears,” she said.

The mall later issued an apology and said the guard had been sent to diversity training.

“We respect her right to dress according to her religious beliefs and she is welcome in our mall anytime,” a mall official said.

"No sir, I would rather be subjugated."

By the way, nice Kenny Eyes.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
For whatever reason muslim ladies love the whole foods. I see them all the time at whole foods with their ninja outfits. I don't see why anyone would care but of course its Jersey so.....

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
For whatever reason muslim ladies love the whole foods. I see them all the time at whole foods with their ninja outfits. I don't see why anyone would care but of course its Jersey so.....
Organic foods are probably "halal," although I doubt the meat is.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
I don't see why anyone would care but of course its Jersey so.....
Yeah, because anti Muslim sentiment post 9/11 is strictly a New Jersey issue. Stop being such a tool.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Why did she call the Police? That should be a fine right there. 911 is for emergencies, not religious disagreements.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Why did she call the Police? That should be a fine right there. 911 is for emergencies, not religious disagreements.
Because its Jersey, a liberal collectivist state that teaches it citizens to be helpless victims and rely on the state to protect them.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Because its Jersey, a liberal collectivist state that teaches it citizens to be helpless victims and rely on the state to protect them.
Says the guy that doesnt leave his parents basement. Oh wait, I forgot, 5 points, yo.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Take your fucking veil off asshole.
Let me introduce you to the first amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Move to France if you don't like it.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Let me introduce you to the first amendment.
The 1st Amendment doesn't apply to private property and private businesses. So what you would like is the government to remove the right of private businesses to refuse service to anyone, or to ban people from removing trespassers from their property?

Fascist.

ShooterMcGavin

May 25, 2005
Ironic that someone telling her to take it off makes her feel like a victim, but having to wear that stupid thing doesn't. Call 911 and waste their time to make a political statement, but Allah forbid you call them after your husband beats you for speaking at the dinner table. Stupid cunt.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
The 1st Amendment doesn't apply to private property and private businesses. So what you would like is the government to remove the right of private businesses to refuse service to anyone, or to ban people from removing trespassers from their property?

Fascist.
The first good point you have ever made. So I guess you agree with Rand Pauls beliefs on the civil rights act?

If you read the article the property owner said she is welcome in the mall, it was just this dumb Jersey guard with his personal feelings.

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey

Hey ASS HOLE look up Somerset County NJ, you just sound Fucking retarted ever time you type. I can't remember a lib being voted in in this area of the state ever.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
The first good point you have ever made. So I guess you agree with Rand Pauls beliefs on the civil rights act?

If you read the article the property owner said she is welcome in the mall, it was just this dumb Jersey guard with his personal feelings.
Actually you've conceded that I've made good points on at least three occasions... my signature reflects one of those times. Give credit where credit is due.

Also, I don't know which specific Ron Paul stance you're referring to, but as a libertarian I agree with most of his opinions on domestic issues.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Dec 28, 2008
Constant sate of misery

Understands this, but you don't understand the TSA? Kill yourself.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Actually you've conceded that I've made good points on at least three occasions... my signature reflects one of those times. Give credit where credit is due.

Also, I don't know which specific Ron Paul stance you're referring to, but as a libertarian I agree with most of his opinions on domestic issues.
Rand, not Ron. Rand believes the civil rights act was good to stop government from discriminating or showing favoritism but he said it goes too far by trying to force private businesses to associate with people they don't want to associate with.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
[video=youtube;k2NaHBVVYzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2NaHBVVYzY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]