my latest project

Ballbuster1

Cute I am.
Wackbag Staff
Huh, I guess I’m on a yearly cycle with this thread....

so I built a half assed forge today out of my fire pit and a bag of coal and holy fuck it worked, not only did it work, it worked too well, I literally melted 6” of rebar in about 5 minute, flat out melted that shit.
I’ve got a shit ton of stuff to do this week but I think I’m going to shoot a video on it

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Fucking Amazon... I ordered a carburetor for my moms leaf blower i specifically ordered a “direct replacement“ using the exact part number off the carb, damn if the ducking thing is exactly backwards 180deg opposite of what I needed

Haeder

South Dakota
Fucking Amazon... I ordered a carburetor for my moms leaf blower i specifically ordered a “direct replacement“ using the exact part number off the carb, damn if the ducking thing is exactly backwards 180deg opposite of what I needed
Good news - you'll get it replaced for free and you'll get to keep the backwards part.

Bad news - they'll probably send you another wrong part next time.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I've been doing better on eBay for that kind of stuff. I got a carb for my trimmer on eBay and it was a direct 100% OEM replacement. I almost pulled the trigger on Amazon but then I read the reviews where alot of people bitched they got a carb that didn't fit which was made of Chineseium.

THE FEZ MAN

Good news - you'll get it replaced for free and you'll get to keep the backwards part.

Bad news - they'll probably send you another wrong part next time.
I flipped it over and just lengthened the fuel lines, but, I don’t think that’s actually what’s wrong with it, I have a funny feeling the valves are out of time because it’s doing exactly the same thing it was doing before, when it starts to get hot it just dies, I checked the coil it’s still sparking when hot and i can keep it running but only at a high idle I give it more fuel and it will nose over and shut down, like the timing is off, I found the valve adjustment it’s supposed to be .0005 when cold so tomorrow I will try it again, if that doesn’t fix it it’s gong in to the trash, my mom insists on buying these 4 stroke power tools ive told her 100x they are junk

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
I flipped it over and just lengthened the fuel lines, but, I don’t think that’s actually what’s wrong with it, I have a funny feeling the valves are out of time because it’s doing exactly the same thing it was doing before, when it starts to get hot it just dies, I checked the coil it’s still sparking when hot and i can keep it running but only at a high idle I give it more fuel and it will nose over and shut down, like the timing is off, I found the valve adjustment it’s supposed to be .0005 when cold so tomorrow I will try it again, if that doesn’t fix it it’s gong in to the trash, my mom insists on buying these 4 stroke power tools ive told her 100x they are junk
Yep. The only 4-stroke stuff like that which is any good is Honda. My father has a Honda 4-stroke trimmer that's like a dozen years old. Still runs like a top. It's heavy though and he no longer likes using it. He took it in to the dealer every few years and had them give it a once over. because the damn thing was so expensive when he bought it, he actually took care of it. I bought a Ryobi 4-stroke trimmer when I first moved down here and it was a POS. If you tilted it too much while using it, like when doing edging, oil from the crankcase ends up in the cylinder and it becomes a mosquito fogger.

After that debacle, I went back to all two-stroke - hedge clipper, blower, and trimmer. Some of the newer Stihl stuff (at least the blowers) are really four-stroke, but you mix the oil in with the gas like a two-stroke. However, they still need valve adjustments and shit. I almost bought one before I found out from my neighbor's landscaper. He had all Stihl stuff (trimmers, chainsaws, hedge clippers) hanging on his trailer. But, he had Husqvarna blowers. I asked him why and he filled me in, said he was in the process of switching off Stihl. He said from now on, every time he needs to replace something, it won't be Stihl. Turns out his Husqvarna blowers are made by Redmax, which is what I ended up buying.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
I buy all my small engine stuff from www.repairclinic.com

They have aftermarket but also pretty much every factory repair part for what seems like everything. I get Echo and Honda stuff there

I got a factory Honda carb for my mower for around $20 from them, yes factory in a Honda box. And they seem to never sleep as I have ordered stuff on Friday 4PM Pacific time and it ships the same day.

THE FEZ MAN

I bought a bunch of four stroke stuff when I moved here, none of it lasted more than 3 years I shit canned all of it and started buying two stroke echos, I have yet to have any problems with any of it. My mom didn’t want to “mix gas” even though ive told her countless times to buy pre mix. and it never sinks in, I also told her to either run it completely dry or fill them all the way up (never does that)

the only redeeming part of this is she buys the toro ones that have an electric starter so I can Hook a drill up to it to start it without pulling my arm off.
im going to tell her to start buying the high power rechargeables

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
I bought a bunch of four stroke stuff when I moved here, none of it lasted more than 3 years I shit canned all of it and started buying two stroke echos, I have yet to have any problems with any of it. My mom didn’t want to “mix gas” even though ive told her countless times to buy pre mix. and it never sinks in, I also told her to either run it completely dry or fill them all the way up (never does that)

the only redeeming part of this is she buys the toro ones that have an electric starter so I can Hook a drill up to it to start it without pulling my arm off.
im going to tell her to start buying the high power rechargeables
I think within a couple of years all the gas powered stuff will be obsolete with the way the battery stuff is going.

THE FEZ MAN

I think within a couple of years all the gas powered stuff will be obsolete with the way the battery stuff is going.
we bought my MiL a battery powered lawnmower a few years ago and I like it it cuts her yard several times without needing a charge. I know my mother would find some way to kill it, she swears she goes through 20 gallons of gas a summer (i cut 2 acres a week and barely go through that much fuel)

THE FEZ MAN

Well I adjusted the valves on the blower and it’s still dong the same shit, fuck it, the blower is dead to me

I know a trucker in California
Goes by the name weeniewawa
He'd fix that fucker

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Go get her an Echo and a few cans of pre-mix.

THE FEZ MAN

Go get her an Echo and a few cans of pre-mix.
she can go buy herself a rechargeable one, did I mention she has a back pack blower also? The old lady has 2 lawn mowers, a Dr, trimmer, a weed wacker a power edger, and had two chain saws but gave those away because they scared her.

I recently moved in with my fiance and they had one of those ryobi 4 stroke weed trimmer that you can change the head to a hedge trimmer etc. The neighbor recently returned it after god knows how long, and(because) it doesn't work. What a surprise.
I have my own echo 2 smoke I brought so I haven't fucked with the cryobi, but have been interested in the head changeability of it. Sounds like it isn't worth fucking with.

THE FEZ MAN

I recently moved in with my fiance and they had one of those ryobi 4 stroke weed trimmer that you can change the head to a hedge trimmer etc. The neighbor recently returned it after god knows how long, and(because) it doesn't work. What a surprise.
I have my own echo 2 smoke I brought so I haven't fucked with the cryobi, but have been interested in the head changeability of it. Sounds like it isn't worth fucking with.
meh, it’s up to you if you want to fart with it