My Ron Bennington Moment

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
My dad is visiting me from Vegas and it's been a few years since he visited. He's amazed at how the construction on the strip and the whole town has exploded in the last few years.

We're driving by the Luxor at night and there's low cloud cover so the beam that shoots straight up is really bright tonight.

My dad looks over at the Luxor and the spotlight and says, "Jesus, what do you think it takes to power that thing up every night?"

I look over at him and say in my best Ronnie B. deadpan, "Hayseeds and rubes dad, hayseeds and rubes..."

I was surprised he actually cracked up and I felt like a genius.

Anyone else have a RB moment?

Guess you had to be there?

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
It's carnies and rubes. If you gonna steal Ronnie's line, please do it right. :D

Of course you're right, the seeds do power that light.

Arch Stanton

It's all about the funny!
Nov 22, 2004
Long Island
Ham and Eggers works too.

And of course I have Ron moments. It makes life so much more interesting!

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
My dad is visiting me from Vegas and it's been a few years since he visited. He's amazed at how the construction on the strip and the whole town has exploded in the last few years.

We're driving by the Luxor at night and there's low cloud cover so the beam that shoots straight up is really bright tonight.

My dad looks over at the Luxor and the spotlight and says, "Jesus, what do you think it takes to power that thing up every night?"

I look over at him and say in my best Ronnie B. deadpan, "Hayseeds and rubes dad, hayseeds and rubes..."

I was surprised he actually cracked up and I felt like a genius.

Anyone else have a RB moment?

Guess you had to be there?
I would have told him that it was only 1 of 2 things that can be seen from space, and it takes 1000000 candle power to light it up.

Yes I know that off the top of my head :)
Been to Vegas about 50 times.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Well, anyone in Vegas getting taken would either be a hayseed or a rube, so that could technically be correct.