OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

My Police Scanner Reminds How F'd Up The World Is

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Shootr, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

Just moved back to a large metropolis, finally reprogrammed my scanner to listen in to the evening fun - holy shit my area is jammed with retardation and assholes. Glad I'm armed.

2. Poison The Well

Poison The Well Somebody poisoned the water-hole!

I love listening to the scanner through my phone with a nice pair of headphones. Helps with getting the most unintelligible of transmissions.

3. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

i have one on my tool box at work, mainly because i do a lot of work for the local pd's so its fun to listen to my buddies on the radio, also its amazing the crap that people call the cops for.

4. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

Fezman - Keep forgetting to ask, your bottom rollcab, is it the chassis that has drawers plus the side cab on the right side - but all one chassis, not the add-on side cab? I have one with that layout (took it on trade and kept it) and in 9 years of SO, never seen another one since.

5. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

yes its a low profile triple bank with an integrated storage cabinet, its was badged as a 75th anniversary edition but i took it off so they didn't get ruined. i bought it about 15 years ago used. i screwed up because when i traded my old box in i ended up having to buy my old top box back because i gained no extra storage space

6. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

You guys have no idea. You should hear some of the private line calls that don't go out over the radio.

7. Shootr

Shootr OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
    Donator

What's funnier (sadder) is how many seem to forget they are being listened to, and give out cell phone numbers, addresses, schedules, etc.

I could never be a cop, I can't take stupidity and ignorance for very long.

Someone ran their car into a house owned by an ancient retired couple. PO is in a full blown argument trying to explain why they can't go in the damaged part of the house until a city engineer takes a look. The guy was so exasperated talking to his commander you could just tell he wished the house would collapse and kill the old fuck.

8. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

In Scranton they have to..while the officers look it up on their computer. Why? Because the axiom is that other criminals are also listening and might find out that one of their outlets is compromised.