Mythbusters meets Jackass: How would you cut off your own leg?

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
I think today's pot talk would have worked in perfectly into the pilot. With a budget they could get some ballistics gel molds with bone inside and see which way really is the best to cut a leg off.

I think the dummies at the network have something. I think it could work for at least 22 mins, then it would go the way of XFL.

And by the way, I would cut off my leg like they showed in LOST.

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
Feb 9, 2006
NY
That's a great idea for a show.

You might even say it has legs...

Wocka wocka wocka.

grail

Tahini sauce in my drawers
Sep 24, 2005
MN
The whole cutting your legs off bit was great. I wouldn't discount the train option. When I worked in the steel mill, I was trained to drive a train (hrmph-hrmph) with a remote control. You could totally do it by yourself.

My other thought was with a log splitter. Slow, painful, with a remote control as well.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
I thought the same thing about the tv show idea.

USCowboy69

Excuse me Sir could you please pick up my piggies?
Apr 19, 2007
Maryland
Oh Jesus...driving down 270-S this morning, I didn't know whether to laugh or be sick...it was all I could do to stay in my lane...that was a hilarious bit this morning...and remember, you have to keep it safe when cutting off a limb!

May 15, 2007
I think today's pot talk would have worked in perfectly into the pilot. With a budget they could get some ballistics gel molds with bone inside and see which way really is the best to cut a leg off.

I think the dummies at the network have something. I think it could work for at least 22 mins, then it would go the way of XFL.

And by the way, I would cut off my leg like they showed in LOST.
Ballistics gel? Just use a cadaver. You could dig a few up if there were none available

I would coat my legs with gravy and attend a weight-watchers meeting

CoalShoveler

Jun 18, 2007
Midlothian, VA
I think I'd have to go with either:

A) A car with no tires, just rims. Jack up the front or back of the car (depending on the drive wheels) and attach a rope. Put a weight on the gas. Lay infront the car and pull the rope.

B) Put your legs in liquid nitrogen smash once with a hammer, you could just sweep up the bits if your quick.

I could think of plenty more.

en12384

Apr 12, 2007
id go with the superman ride at 6 flags

lordankur

OH BOY! a doody hat! aaaehhh? (with proudness)
May 16, 2007
staten island
jimmy's idea of inoculation of garbage spew causing necrotizing fasciitis is the way to goooooooo....then a quick little twist and there goes the leg..... brilliant! as usual...

Maynard K

Get it right, it's Dopey & Aintfunny!
Nov 5, 2004
NJ
I would deep fry my feet, then sit on Bob Kelly's kitchen table. Virtually painless.

frago

I am Jacks raging bile duct
Apr 27, 2006
with a spork

SonnyForelli

The New Owner of the Original Wifflebat
Feb 4, 2005
Peabody Ma.
well, there has allways been the bleeding issue, so, what about a cutting tourch. It would be painfull but it would cortorize the blood at the same time

theo

Mar 9, 2005
i say the dude did it in a pro fashion, tie it up tight, maybe below and above the knee for good measure... wait until they are dead feeling, then zip through the bitches...., but you would have to call 911 before you did it so there would be a recording in case you bled out and died..., something for the news to suck nourishment from.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
a glass trough that fits over my leg and sulfuric acid
That or a bottle of jim beam and a blowtorch

Jan 22, 2007
LI
Lie down on an auto shop floor and drop the lift down on your legs.

FishinForBabies

Certified master faildozer operator
Dec 10, 2004
backwoods of Missouri
trains. quickest way. find a train, not moving too fast, and stick your legs on the track between freight car wheelsets.

dont stick your legs out in front of the locomotive, the plow will get them and just roll you up, fucking up more than your legs.

Lonelily

put something clever here
May 16, 2007
Norfolk, Va
Ugh...it was almost too much for me to hear today. Funny, but I actually turned it off for a few minutes. I never caught as to why they wanted to cut their legs off though.

theo

Mar 9, 2005
Ugh...it was almost too much for me to hear today. Funny, but I actually turned it off for a few minutes. I never caught as to why they wanted to cut their legs off though.
it was a "i just always wanted them off, they were a burden"... the same stuff transsexuals say about their balls... crazy talk

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
How about that water jet thingy they use on American Chopper....that looks quick, and the water would wash all the blood away!

Lonelily

put something clever here
May 16, 2007
Norfolk, Va
it was a "i just always wanted them off, they were a burden"... the same stuff transsexuals say about their balls... crazy talk
Yep, that wheel chair is going to be far easier to get around in! My boobs bother me sometimes but I've never wanted them off. I just think of the good things about 'em!:D