"Mythbusters" Launch Cannonball Into Home

Absolutely

Self-Heavy
Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
'Mythbusters' Cannonball Accidentally Launches Into California Home

The Discovery Channel's popular mythbusting duo busted more than the myth this time.

A stunt for the show, "Mythbusters," went awry Tuesday when a cannonball was launched through the side of a California home.

The house in Dublin -- southeast of Oakland -- was hit at about 4:15 p.m. when a cannonball was "misfired" from a nearby bomb range, KTVU-TV reported, citing the Alameda County Sheriff's Department.

A sheriff's spokesperson said "the cannonball took a few unfortunate bounces" before hitting the home, going all the way through the house before smashing the window of a mini van, KTVU-TV reports.

"That cannonball careened off the hill at a very bad trajectory and carried into this neighborhood," J.D. Nelson of Alameda County Sheriff's Department said.

No one was injured.
MMMMM

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Actually, they got kicked out of the quarry they used to use because they set off an ammonium nitrate bomb that was WAY bigger than expected and broke some windows and scared the shit out of the local town.

http://www.kcra.com/r/19016582/detail.html
I remember when the blew up that concrete mixer with an ammonium bomb. I don't think there was a piece of that truck bigger then a shoe box left.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
I'm more shocked it took this long for something like this to happen.
it's happened before...

Actually, they got kicked out of the quarry they used to use because they set off an ammonium nitrate bomb that was WAY bigger than expected and broke some windows and scared the shit out of the local town.

http://www.kcra.com/r/19016582/detail.html
I remember when the blew up that concrete mixer with an ammonium bomb. I don't think there was a piece of that truck bigger then a shoe box left.
It was actually the "knock your socks off" myth that prompted all the blown out windows, not the cement mixer. They even talked about it on a recent "best of" episode. The producer grabbed Kari and said "you're coming with me. Nobody can be mad at a pregnant lady!".

bill333

Go Screw!
Mar 23, 2005
Orange County,NY - Hudson Valley
The title should have been "Mythfired" or sumptin tss tss

In spite of it being a pre-housing range and all, I'm surprised it still faces homes, regardless of the odds this happening. Amazing nobody was even injured. Seeing all those holes reminded me of that recochet ball in "Men In Black"

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
It probably was that dumb broad "Carry" or whatever her name is.

Show would be 20x non-effected if she vanished and never appeared again.

The geeky middle school kids gotta have a smart girl to idolize!!!!! LOLOLOL

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
It probably was that dumb broad "Carry" or whatever her name is.

Show would be 20x non-effected if she vanished and never appeared again.

The geeky middle school kids gotta have a smart girl to idolize!!!!! LOLOLOL
What happened to your title?

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
Fuck the guy covering that story, that was fucking awful. He got out of the van 10 minutes before it happened, he didn't exactly have a near death experience. That is why I don't watch the news.

ShiftyMH

May 31, 2004
The title should have been "Mythfired" or sumptin tss tss

In spite of it being a pre-housing range and all, I'm surprised it still faces homes, regardless of the odds this happening. Amazing nobody was even injured. Seeing all those holes reminded me of that recochet ball in "Men In Black"
Cannonballs leave cannonball-shaped holes -- confirmed.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
There's a letter missing off of those logos...

A very FUCKING important letter...

If you're reading this and you don't understand, just understand this:

You'll be getting some Sweet Chin Music.. I'm probably outside your front door/place of buisness/location already.

Top Bottom