My new toy

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
Once you get a widescreen monitor, you can never go back. I've got a 24 inch widescreen and when I have to use my laptop (with it's tiny 15-inch standard screen) I feel like an animal. Great purchase. Not a bad price either.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I wasn't actually looking to buy it, but I stumbled accross it surfing the net and actually found it for $206, not including shipping. Read a shitload of reviews about it, and the only thing anyone bitched about was the lack of vertical adjustment of the stand. Big fucking deal! I jumped all over it. Got it the very next day too. Sweet all around.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Once you get a widescreen monitor, you can never go back. I've got a 24 inch widescreen and when I have to use my laptop (with it's tiny 15-inch standard screen) I feel like an animal. Great purchase. Not a bad price either.
Absolutely true. I've got a laptop with a wide screen that I use all the time, and a 17" regular lcd for the desktop. Hard to get used to the stupid square one again after spending time on the wide.

Remember the late 80s when apple came out with the tall screen? It was supposed to be the greatest thing for business because it was the aspect ratio of 8.5x14 legal paper. Not so great any more..

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Acer is always a great bang for the buck.

I've had my current laptop for close to 4 years with a 17" widescreen. Perfect for multitasking.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
I keep jumping up in sizes and it never seems enough...i'm going to have to get another 24 wide soon...waiting for the day full-on concave monitors hit the streets

GonzoRadio

I like yoguuuuuurt
Nov 26, 2005
NYC
I keep jumping up in sizes and it never seems enough...i'm going to have to get another 24 wide soon...waiting for the day full-on concave monitors hit the streets
Big is nice, but two is better.... The productivity boost is unbelievable. Games are starting to catch on now too. When my 26'' broke I bought 2 19s; I thought I'd be unhappy but I'm actually a lot better off with 2.

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
thats pretty cool. I have a 19" 4:3 monitor at work, and I run it rotated 180 degrees... I am certainly digging "alternative" ways of working... might want to try the 16x9 route at home. Though I'm saving up for something in the 40" range... especially since I would be using it more for watching movies and more non intensive PC stuff, as opposed to gaming which I don't really do much of at all.