My Mom's Car Is Ruined. Stinks

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I had to borrow my Mom's car the last few days, and it smells like a sewage plant, that's been covered up by Fabreez and Lysol, etc etc.

The story is, she's making a bunch of chicken one night, the day after the weekly trash pickup came. So she's got all the chicken guts, and stuff cut off, into it's own trashbag. She doesn't want to leave that inside, because it'll stink. She doesn't want to put it in the garage, because it'll stink...

So, she puts it in her car, to take to a dumpster at a church or school. She forgets to take said bag to a dumpster.
It sits in her car, in the garage for like 36 hours, in 105+ degree heat.

It was the worst smell ever. She's gotten the car detailed and cleaned, used every type of air freshener, dryer sheets in the vents, etc.

It's still awful. And I had to drive around it in the last 2 days. It's like the Seinfeld B.O episode, the smell will not leave.

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
I would recommend getting a decent job, moving out of your parents house, and buying your own car. Anyways, thoughts and prayers.

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Working on it.
Up until March I lived here alone with my brother, parents living 300+ miles away. But then my Dad had to quit and they moved back, selling their other house.

Really cramped my style...

But, back to the chicken guts. I really haven't smelled a worse smell than rotting chicken guts baked in a garage for 2 days.

blazin

Dec 9, 2004

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
That happened to a friends of my dad's. Same deal, forgotten chicken in the trunk for two days in the garage. After 3 months they ended up trading in the car for a new one. Good luck bro...

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I told her to just ghost-ride it into a lake and see what amounts.

I'm sure that if you take it in to get a full wash a few more times it'll be gone. Or maybe if you just burned incense in it all day.
But she's in denial, "It does NOT smell anymore." But it does.

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I'll tell her about that smell begone.
I haven't really done anything to get it out... I just drive with all the windows down sweating

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
good luck bro

Buds Spuckley

Mar 17, 2008
Are you sure your mom isnt Casey Anthony? She had that problem too.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Any crime scene clean up guys around you as they have enzyme cleaners that will get rid of most of it... but you will never get rid of all of it.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Similar thing happened to my dad's car with a tray of fish. Even the thought of getting into that car still makes me nauseous. Time to get a new car, that smell will never be gone.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
We had a small freezer in the basement and my cats somehow managed to pull the plug on it, whilst fucking around climbing on it. It was full of chicken, pork chops, just a vast assortment of meats. Fast forward a couple of weeks, and the smell that came out of that thing when we finally needed to open that freezer to get something out of it, it was fucking legendary. Made me immediately run upstairs and puke. I'm literally shocked I held it long enough to get upstairs.

The smell in the basement lingered for a month. This was approximately this time last year. The freezer still has a faint lingering stench, and this is after at least half a dozen bleach scrubbings, left it outside airing out for a week, scrubbed once again with baking soda, and putting 2 boxes of baking soda in it each week since to absorb the smell.

It's better, but when the air is humid, you can catch an ever-so-slight whiff of decay & death. I won't eat anything out of that freezer that wasn't hermetically sealed before being put in, I have told my wife as much. She swears there's no more smell, but I knows (nose) better.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Fast forward a couple of weeks, and the smell that came out of that thing when we finally needed to open that freezer to get something out of it, it was fucking legendary.
You're lying. I find it hard to believe you were ever able to get it opened inside of two years. :action-sm

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
We had a small freezer in the basement and my cats somehow managed to pull the plug on it, whilst fucking around climbing on it. It was full of chicken, pork chops, just a vast assortment of meats. Fast forward a couple of weeks, and the smell that came out of that thing when we finally needed to open that freezer to get something out of it, it was fucking legendary. Made me immediately run upstairs and puke. I'm literally shocked I held it long enough to get upstairs.

The smell in the basement lingered for a month. This was approximately this time last year. The freezer still has a faint lingering stench, and this is after at least half a dozen bleach scrubbings, left it outside airing out for a week, scrubbed once again with baking soda, and putting 2 boxes of baking soda in it each week since to absorb the smell.

It's better, but when the air is humid, you can catch an ever-so-slight whiff of decay & death. I won't eat anything out of that freezer that wasn't hermetically sealed before being put in, I have told my wife as much. She swears there's no more smell, but I knows (nose) better.
Is that why you're afraid to open the safe? I doubt the last owners stored meat in there.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Did she she buy it used from a dealership and find out the previous owner was someone named Jon Voight?
Vos has 50 lbs of Sauerkraut that he swears will fix it.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Pull the negative lead on the battery and open the doors and trunk for a week.