My Xbox 360 12/25/07 - 12/27/07 R.I.P.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
I get a brand new Xbox 360 manufacture date 10-24-07. Play it one night, all is well. Wake up today , pop in COD4 , fucking thing freezes 2 minutes in , restart, thing freezes all over again (went through this 5 times). Scour the forums all over the place, try all the "fixes" (raising the power supply on a box, plug directly into wall as opposed to power strip, the x x LB RB x x code), still goddam freezes every time.

I'm not even gonna fuck with Microsoft over the phone. Going to try and trade it in today for a different one. If that doesn't work, and the POS still fucking freezes, I am sending a steaming pile of shit to Microsoft, after I consume tacos, corn and cheap beer.

Fucking 2 years in and still pumping out faulty systems. Fuck You Microsoft.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
I've owned mine for over a year and a half and it's never broken.

Did you get the hateful red-ring-of-death? It's goin' around...

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I get a brand new Xbox 360 manufacture date 10-24-07. Play it one night, all is well. Wake up today , pop in COD4 , fucking thing freezes 2 minutes in , restart, thing freezes all over again (went through this 5 times). Scour the forums all over the place, try all the "fixes" (raising the power supply on a box, plug directly into wall as opposed to power strip, the x x LB RB x x code), still goddam freezes every time.

I'm not even gonna fuck with Microsoft over the phone. Going to try and trade it in today for a different one. If that doesn't work, and the POS still fucking freezes, I am sending a steaming pile of shit to Microsoft, after I consume tacos, corn and cheap beer.

Fucking 2 years in and still pumping out faulty systems. Fuck You Microsoft.
Save yourself the trouble and frustration and trade it in on something that doesn't fall apart, a PS3.

It's ok, come to the dark side. Life is much more pleasant with those extra things like Blu-Ray films aside from HD gaming.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
I've owned mine for over a year and a half and it's never broken.

Did you get the hateful red-ring-of-death? It's goin' around...
No red ring of death, but I'm not even waiting for that. My one friend has gone through 4 in the past year and a half. I know 3 other people who have had one, and all three had to return at least one.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
Save yourself the trouble and frustration and trade it in on something that doesn't fall apart, a PS3.

It's ok, come to the dark side. Life is much more pleasant with those extra things like Blu-Ray films aside from HD gaming.
Yeah.. because who needs fun games, right? You can have a big, throbbing bucket of next-gen system leftovers for the failure of the Next-Gen war.

FORMAT WAR!!!

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey

Yeah I have always been a playstation guy, it's just that money is tight and the xbox was cheaper, plus I figured after 2 years Microsoft would have their shit together. I guessed wrong.

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY

x2....this is what I did with my 360 traded that piece of shit in

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
Got mine last Christmas, love it, use it all the time, transported it quite a few times, NO problems, there is an occasional freezing every now and then, but once I restarted it, it was fine.

Hope it works out sir, in getting it fixed.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
No red ring of death, but I'm not even waiting for that. My one friend has gone through 4 in the past year and a half. I know 3 other people who have had one, and all three had to return at least one.
Where did you get your copy in Jersey because mine freezes too. COD4 is the only one I'm having a problem with though.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
Where did you get your copy in Jersey because mine freezes too. COD4 is the only one I'm having a problem with though.

My girl got the system at FYE (which sucks because their return policy stinks, it says for game systems to see manufacturer's warranty, where Target you just go and exchange) and the COD4 game at Target.

VersionX

Jul 18, 2004
What were the specs? AKA was it a Falcon that died on you?

Chester'sLiver

ESD is Wackbag's hero!
Jan 28, 2005
New Jersey
Do any other games work in it?

I have had this 360 for a year and a half with no problems. I also have a Ps3 and my suggestion is get the 360 fixed....

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La

C'mon, Sam. Quality sells itself. No need to evangalize the merits of the PS3 among the downtrodden and distraught. They'll either catch on or they won't. Not our problem, man.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
My girl got the system at FYE (which sucks because their return policy stinks, it says for game systems to see manufacturer's warranty, where Target you just go and exchange) and the COD4 game at Target.
Can I ask which Target? Also, does the system work besides this game?

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Target in Hackensack. I just popped in Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and so far its not freezing. WTF is going on?
Either COD 4 is flawed or there is a bad batch of games. I got an error code last night joining someone's game that said "Error Microsoft code 902370293480203". I have no idea what it was. I plan on calling though.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
sounds like the game and not your 360.. return the game and see what happens...
Well I did some more poking around online and someone somewhere mentioned corrupt saved games. So I went in and deleted my COD4 save game, started from the beginning (not a big deal as I was only on the second level), and have been playing for half an hour and no freezing.

So far, so good, I just hope that's what it was.

Oct 5, 2004
jersey
Not only has mine been working almost flawlessly for nearly a year, but it also fell from about 3 feet once, shell busted apart, and still worked after reconstruction.

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
I'd say if 2 days in you've got issues already, exchange it for a new one at the store. I wouldn't fix something that was dying after 2 days... just seems like a lemon to me.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
I sure don't miss playing my 360 other than for hockey

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Shit, I haven't played my 360 in forever! WoW, TF2, and CoD4 on PC.... who needs anything more? I miss Rainbow 6 Vegas though.

MrQuotes

Feelin' Fine
Jan 21, 2005
getting a 360 is like playing russian roulette with a very pretty gun..
i remember the first xbox i got was defective by default, and when i got a new one it broke six months later
im on my third since i think late summer, too many games i love and im simply willing to go through the process repeatedly
but im always on high alert