mystery shopper

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
Has anyone ever done this stuff? I did a little bit of research on it and it seems like it is actually legit. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with it? I figure there is still at least 4 hours a day that I have free that I could be making money. This might be a feasable 3rd form of income.

Jul 16, 2002
delaware
I did, but the money wasn't that great for the effort involved. I shopped a Linens and Things, had to do specific things, make a purchase, come back another day return it, report on both. $20 hardly made it worth the gas to go there twice.

Polack

Who is John Galt?
Aug 25, 2005
A buddy of mine did it. His only problem with it was that they say you will have alot of work but when you finally get started you only have work like once a week. And in most cases the work is like a hundred miles from your home.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I did it once. I got sent to two different clothing stores to make purchases and then had to return them. I was also supposed to try on clothing and rate the dressing rooms. One store was in Oceanside, 25 minutes from me, and the other was in Glen Cove, also 25 minutes from me. For each job I was paid $10 .... not worth it.

You can always sell Lia Sophia jewelry or some other type of stuff where you set your own hours. The initial investment is minimal and for the most part the products sell themselves.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
ive never done secrete shopper stuff but i do take paid surveys all the time, i used to date a girl that worked for JRP surveys and got on there "list", you name it ive given my worthless opinion on it, the last one i did was for cigarettes i got a free carton of smokes, two packs at a time and when i was done i got a check for 100$ most of the JRP surveys were 30-50$ and you get to keep what ever they want you to try, some times its great other times its crap.

the best deal i have going now is with a spray gun company, i get all the latest products and prototypes and get to test them and fill out surveys, i also read instructions for them, in return i get free shit, i also scam free shit from sales men all the time, if i dont get freebies i dont buy there shit

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
In my past life when I had the misfortune of working a retail job, I had to deal with mystery shoppers. They were morons. They'd come into the store and ask for something we didn't carry and nail you for not showing them the product they asked for. One time our store had a rash of bad mystery shops and the managers were making all kinds of threats. I got dinged for just that. They threatened to suspend me, etc. How could I show them something we didn't carry? I was able to point out the issue and they dropped it.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
all you have to do is become an upper middle class, middle aged man, and your in like flyn

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
In my past life when I had the misfortune of working a retail job, I had to deal with mystery shoppers. They were morons. They'd come into the store and ask for something we didn't carry and nail you for not showing them the product they asked for. One time our store had a rash of bad mystery shops and the managers were making all kinds of threats. I got dinged for just that. They threatened to suspend me, etc. How could I show them something we didn't carry? I was able to point out the issue and they dropped it.
I actually got fired because of a shopper. The retailer that I worked for used to hire people to "shop" the cashiers. They'd instruct these people to push the envelope - basically become the customer from hell.

Back then, when a credit card got declined, we were supposed to call the credit card company to find out why. So this one time the agent on the other end tells me that the card was expired and I was to let the customer know this and then cut the card in half. Well, she had been a bitch from the time I said hello & I chose to do things in the opposite order - I cut the card and then told the customer her card was expired. She started yelling at me that I had no right to do that yada yada yada. My manager came over, she told him what I did, I told him why I did it, he walked away with her and came back 5 minutes later. He told me that sometimes the company hired "shoppers" and that I'd just been shopped. He then told me to punch out and come in on Friday to collect my check. I told him I was on the schedule the next day and he said no, as of right now you no longer work here.

First and only time I'd ever been fired from a job.

VersionX

Jul 18, 2004
all you have to do is become an upper middle class, middle aged man, and your in like flyn

What about a slightly lower-middle class 24 year old college grad? Is there any way an individual in that demo can get into Flynn? Cause man, the extra income said Flynn would provide would be a huge help.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
What about a slightly lower-middle class 24 year old college grad? Is there any way an individual in that demo can get into Flynn? Cause man, the extra income said Flynn would provide would be a huge help.
Foot tapping and hand motions under a public bathroom stall should get you paid. :action-sm

VersionX

Jul 18, 2004
Foot tapping and hand motions under a public bathroom stall should get you paid. :action-sm
Would going up to a large black man's window, waking him up, and telling him "It's cold out here" work too? Cause if so, I've got it made in the spade...er, shade. Yes, shade. :icon_lol:

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I used to do surveys for money a lot.

My old job was secret shopped almost daily, our owner was obsessed with seeing how we were doing.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
I actually got fired because of a shopper. The retailer that I worked for used to hire people to "shop" the cashiers. They'd instruct these people to push the envelope - basically become the customer from hell.

