myfi-nexxus question

anez_98

my gal and I just got new cars - and they don't have cassette players. the fm modulators on our xm units don't always have the best reception (hers really sucks). Any tips on how to correct this? is there other tech stuff that we can use ... instead, of course, of having xm installed in the cars?

Thanks all.

Stinky rules.

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
lots of car stereos have aux. inputs now for stuff like mp3 players. I bought a cheap am/fm/cd player (about $65 at Best Buy) with a front input and ran a standard cable between the stereo and my Nexus. If you don't want to change the stereo, check out myradiostore.com for their better fm modulators. They probably will have better reception. I've also heard people claim that unscrewing the antenna mast will help some, since it will be less sensitive and will pick up mainly the XM.

You should stomp on them and cancel your subscriptions until the bbboys are actually back on the air.

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
my gal and I just got new cars - and they don't have cassette players. the fm modulators on our xm units don't always have the best reception (hers really sucks). Any tips on how to correct this? is there other tech stuff that we can use ... instead, of course, of having xm installed in the cars?

Thanks all.

Stinky rules.
Check this out, it might suit your needs.

http://www.myradiostore.com/fmmodulators/fm-direct-sa10112.html

The Delphi XM FM Direct Accessory optimizes the receiver's internal FM modulator to your vehicle's radio in regions with a high density of FM radio stations and few open FM channels. The adaptor connects directly in-line on your vehicle's existing AM/FM antenna input. Includes the FM direct accessory and power socket.

Chlorofirm

I highly recommend one of those hardwired FM direct kits as well.

Trainable J

Steel-toed tooth remover
Some cars, it they have an input for a CD changer, have an adapter that goes from the changer in port on the back of the radio to a 3.5 input on the other end. My wife's Impala will be getting one of these in the near future. Just trying to help out. What kind of car did ya'll get, fancy man?

anez_98

Thanks all. How easy is it to get inside the dashboard of an '07 nissan sentra (her car)?