My old alma mater is finally getting a makeover

I was originally going to post this in the education forum...

Keep in mind that when I graduated from this school in 2005, it was a last resort school (especially for kids with LD). I couldn't be happier to leave. Now what was once a shithole is now apparently going up there with schools such as Lesley University and Wheelock College in Boston:

Mitchell College Getting New Look

Originally published in The Day 08/06/07

New London — Students at Mitchell College will be greeted by a new dining center and construction of a new building when they return to school in a few weeks.

After preparing a master plan for the campus, the college began the first of a three-phase improvement project earlier this year.
Crews from the Carlin Construction Co. of New London have laid the foundation and begun framing a 12,000-square-foot building called the Ric and Dawn Brill Duquès Academic Success Center. Meanwhile, work to transform the first floors of the Clarke and Weller centers into 8,000 square feet of modern dining facilities began in May and will be complete by mid August.
The overhaul includes the creation of a dining center with a pizza station, stir-fry to order and pasta and salad bars, and a restaurant-style dining area. Linked with a porthole-style window and a walkway nicknamed “Main Street,” a cyber café next door will offer grab-and-go food, Internet access and outdoor seating on a landscaped plaza.
The college has relocated a historic building now called Beebe Cottage to a new foundation about 20 feet from where it stood and, with a small addition, is turning it into a mailroom and center for visitors. (A video of the move can be seen online at www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uiAiQt8F_I .) The Michael's Dairy property, purchased last year, now includes a new bookstore space and Red Barn Café along with the ice cream shop.
The first phase of the master plan will cost $12.9 million, which includes the $4 million academic success center and the $2.9 million renovation of the dining facilities. College President Mary Ellen Jukoski said the entire project is on time and on budget so far. The college's physical growth follows an academic expansion under Jukoski's 13-year tenure. During that time it has gone from a two-year college to a four-year college. New programs this fall will include bachelor's degrees in communications and environmental studies and concentrations in homeland security, education management and hospitality and tourism.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
see, here's the thing dave. This thread presumes one of two things.

1) People care because they went to Mitchell

2) People care about Mitchell because you went there.

The roll call of wackbaggers who went to Mitchell College probably begins and ends with you and as for reason 2 well...

I'm not sure you're getting the whole starting a pertinant thread thing yet... People want to read about things they can relate to or are interested in in some way. I'm going to suggest that you start threads in bizarro for now and we'll move them to the appropriate area if need be.

Why does your sig say you are class of 2007 at SUNY then? "whaa"

Dave? Dave Connors? Dave Connors, I thought that was you!

It's me TJ.

Hey now, don't you tell me you don't remember me 'cause I sure as heckfire remember you.

TJ Ryerson. "TJ Two Fingers"? "Nubby McNubster"? C'mon, buddy. Mitchel College?. I did the "Where is Thumpkin pantomime" for the Universaity talent show? Bing. TJ Ryerson, got the clap, that no one could hear, real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. TJ Ryerson, I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple of times until you told me not to anymore? Well?

There's this great diner where I live, and they just got a new sign out front. It really looks great and it really adds a lot to the dining experience.

Just sayin

Redding

Why can't us?
There's this great diner where I live, and they just got a new sign out front. It really looks great and it really adds a lot to the dining experience.

Just sayin
...do they have toast there?

...do they have toast there?
With marmalade!

It's a quite interesting story actually. You see, many, many moons ago the owners of said diner were on a camping trip in North Dakota, and they came across a young Bavarian couple who had been fishing for various types of indigenous fishes.

They have a conversation about their favorite breakfast foods, and low and behold, they all decide that marmalade is the best thing since sliced bread, to be put on sliced bread!

Well, as you can imagine they all had a good laugh, and long story short, they put marmalade on their toast now.

Isn't that just fascinating?

Redding

Why can't us?
With marmalade!

It's a quite interesting story actually. You see, many, many moons ago the owners of said diner were on a camping trip in North Dakota, and they came across a young Bavarian couple who had been fishing for various types of indigenous fishes.

They have a conversation about their favorite breakfast foods, and low and behold, they all decide that marmalade is the best thing since sliced bread, to be put on sliced bread!

Well, as you can imagine they all had a good laugh, and long story short, they put marmalade on their toast now.

Isn't that just fascinating?
Absolutely!

its just like the time i was shooting some b-ball outside of the school when a couple of guys were up to no good making trouble in my neighbourhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said youre moving with your aunte and uncle in bel-air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the licensplate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air!

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby yo, home smell you later. Looked at my kingdom I was finally there to settle my throne as the prince of bel-air.

Joe Avezzano

They closed down all but one of the Blimpie's in town. It really pisses me off but there is still one in Moorhead and it's pretty good. Just make sure you don't go when the dumb blonde chick is working there. Man is she stupid.

I went to lunch today and had some food... It was pretty damn good. Then I paid with my credit card.

I just thought everyone would like to know.

I have a weird feeling people don't like Dave ... "whaa"

MAV

I have a weird feeling people don't like Dave ... "whaa"
its not a feeling sir. pure truth.

on a side note, can a mod make it so that when he (sidekick dave) starts a thread, after he fills it out with all his crap, and hits submit thread, can it just log him out for about a week or so?

thegreenninja

Alkey fan since day 1
What is the purpose of posting this self-promoting malodorous refuse?
I really want to know the purpose of this thread, seriously.
WHY!!

Christ! Was my Groundhog day ref too obscure?

Nothin?

MAV

Christ! Was my Groundhog day ref too obscure?

Nothin?
yeah, i thought thats what that was from.

"i dated your sister till you told me not to" :haha7:

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Last year the health department shut down the dining facilities at my beloved alma mater. Just saying ya know.

Costs for 2007-2008

Resident Student - $33,499 per year

What a waste of money. $67,000 and you can't even create a decent thread.

MAV

Last year the health department shut down the dining facilities at my beloved alma mater. Just saying ya know.
yer kiddin!!! how did it happen?

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
yer kiddin!!! how did it happen?
The way I hear it, the health department people locked the doors to the place. Freaky huh?

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Have I mentioned my love for Wackbaggers? This thread would be a good example.

MAV

Have I mentioned my love for Wackbaggers? This thread would be a good example.
search out and read some of the other mindblowing threads hes started. this is just small time.

MyKneeGrows

A Mean-Spirited Nothing™
Well, theres 10 minutes I'll never get back......

MJMANDALAY

I am a Great cook.
Just sayin

Top Bottom