Back then, when a credit card got declined, we were supposed to call the credit card company to find out why. So this one time the agent on the other end tells me that the card was expired and I was to let the customer know this and then cut the card in half. Well, she had been a bitch from the time I said hello & I chose to do things in the opposite order - I cut the card and then told the customer her card was expired. She started yelling at me that I had no right to do that yada yada yada. My manager came over, she told him what I did, I told him why I did it, he walked away with her and came back 5 minutes later. He told me that sometimes the company hired "shoppers" and that I'd just been shopped. He then told me to punch out and come in on Friday to collect my check. I told him I was on the schedule the next day and he said no, as of right now you no longer work here.

First and only time I'd ever been fired from a job.

i would have punched that cunt in the face. i don't put up with bull shit from customers, i don't believe that the customer is always right, because they usually arnt, and i tell them.

when i worked retail at the photo shop i had a few experiences with people that ended poorly, one guy started to freek out in the lobby screaming yelling flapping his arms, over what was really nothing, i was working as ranking employee on the shift, at the printer and he went crazy on a young girl that i was dating at the time, bad move on his part. when i went to the counter to find out what was going on he got even more irate and started yelling at me, i told my girl to call the police then grabbed a fire extinguisher and told him if he didnt leave the store i was going to bash him in the face with it. my girl handed him his shit and he ran out of the store, with out paying, the cops showed up i told them what happened, and so did the 10 people that were waiting behind him (5-7 of those were regular customers) the cops just told me to call them instead and asked me if i wanted to press charges for theft against him. i also had a few calls to our customer service line about "fred goodspeed" the name that was on my tag, but i never got fired, i did end up quitting though in the middle of a customer dispute, some fucking cunt started giving me a rash of shit over nothing. then told me " ill have your job" my response was "go fuck your self cunt, i hate this 5$ an hour job because of assholes like you, and you can have my fucking job" i waked around the counter and out of the store.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
I do a lot of on-line surveys for Harris. I think it's harrispoll.com I get the survey link mailed to me, and when I'm done I early points. A lot of the stuff you can redeem points for isn't that great but I did get a wireless mouse & num pad for free.

As for mystery shopping, I've looked into it but that's about it.

Fez, how do we get into JRP? I want free shit, too!

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I do e-Rewards & earn fake money as well. I usually save up enough for Delta miles. What I don't like though is you can't redeem your fake money for the same reward more than once a year. The other thing is it's by invitation only and I still haven't figured out how I got the invitation or how to get others invited.

And Fez, seriously, I'd like to do JPS as well. How does one get in?

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
yes please... more info on this "JPS" business.

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
take the surveys that you hang up on when the dot heads call. or if someone in the mall comes up to you and asks you to take there survey take it, its that simple. just ask if your going to get paid or if you take this one will you get paid for the next. thats all i did, i actually was already doing the surveys when i started banging the the survey girl thats how i met her:rolleyes: i haven't taken a JRP survey in a while but i take all the other ones, i have even taken on line ones when you register a product ect.... the on line ones usually pay play money like amazon bucks ect.. but ive gotten other free shit, just NEVER give them a credit card #my old lady fucked up and did that, i ended up canceling that card.... :icon_roll

THE FEZ MAN

Aug 23, 2002
well like i said its been a while since i took one of there's but i take plenty of others. its quite possible that they are out of buissness,

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
OK then. How about all these paid surveys everyone keeps talking about? I really want to supplement my income a tad, and these sound like they might be a decent way to do it. Where do you guys get them?

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
OK then. How about all these paid surveys everyone keeps talking about? I really want to supplement my income a tad, and these sound like they might be a decent way to do it. Where do you guys get them?
You'd have to do a lot of surveys to really have them supplement your income. Best bet to supplement your income is to be like the rest of us and get a second job. Drug dealers make good money ;)

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
I just got into doing paid surveys a woman from my work was doing them and gave them my name went in tasted soup for 2 hours one day 2 hours the next and walked out with $150 cash and a coupon for free soup..pretty fricking sweet...i'm guessing i'm on the list now so i hope they call again...compay's name here was JRA would definitely do it again

sobi

Mar 29, 2005
Best bet to supplement your income is to be like the rest of us and get a second job.

Been there, done that. 45 hrs a week as a digital proofer/mac operator for a pre-media company, and 22 hours on weekends at ESPN as an assistant photo editor for ESPN.com. I'm not looking to make enough to pay a monthly bill off... just something to maybe pay for a tank of gas or two a week.